• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beard Care

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
So... Men. And even you bearded ladies. What do you do to take care of your beard? Do you have a beard care regimen? Specific products that you enjoy, or found work better than others?

I currently try to wash my beard with a conditioner, once a day, and use beard oil 1-3 times a day, including regular combing to keep out tangles and knots. It still appears that I have issues with one side of my beard growing in fast and thicker than the other side I think.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So... Men. And even you bearded ladies. What do you do to take care of your beard? Do you have a beard care regimen? Specific products that you enjoy, or found work better than others?

I currently try to wash my beard with a conditioner, once a day, and use beard oil 1-3 times a day, including regular combing to keep out tangles and knots. It still appears that I have issues with one side of my beard growing in fast and thicker than the other side I think.
I do use beard oil but not often enough, Washing my beard daily. At the moment my beard is in a growing state so it look a bit wild so to speak :)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I did a brute force approach - I bought 5 electric razors realizing they wear out eventually, and different ones are good for different angles and stuff.

Over Covid times I've grown a big beard for maybe the first time ever. I might hate myself, not sure. I think the beard looks kind of coolish though maybe. I don't do anything with it really, except that I shampoo it with the same baby shampoo I use on my head, some johnson and johnson cotton soft shampoo for babies or something.

Oh yeah, I also grab it and comb it with a thin little comb thing, and I go from the front and from the underside or back, and hold it for the knotted parts which can be a little painful, I guess I comb my hair to get out loose or fallen hairs and knots as well before the shower usually.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I misread the thread title as "Bread Care." I was thinking there might be an instructional video on how to use a breadbox.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I use a beard wash 2-3 times a week (don't want to dry it out), brush and comb it every day and use a cream.

I use Shea Moisture's beard wash and their bear's detangler. I use Cremo's mint beard cream. I try different products at times, though.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

I use mostly Live Bearded products... beard wash aka shampoo, beard oil, beard butter. Regular shampoo isn’t recommended for beards. I wash it every 2-3 days, usually use the oil or the butter every day, usually both. Oil is for the skin, butter for the beard but the butter gets down to the skin anyway. Their beard butter is more like balm for styling. I also trim it myself.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

No beard but shave every few days ;-)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I had a full beard for 30 years, and never heard of beard wash or beard oil (why would you want to add oil to your beard after washing it out)?
I just washed it with soap like the rest of my face, when I showered, and trimmed it as needed.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I had a full beard for 30 years, and never heard of beard wash or beard oil (why would you want to add oil to your beard after washing it out)?
I just washed it with soap like the rest of my face, when I showered, and trimmed it as needed.

For the same reasons people use Shampoo, and then conditioner formulated for their head hair. Washing it strips out all the oils drying out skin and hair, the oils soften everything back up and keeps it growing smooth and healthy, while also reducing split ends and breakage.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That's a separate beard haha. ;)

And I could never shave my legs. Did it once. Hated it, itchy, miserable.

It's only itchy when it starts growing, you need to shave more regularly if it itches.

A lot of men around here shave their legs. There are only two recognised sports, rugby (no shaved legs) and the national sport of cycling where shaved legs give the edge in reduced wind resistance.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

I wash it with soap daily, and I take #1 clippers to it weekly. :p

Back when I had some length to my goatee, I used Every Man Jack beard balm with tea tree oil daily. But with wearing a mask, I find having any significant length uncomfortable, and my mask would always ride off to one side, which I found particularly annoying.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's only itchy when it starts growing, you need to shave more regularly if it itches.

A lot of men around here shave their legs. There are only two recognised sports, rugby (no shaved legs) and the national sport of cycling where shaved legs give the edge in reduced wind resistance.

I did it to combat the fact that I was wearing "shirt stays", which were pulling the hair out of the sides of my calves and thighs, causing a bald patch. But yeah, more often would have helped.

Attachments

• sharp-dapper-shirt-stays-20161995_1200x.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 0

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I wash it with soap daily, and I take #1 clippers to it weekly. :p

Back when I had some length to my goatee, I used Every Man Jack beard balm with tea tree oil daily. But with wearing a mask, I find having any significant length uncomfortable, and my mask would always ride off to one side, which I found particularly annoying.

I haven't had any beard issues with masks. And I am thinking that the beard acts as an additional filter to help keep out germs.

A Vestigial Mote

I have extremely coarse, thick hair that develops as my beard, so I literally have never experienced knots or tangles. It just doesn't happen. One swift comb through simply insures there is less overlap and hairs jutting out any which way. I've tried beard balms and oils... but my hair just seems to consume it without much effect. Perhaps a slight softening, but it is definitely barely noticeable. So I tend to do nothing but clean it when I shower (shampoo/soap) and trim it every so often.