• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being an atheist does not mean I condemn people who practice religion

How do you view atheists, agnostics, & other non-believers?

• I am a non-believer myself

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • I feel like I may slowly become a non-believer myself

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I disagree with them, but to each their own

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • If you don't believe in God, you're going to Hell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
you have the wrong audience thats all.

Yes, this audience is wrong. That super-sexy wrong I love so much.

in real life you will find plenty average mainstream christians and muslims with very predictable beliefs you can use to accurately and effectively formulate your arguments with...

There are plenty of those here. They probably just don't feel like wasting their time playing the 'who-can-pretend-to-be-the-smartest' game with you. But you know I'll always be your huckleberry. :hug:

but here on religiousforums its the exact opposite. we have the fringe majority where most everyone has their own highly specific, highly customized beliefs you simply cant neatly place into a box as you could in real life..

Wait, what is this? You're a mother-flippin atheist, dude! Fringe belief, mainstream belief, it should all be equally garbage! You should be just as capable to defeat my wildly unique ideas about god as any Muslim or Christian you encounter. This is your beef? You can't categorize us very easily so its tough to argue with us? I think Mr. Timberlake said it best:

[youtube]DksSPZTZES0[/youtube]
Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River - YouTube

...heck, just the other day i talked to a christian who quite literally believes that god is simpler than dirt.....

And what did God turn out to be simpler than, if not dirt?

additionally this place is plagued by smarta$$es who will make it their mission to give you a hard time just for the heck of it, because thats how they get their little self gratification fix.

Actually, this place is frequented by Lord High Ultimate King Emperor God of Smart-assery, namely myself. I get my self-gratification by simply stating how amazingly awesome I am. Needling you with rhetorical destruction of your half-baked pseudo-logic is for everyone else's benefit. Of course, that ultimately translates into a boost of self-esteem... Guilty as charged! I'm a raging egomaniac! But at least I don't think a majority of humanity are idiots. Think about it.

just know that everyone here knows exactly what you are talking about and the points you are trying to get across. so its a pointless exercise because you have the wrong audience.

Its true. I know exactly what they are talking about and exactly what points they are trying to get across. This is EXACTLY why I respond the way I do.

I'm curious what the 'right' audience is. Like, is it just 'mainstream' Christians, Muslims and Jews that you are interested in brow-beating? That would seem odd to me since in YOUR thread you specifically barred the use of Holy text which would be the chief source of any answers from that 'right audience'.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
It wouldn't really work with me. I don't usually discuss religion outside of this forum. I was taught as a child not to discuss politics or religion as they almost always lead to an argument. The times I did discuss religion, the best discussions were with other than Christian religions- like Hinduism. I don't even discuss my faith with other Christians- some of them can be pretty harsh when you have a different idea about what scriptures mean, although most are pretty opened-minded when they want to be.

hornsby

Yes, this audience is wrong. That super-sexy wrong I love so much.

There are plenty of those here. They probably just don't feel like wasting their time playing the 'who-can-pretend-to-be-the-smartest' game with you. But you know I'll always be your huckleberry. :hug:

Wait, what is this? You're a mother-flippin atheist, dude! Fringe belief, mainstream belief, it should all be equally garbage! You should be just as capable to defeat my wildly unique ideas about god as any Muslim or Christian you encounter. This is your beef? You can't categorize us very easily so its tough to argue with us? I think Mr. Timberlake said it best:

[youtube]DksSPZTZES0[/youtube]
Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River - YouTube

And what did God turn out to be simpler than, if not dirt?

Actually, this place is frequented by Lord High Ultimate King Emperor God of Smart-assery, namely myself. I get my self-gratification by simply stating how amazingly awesome I am. Needling you with rhetorical destruction of your half-baked pseudo-logic is for everyone else's benefit. Of course, that ultimately translates into a boost of self-esteem... Guilty as charged! I'm a raging egomaniac! But at least I don't think a majority of humanity are idiots. Think about it.

Its true. I know exactly what they are talking about and exactly what points they are trying to get across. This is EXACTLY why I respond the way I do.

I'm curious what the 'right' audience is. Like, is it just 'mainstream' Christians, Muslims and Jews that you are interested in brow-beating? That would seem odd to me since in YOUR thread you specifically barred the use of Holy text which would be the chief source of any answers from that 'right audience'.

case in point. text book definition of "making sweet love to one's ego

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
case in point. text book definition of "making sweet love to one's ego

Well, if you had my ego you'd be rubbin' naughty bits with it, too. It's the best one there is, after all.

Why you keep trying to put shame on me for something I am doing intentionally and openly is beyond my ability to understand.

hornsby

Well, if you had my ego you'd be rubbin' naughty bits with it, too. It's the best one there is, after all.

Why you keep trying to put shame on me for something I am doing intentionally and openly is beyond my ability to understand.

and yet i am clearly successful in putting the shame on you because your ego keeps dragging you back for "damage control" time and again, which you cleverly mask with humor.

remember, it takes a greater man to swallow one's pride and walk away(as i did in the other thread with you) clearly you are incapable of such a thing. and i bet you are not about to prove me wrong by not responding to this post with clever humor either. you just have to have the last word. it would just hurt your ego too much if you didnt....OUCH!!:facepalm:

hornsby

of course, if you do not respond with another clever face saving remark, i will have successfully manipulated you into proving me wrong, which ironically is an even greater attempt at damage control......... so you see, its a win win situation for me, youre my huckleberry *edit* either way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
and yet i am clearly successful in putting the shame on you because your ego keeps dragging you back for "damage control" time and again, which you cleverly mask with humor.

So, you shame me for stroking my ego, which is psychologically forcing me to stroke my ego even more in order to assuage the guilt of stroking my ego? Its like some sick psychological game where I am just constantly propping myself up over and over and over and over and over and over and over again? Something like that? Thanks Freud, I'll take that to the bank.

remember, it takes a greater man to swallow one's pride and walk away(as i did in the other thread with you) clearly you are incapable of such a thing.

No, the greater man is the one determined by any given individual's subjective interpretation of what 'greater man' entails. You think 'greater man' means 'one who walks away', where as I don't care what you think about it.

See how that works? I encourage you to stick around more often and try to debate. But 'walking away' works for me too. Keep doing that if you like. Your time. Your choice how to use it. Greater or otherwise.

and i bet you are not about to prove me wrong by not responding to this post with clever humor either. you just have to have the last word. it would just hurt your ego too much if you didnt....OUCH!!:facepalm:

LOL! Of course I'm going to respond with clever humor! Of course I have to have the last word! Integrity demands it! Ego demands it! I demand it! I am this egomaniac you see. I like to be it. It's intentional. You might even say calculated! Oh wow and look at that! My ego ISN'T hurt! Worked like a charm.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
of course, if you do not respond with another clever face saving remark, i will have successfully manipulated you into proving me wrong, which ironically is an even greater attempt at damage control......... so you see, its a win win situation for me, youre my huckleberry biiiiaachh either way.

And that took you an extra post to post... because you didn't think of it at first? Did you not even realize you were trying to set me a trap when you were setting it? What kind of troll are you?

John Martin

I look atheism, secularism and agnosticism as something that belong to the evolutionary process of human consciousness. Truth or God has two aspects:eternal and historical. the God of religions belong to the God of history, who demands the obedience of the will and intellect. The God of eternity gives freedom to the human being. Human beings desire freedom to think, to act and to will. The God of religions does not give this freedom because he has already decided what human beings should do and should not do.
Atheism is a kind of rebellion to this type of God. Atheism is a deep longing of the human heart to be free from the God of history and discover the God of eternity. The God of eternity by revealing who human being are in their deepest level gives freedom to human beings. So Atheism is the deep longing of the human heart to be free from the God of history(religions) and experience the God of eternity. The God the atheists reject is the God of history and not the God of eternity. since religions limit god to the God of history atheism is a rebellion against it. When Moses asked God his name first God said' I am who I am'. but it was difficult for Moses to understand, so God says I am the God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob, then Moses recognized God as the God of his ancestors. I am who I am is the God of eternity. I am the God of Abraham is the God of history. We need to grow from the God of history to the God of eternity. Atheism is the door through which we make this transition. Hence atheism belongs to the evolutionary process of human consciousness. It is not the end but only a stage in the evolution. It will come to an end.
John Martin

F0uad

I am an atheist. I do not believe in the God described in the Bible, the Torah, or the Quran. In my opinion all religions are manmade to control and frighten people, or for other intentions which were not always meant to be bad. I am truly convinced that with more education and a full understanding of the history and the context of religion more people will become atheists. I find the concept of no-faith as liberating and beautiful. However, this does not mean that I dislike people who consider themselves Muslim, Christian, or Jewish. I do not think any time a terrorist attack takes place by one person who considers himself to be Muslim, that Islam is the only reason for the tragedy. I do not think that it is always religion that is the cause of terrorism, although there is a definite link, because there is no better way to brainwash someone than to tell him/her that their actions will appease a supreme being.
You know that Secularism(atheism) has al these things including Government supported terrorism?

Its not religion, political ideology's or land that makes war its people.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Now selling hip waders.

6a00d83451c49a69e201774366ba7f970d-800wi

When you all want me to turn on the hose when you're done...let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.