• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beginning of Freewill

Repox

Truth Seeker
Freewill began when the two Gods created the first angel. They tossed the angel out into the void of heaven. The angel had two choices, it could wonder around heaven seeking whatever adventure or experience it desired, or it could go to the two Gods in a sphere where it would be obsessed with the God’s beauty, glory and holiness. It would be God’s eternal party. As for Satan, he chose to become a God. Satan deceived the other angels into believing he was like God. Satan formed a holy worship circle around him with the other angels. However, instead of loving the other angels like the two Gods, Satan chose to attack and hurt them. The other angels complained to the two Gods. Subsequently, the Gods created the universe as a prison and tossed Satan inside.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Freewill began when the two Gods created the first angel. They tossed the angel out into the void of heaven. The angel had two choices, it could wonder around heaven seeking whatever adventure or experience it desired, or it could go to the two Gods in a sphere where it would be obsessed with the God’s beauty, glory and holiness. It would be God’s eternal party. As for Satan, he chose to become a God. Satan deceived the other angels into believing he was like God. Satan formed a holy worship circle around him with the other angels. However, instead of loving the other angels like the two Gods, Satan chose to attack and hurt them. The other angels complained to the two Gods. Subsequently, the Gods created the universe as a prison and tossed Satan inside.

With this creative line of questionable fairy tales you make the authors of of the IIliad and the Odessy jealous.

Repox

Truth Seeker
Who said? :shrug:
You got a good point. I was thinking about freewill, it occurred to me the best way to discuss it is to bring up the beginning of everything.

I have posted my dreams about God and heaven on this forum. Here are dreams directly related to this thread. Incidentally, it will be a waste of time to discuss their validity. I believe they are real. Based on my experiences, I doubt if any one will believe it. Religious beliefs and traditions are too strong. Regardless, I post what I know.

In one dream, God had just created an angel. It had the appearance of a brilliant cotton ball. God tossed the angel into heaven. The meaning was clear, the angel was free to roam heaven and do whatever it wanted. After a short while, the angel returned to be close to God. I believe this is important. God gave angels freewill, they could be with him for eternity, or they could go out on their own. Evidently, Satan decided to be independent.

I had another dream about Satan in the middle of a circle of angels. All the angels, including Satan, had fuzzy white bodies. Satan was biting their fluffy feet. One of the angels went to God and said, "He is hurting us!"

In my dream about the universe, Satan was in the form of a parrot's beak; he was attacking other angels. As the beak moved around heaven, it turned toward me. As it came near, God captured it with His two hands. Inside the hands, there was a lot of commotion as Satan tried to escape. Then, God opened His hands. On the inside of both hands were jagged pieces of black metal. I think they represented ugly scares on the boundary of the universe from Satan's desperate attempts to escape.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
You got a good point. I was thinking about freewill, it occurred to me the best way to discuss it is to bring up the beginning of everything.

I rely on the Bible to tell me about the beginning of everything....that way everyone gets the same information, rather than the odd person posting on an internet forum that only a few hundred may read......if they read half of what is posted.

God doesn't communicate with individuals any more....he doesn't have to. He has a complete book now that is the most widely read and circulated book in history.

I have posted my dreams about God and heaven on this forum. Here are dreams directly related to this thread. Incidentally, it will be a waste of time to discuss their validity. I believe they are real. Based on my experiences, I doubt if any one will believe it. Religious beliefs and traditions are too strong. Regardless, I post what I know.

Perhaps it would be more correct to say that you post what you "believe". What authority do you have that the dreams are not just a product of your imagination? Mental Health facilities the world over are full of people who believe things that are not true.....how do you know that you are not just reading too much into what the dream was about?

In one dream, God had just created an angel. It had the appearance of a brilliant cotton ball. God tossed the angel into heaven. The meaning was clear, the angel was free to roam heaven and do whatever it wanted. After a short while, the angel returned to be close to God. I believe this is important. God gave angels freewill, they could be with him for eternity, or they could go out on their own. Evidently, Satan decided to be independent.

The Bible supports half of that story. Angels do indeed have free will and satan most decidedly chose independence from his Creator. But not content with his own rebellion, when there was no one in heaven over whom he could exercise his power, he hijacked the human race, just so that he would have lower creatures to make him a god. He wanted worship. (Luke 4:5-8)

I had another dream about Satan in the middle of a circle of angels. All the angels, including Satan, had fuzzy white bodies. Satan was biting their fluffy feet. One of the angels went to God and said, "He is hurting us!"

In my dream about the universe, Satan was in the form of a parrot's beak; he was attacking other angels. As the beak moved around heaven, it turned toward me. As it came near, God captured it with His two hands. Inside the hands, there was a lot of commotion as Satan tried to escape. Then, God opened His hands. On the inside of both hands were jagged pieces of black metal. I think they represented ugly scares on the boundary of the universe from Satan's desperate attempts to escape.

God could stop satan any time he wanted, but that would only prove that God is more powerful....satan did not challenge God's power...he challenged his right to rule his human creation and to set reasonable limits on their freedom.

Can I ask why you put such great store in the meaning of your dreams? I have had some 'doosies' myself but I do not see them as inspired or prophetic.....rather that my brain was just getting rid of accumulated junk.

OTOH, dreams can have demonic inspiration because the devil often preys on weak, unstable or indecisive minds. :(

Repox

Truth Seeker
I rely on the Bible to tell me about the beginning of everything....that way everyone gets the same information, rather than the odd person posting on an internet forum that only a few hundred may read......if they read half of what is posted.

God doesn't communicate with individuals any more....he doesn't have to. He has a complete book now that is the most widely read and circulated book in history.

Perhaps it would be more correct to say that you post what you "believe". What authority do you have that the dreams are not just a product of your imagination? Mental Health facilities the world over are full of people who believe things that are not true.....how do you know that you are not just reading too much into what the dream was about?

The Bible supports half of that story. Angels do indeed have free will and satan most decidedly chose independence from his Creator. But not content with his own rebellion, when there was no one in heaven over whom he could exercise his power, he hijacked the human race, just so that he would have lower creatures to make him a god. He wanted worship. (Luke 4:5-8)

God could stop satan any time he wanted, but that would only prove that God is more powerful....satan did not challenge God's power...he challenged his right to rule his human creation and to set reasonable limits on their freedom.

Can I ask why you put such great store in the meaning of your dreams? I have had some 'doosies' myself but I do not see them as inspired or prophetic.....rather that my brain was just getting rid of accumulated junk.

OTOH, dreams can have demonic inspiration because the devil often preys on weak, unstable or indecisive minds. :(
As I mentioned, I believe my dreams, and I expect critics to call me crazy, etc. It is interesting, no one but me has had dreams, so everyone relies on what Bible prophets, who also had dreams and visions, have written. I agree with much of what you say about Satan, but Satan is also busy trying to escape the universe to return to heaven to again attack God and the angels. Oh, I had a dream about the Old Testament, a voice said, "it happened, but not that way." I am not surprised about your comments, but I am not insane. Oh, God has stopped Satan from disrupting heaven, He has imprisoned Satan in the universe. It is interesting, no one has really given a lot of thought about the reason for the universe other than to propose scientific theories. If you study the universe with respect to certain features, you will conclude it is a well built prison. Satan is not that concerned about humans, other than to promote devastation and destruction. Satan was created to be immortal, humans are mortal beings with short life spans.

Knowing the Bible is not perfect, how can you be sure of every single word? Well, you can't be sure, so it requires inspiration, etc. Thus, we have 38,000 religions, each one knowing the absolute word of God. Maybe, we need another holy war to determine which religion, which interpretation, which spiritual leader is right. What most clerics fail to understand is God's attitude about humans. God doesn't really love and cherish humans. God was unhappy when humans became the dominant species on earth. The big problem for humans is they don't obey God's commandments. I know about the Genesis story about humans, I don't believe it is true. It is what humans want to think about themselves. Most revealing of God's attitude about humans is a dream I had about garbage and dinosaur bones.

In this dream, I was shoveling garbage in a deep, filthy pit. As I shoveled, I looked around and could see dinosaur bones underground throughout the world. A voice said, "Humans have defiled my sacred grave." My interpretation is God is not pleased with humans polluting and disturbing earth. Apparently, God wanted nature to remain unmolested after the fall of paradise, which was during the dinosaur era. That is, of course, contrary to Christian ideology about God creating the world for humans, and creating other species for human pleasure.

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I once had a dream that a hamburger ate me.

The scary thing is, I woke up with ketchup all over my body.

Last edited: