• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I had that beer a long time ago. I remember that I liked it, but my beer palette was not so refined back then. It might taste bad now.

It's certainly a very sweet stout; too thick for me, almost cloying. It's kind of at the other end of the spectrum to the sorts of beers I like these days.

Sees

Dragonslayer
New Belgium's Rampant is one of my new favorites...better than many a more expensive beer I have tried, and I drink almost exclusively craft and imported. Can't tell it's 8.5 ABV until you've finished a good bit of the bottle. :drunk:

Never tried the brand till this morning but will definitely have to try more in their lineup.

averageJOE

zombie
One more week to go before my Pumpkin Ale is ready to drink. I have a nagging feeling I used way too much cinnamon, but hopefully not.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I make my own beer occasional but its a time consuming process that I don't usually have patience for. However a buddy of mine has retired this yeah has really gotten into it. (he sells it sometimes for a mild profit but don't tell the government). He made a ton of brew for New Years and yesterday I get a call from him saying that he had about four kegs left over and wanted to know if I could take one off his hands.

So long story short I have a keg of home made brew by a good home brewer waiting at home. I still want to let it age a few more days before I drink it up though. Perhaps by this sunday...

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I make my own beer occasional but its a time consuming process that I don't usually have patience for. However a buddy of mine has retired this yeah has really gotten into it. (he sells it sometimes for a mild profit but don't tell the government). He made a ton of brew for New Years and yesterday I get a call from him saying that he had about four kegs left over and wanted to know if I could take one off his hands.

So long story short I have a keg of home made brew by a good home brewer waiting at home. I still want to let it age a few more days before I drink it up though. Perhaps by this sunday...
A friend of mine just regifted me a little brew kit for christmas that they weren't going to use. I'm looking forward starting it. Its got the ingredient proportions for a pale ale.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
A friend of mine just regifted me a little brew kit for christmas that they weren't going to use. I'm looking forward starting it. Its got the ingredient proportions for a pale ale.

Yeah. Its simple enough. It just takes time. Depending on the malt that you used it has to ferment for a few days or nearly two weeks. Then you go on to the next few steps in a single day and then its recommended that you wait 2 days to a week to let it age so it darkens and gets stronger.

So if you started tomorrow it would probably be at least a week before you could drink it. But its a good little hobby to have and on average you can make a six-pack's worth for about five dollars. And when you get good its high quality and tastes better than just about anything you get in store.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Yeah. Its simple enough. It just takes time. Depending on the malt that you used it has to ferment for a few days or nearly two weeks. Then you go on to the next few steps in a single day and then its recommended that you wait 2 days to a week to let it age so it darkens and gets stronger.

So if you started tomorrow it would probably be at least a week before you could drink it. But its a good little hobby to have and on average you can make a six-pack's worth for about five dollars. And when you get good its high quality and tastes better than just about anything you get in store.
Yeah, I skimmed the instructions and I think it said it takes two weeks for fermentation and two more in the bottles for carbonation

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Yep. Carbonation takes a while but I don't like to over-carbonate my beer. But flat beer isn't good.
I need to get some bottles. Don't really feel like getting a capper, so I think I'm gonna get the old style bottles with the metal thing that secures the top, like Chimay bottles. I got a gallon demijohn which I think is 12, 12oz bottles.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I need to get some bottles. Don't really feel like getting a capper, so I think I'm gonna get the old style bottles with the metal thing that secures the top, like Chimay bottles. I got a gallon demijohn which I think is 12, 12oz bottles.
Nice. I don't have a capper either. You can get one for 10-20 bucks.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I can't wait until I can go to Germany to drink some real German beer. And I also have to go to Ireland to have some real Irish beer. What I usually drink if Heineken, Guinness, or a few of the Samuel Adams. I'd prefer a good, strong taste, but not too strong like Arrogant *******.