• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Becoming Wicca

thewanderer

Ancilla Deae et Dei
I was originally drawn to wicca by mentions of it in a book. I started researching it, and the more i learned,to more i felt at home. I'm being raised Catholic (my mom's trying her best), but there are just some things (well, a lot actually) in the Bible that i just don't agree with, especially in the Old Testament. I may not accept every Wiccan text, but i like the Wicca offers you freedom in your belief and in your methods. I have become so much more at peace with myself and others since i have studied and practiced Wicca

SquareC

I was raised Episcopalian, baptised and confirmed. At 14, there were events which caused me to seriously question Christianity and I started looking around in confusion. Two years later I met a Wiccan and she invited me to visit her coven. So much fit, it was incredible to me. 20 years later and while my beliefs have grown and changed, the core is still the same.

BTW, yes, the majority of Wiccans worship the Goddess and God. Whether as the Lady and Lord only, as I do, or under the names of past pantheons varies. Most regard the different Goddesses and Gods as other, more specific faces of the Divine, for when prayer or spellcasting calls for a specific influence (Diana for wisdom, Aphrodite for love, to use Greek examples). Generally, Wiccans are more Dualistic than Polytheistic in essence at least, but it can be confusing to someone looking at the many names of the Divine used to see it that way.

rhiannon

Hmm, although I'm not wiccan and don't know much about it I think that people need to believe in some greater power in the world with which they could bond in order to find their place in universe. And for me celtic (and therefore druidic and wiccan) beliefs are closest to my idea of religion. Therefore, even though I was brought up in a catholic family this religion was never part of my life. So here I am believing in something I don't understand yet but knowing that it was known and celebrated long time ago and still isn't forgotten. :D

Greeneyedwonder

i was raised LDS but never felt comfortable with it, then i looked into the catholic religion, and baptist as well. Still nothing ever fit, so i had a manager who was from ireland and was wiccan and part of a coven she was a deeply spirtual person and i loved talking to her about life and about purpose. She never recruited me i encouraged her to give me information to read, as i started researching and reading i began to see that this religion was perfect for me. I feel comfortable and i truly love and embrace the beliefs and i feel that ever since making the decision to switch my life makes more sense and has more meaning.

I was a catholic when i was younger and when my father died i felt that i needed somthing more. So when my friend started showing me books I was hooked. i felt drawn to the religion and I have loved it all this time. I feel better about myself now then when i was catholic. The community is more loving then i could ask for.

i was i4 when wicca found me and and since then i loved everything to do with wicca and it has felt right i also discovered i was a witch in my past life so i know its right

FredNotBob

I became Wiccan after I embraced pacifism. I've always had a problem with sticking to my convictions, and I worried that, unless I had some motivating factor to 'ground' me in what I believe, I would just leave it behind in a few months.

I have just started thinking about Wicca today.
I'm raised Catholic and I'm 14. . .
The Christian religion is full of racism and sexism. I don't want to be a part of it:run:
I've always been curious about the Wiccan religion. . .
All I know is that Wicca has nothing to do with Satanism, not all Wiccans practice witchcraft and wiccans worship many gods and goddesses. . .
I just found out today that my friend is a Wiccan Buddhist. Well I always knew she was Buddhist.
Anyway, I'm here to learn about Wicca now.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I have just started thinking about Wicca today.
I'm raised Catholic and I'm 14. . .
The Christian religion is full of racism and sexism. I don't want to be a part of it:run:
I've always been curious about the Wiccan religion. . .
All I know is that Wicca has nothing to do with Satanism, not all Wiccans practice witchcraft and wiccans worship many gods and goddesses. . .
I just found out today that my friend is a Wiccan Buddhist. Well I always knew she was Buddhist.
Anyway, I'm here to learn about Wicca now.

Well, considering I think I may be the last vestige of a Wiccan on here (not entirely sure but pretty sure everyone else is gone except Enigmata who's a bit on the agnostic/atheist side now) I suppose I'll offer myself up as a resource if you so like. If you have a question about something which needs a little explanation for you then go ahead and contact me. I'll do the best I can to help.

Stellify

StarChild
Well, considering I think I may be the last vestige of a Wiccan on here (not entirely sure but pretty sure everyone else is gone except Enigmata who's a bit on the agnostic/atheist side now) I suppose I'll offer myself up as a resource if you so like. If you have a question about something which needs a little explanation for you then go ahead and contact me. I'll do the best I can to help.
Although I don't necessarily consider myself Wiccan, per se, I at least have an idea of what I'm talking about :p And my studies of Wicca are what lead me to a more solid understanding of how I feel about the world and powers that be, and have been a huge influence in my life.
So....You're not completely alone! :D

MidnightSun:
Interestingly enough, I was around fourteen when I started learning about Wicca. It's a beautiful thing, IMO, and definitely worth trying to become more knowledgeable on the subject, even if you don't find it's the right path for you. :)

I will. Thank you so much.

Lehnah

Master of the Mystic Arts
I found Wicca after a number of years searching for something that felt right for me. It was the first time I sat down to read about a religion and everything I read made sense and I became excited. It spoke to me most which is my I'm sticking with it.

Wolfscout1

Spiritual Warrior.
I spent several years calling myself "Solitary Wicca". But i could not leave alone my searching other paths for more universal truths. so gradually my solitary eclecticism ... became primary ... and the story continues. However, I've never lost the basics of what I learned though Wicca and that to me is the most important thing.