• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Battlefield Earth

Ellen Brown

It's a John Travolta movie made in 2000, and I liked it, thought it was fun. Of course I know the history of the author and that the whole series of books was supposed to be a joke. No seriously. I had hoped that they would make more, but people took it seriously ... ???

The mystics that presided over my birth said that the Sci Fi Fantasy Gene is strong in this one ...

Axe Elf

Prophet
As I recall, that movie almost ended John Travolta's career for the second time.

But hey, one likes what one likes...

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's a John Travolta movie made in 2000, and I liked it, thought it was fun. Of course I know the history of the author and that the whole series of books was supposed to be a joke. No seriously. I had hoped that they would make more, but people took it seriously ... ???

The mystics that presided over my birth said that the Sci Fi Fantasy Gene is strong in this one ...
While I abhor Scientology, Hubbard did write some pretty mediocre to fair science fiction stories for which I kind of wish he had just stuck with that instead of being a felonious creep.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

While you were learning to spell your name. I was being trained to conquer galaxies!

Hahaha the best John Travolta performance ever. It's like he decided to be a Shakespearean thespian on steroids.