• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beautiful Snowy Owl Takes Southern California Vacation

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Owls are amazing and awesome. Thanks for sharing!!

Got swooped by one at night once (was putting out the bins and I guess it responded to movement before realising I wasn't a possum or mouse. It just gracefully curved it's flight and arced back to the big gum it had launched from, but...
1) With wings spread and approaching, it looked much bigger than I'd normally suspect.
2) It was silent. Like...completely ninja silent.

It was one of these bad boys...
Powerful owl - Wikipedia

I momentarily reflected on how many mice have been in the position I was in.
*shudders*

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This gorgeous creature decided to see what all the hype was about in LA, apparently.

Rare sighting of snowy owl draws thousands to California suburb

But seriously, such a beautiful animal. :hearteyes:

Got swooped by one at night once (was putting out the bins and I guess it responded to movement before realising I wasn't a possum or mouse. It just gracefully curved it's flight and arced back to the big gum it had launched from, but...
1) With wings spread and approaching, it looked much bigger than I'd normally suspect.

Powerful owl - Wikipedia

*shudders*

Beautiful animal, thanks for sharing it.

There is one (sometimes two) who live close to me. I hear it (or them) in the morning a mournful hoo-hoo-oooo (or some sort of conversation going on). I never see them though... By the sound i guess they are tawny owls.

One time i was driving along a country road at night. An eagle owl flew towards me in the headlights. I was moving fairly quickly, breaking hard. Closer and closer until at the last moment it swooped up over the windscreen. A serious and scary amount of bird .

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

Powerful owl - Wikipedia

*shudders*

:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

That is the stuff of nightmares Lewis! Hope you can continue enjoying them from a safe distance.