• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

being like David Icke?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
So, my question is:

How might I become more like David Icke?

Basically: How might I raise my profile?

Any ideas?

I have some crackpot ideas

In terms of percentages, I 66% believe them - am keeping an open mind as to the veracity of my claims

I'd like to be like David Icke :D

I think I have what it takes

But I know I'd never be able to earn a living out of being like David Icke

But I don't need to!

So... I have a blog:

Edward's Mission

Which I update fairly frequently regardless of the fact that only very few people ever visit it

I've also written a very small book about aliens and God. It has been posted on my blog and also on this thread here on RF:

A Free Book! - "Past, Present, Future"

But I only got one resposne to it :(

So... how might I become like David Icke?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
It was meant to be a warning, not an inspiration.

Predict 6G will cause the return of dinosaurs?
I understand that :)

But I think it would be cool to be like him minus the insanity

Like a public figure who has stuff of interest to say

People believe him and listen to him, who wouldn't want that?

I think I could do it

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
David Icke is my role-model even though the majority of what he says is obviously insane :D

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I understand that :)

But I think it would be cool to be like him minus the insanity

Like a public figure who has stuff of interest to say

People believe him and listen to him, who wouldn't want that?

I think I could do it
Depends upon the people most likely to do so? Hardly a good thing if he incites the gullible and nasty to be his sycophantic followers - which might be aimed at Trumpy. :oops:

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Depends upon the people most likely to do so? Hardly a good thing if he incites the gullible and nasty to be his sycophantic followers - which might be aimed at Trumpy. :oops:
I'd hope to appeal to peoples' sense of reason rather than to any gullibility they may have

My target audience is intelligent folk with open minds, who at least are interested to hear what I say

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I'd hope to appeal to peoples' sense of reason rather than to any gullibility they may have

My target audience is intelligent folk with open minds, who at least are interested to hear what I say
Intelligent people with open minds (hopefully speaking as one) probably require a deal more evidence than one individual's experiences (who are we to know such?) or a multitude of others that cannot be confirmed (alien sightings for example), and where it is best to leave all such 'in the air' rather than accepting what one or others are prone to tell us. I think this might possibly be why religions spread so easily. :oops:

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Intelligent people with open minds (hopefully speaking as one) probably require a deal more evidence than one individual's experiences (who are we to know such?) or a multitude of others that cannot be confirmed (alien sightings for example), and where it is best to leave all such 'in the air' rather than accepting what one or others are prone to tell us. I think this might possibly be why religions spread so easily. :oops:
My aim is not to convince, only to inform

As long as what I have to say enters peoples heads my job is done

Even if they reject it they will still be more prepared for when it is disclosed that "we are not alone"

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Who in the world is "David Icke?"
He was an English pro footballer

He became a TV commentator

And in the early 90s declared himself "Messiah"

Since then he has written some pretty insane books

He believes the world is run by shape-shifting lizard folk from another dimension

He says the Moon is artificial

And that 5G causes Covid - amongst many other things

He is widely regarded as a crank

A Vestigial Mote

He was an English pro footballer

He became a TV commentator

And in the early 90s declared himself "Messiah"

Since then he has written some pretty insane books

He believes the world is run by shape-shifting lizard folk from another dimension

He says the Moon is artificial

And that 5G causes Covid - amongst many other things

He is widely regarded as a crank
And you want to emulate this man why? You want massive amounts of exposure or something? Who cares what all the other people of the world think of you? You think they have their ducks in a row? Please. We're all idiots.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
So, my question is:

How might I become more like David Icke?

Basically: How might I raise my profile?
IMO:

* Do some research which subject is HOT, as in people will swallow what you tell them, they love it, and follow you blind
* Should be something that can not be proven wrong of course ... like with God. But to get more followers, don't use the word God
* Keep things a bit vague, but mystery is okay. Should have some items in it, that people fear or find intriguing; not too fearful though
* You should be able to lift on his success formula a bit, no need to reinvent the wheel. Just a little change, and people will get hooked easily
* Definitely no Hell in your concept, there should be also some hope for your followers. The "We feeling" is important. Us versus them.

Good luck with it

Wish you a merry Christmas

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
And you want to emulate this man why? You want massive amounts of exposure or something? Who cares what all the other people of the world think of you? You think they have their ducks in a row? Please. We're all idiots.
He has a message and he has caught peoples attention with it

He thinks what he is doing is spreading is truth

Although I don't think it is

But he is successful at what he does

But being a successful author and public speaker is I think something to aspire to being

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
IMO:

* Do some research which subject is HOT, as in people will swallow what you tell them, they love it, and follow you blind
* Should be something that can not be proven wrong of course ... like with God. But to get more followers, don't use the word God
* Keep things a bit vague, but mystery is okay. Should have some items in it, that people fear or find intriguing; not too fearful though
* You should be able to lift on his success formula a bit, no need to reinvent the wheel. Just a little change, and people will get hooked easily
* Definitely no Hell in your concept, there should be also some hope for your followers. The "We feeling" is important. Us versus them.

Good luck with it

Wish you a merry Christmas
Thanks!

But that sounds really dishonest

I don't want to be a scoundrel