• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Believing in God without religion

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
Do theists who do not follow organized religion fall under the "spiritual but not religious" category? I don't ever hear anyone calling themselves a Theist. It seems like this stance is more like an explanation than an identity: "I believe in God but not religion".
I'm a god-believing Panentheist. I believe that God is actively involved in His creation but not that He responds to prayers in order to disturb the natural flow of the universe which runs according to the laws of physics.
I don't subscribe to any religion but call myself a Neo-Humanist, which is a kind of spiritual (extended) Humanism that does not put humans in the centre but rather God or the Supreme Consciousness (not bound by time and space) Who/Which is hidden within or behind everything.

Last edited: