• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Benefits of Hara Om mantra?

agorman

Premium Member
So far I didn't find any good info on the web about the "Hara Om" mantra (Hara = Shiva), only about "Hari Om" (Vishnu), does someone know the benefits of it?

Shrew

I think 'Hara Om' doesn't exist.
The classical mantra for Shiva is 'Namah Shivaya', 'Hari Om' is a Vaishnava mantra.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Hara om is part of this stuti

Shambo Mahadeva Sadashiva, Ambuja Nayana Narayana
Hara Om Hara Om Sadashiva, Hari Om Hari Om Narayana
Vannaga Bhushana Sadashiva, Vannaga Sayana Narayana
Kailasavasa Sadashiva, Vaikuntavasa Narayana
Gowri Sametha Sadashiva, Lakshmi Sametha Narayana
Parvati Ramana Sadashiva, Paapa Vimochana Narayana
Basma Vibu****ha Sadashiva, Sreekanda Lepitha Narayana
Anatharakshka Sadashiva, Aabathbandava Narayana
Chinmaya Nanda Sadhashiva, Chinmaya Roopa Narayana
Shambo Mahadeva Sadashiva, Ambuja Nayana Narayana

I have this in my collection of mp3s as well as the text in my prayer book.

It does seem to be commonly used. https://www.google.com/search?as_q=..._occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=

agorman

Premium Member
I just noticed this!

I should have transliterated it to Vibuśitha. :D

My native tongue is Spanish and sometimes I had problems with Hinduism with some words and mantras... I asked forgiveness to the gods sometimes, because e.g. "Nama Shivaya" sounds like "nomás se vaya" (only let it go) or "Vasudevaya" sounds like "vaso de bayas" (glass of berries (!?) ), "Loka Mata" which means "mother of the World" in Sanskrit, sounds exactly like "loca mata" which in Spanish means "crazy woman kills", "Kama" sounds like "cama" which means "bed", etc. :D

I also remembered I once read "Om" means "if" in Swedish, so when Swedes meditate they're constantly repeating "if... if... if...".

Last edited: