• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bankrun-Fraud Was a Republican Donor It Seems

We Never Know

No Slack
This is somewhat amusing, in view of the recent crowing from the US Right about this guy being a big donor to the Democrat party.: FTX billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried funneled dark money to Republicans

From the link...

"The fall of crypto billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried has been painted as a big blow to the Democratic party, whose candidates were major beneficiaries of his largesse. But in a new interview, Bankman-Fried has claimed he gave equally large amounts of money to Republicans.

“I donated to both parties. I donated about the same amount to both parties,” Bankman-Fried told the crypto commentator and citizen journalist Tiffany Fong.

All my Republican donations were dark,” he said, referring to political donations that are not publicly disclosed. “The reason was not for regulatory reasons, it’s because reporters freak the **** out if you donate to Republicans. They’re all super liberal, and I didn’t want to have that fight.”

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Politicians and the media need to focus more on the systems of democracy, supporting and improving them. And less on tit-for-tat finger pointing.

It's oh so tiring and self-serving.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Politicians and the media need to focus more on the systems of democracy, supporting and improving them. And less on tit-for-tat finger pointing.

It's oh so tiring and self-serving.
Yea. It's not about represented policymaking to make people's lives better anymore, it's now how they can always get more votes and money to be used on themselves.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

exchemist

Veteran Member
So, he was afraid of the media finding out he was playing both sides.
Fear that the media would turn against him if they found out he was also bribing republicans.
Then the media was ok with his bribing democrats?
Depends which media he is thinking of. I presume Fox and the rest of the Murdoch empire wouldn't have a problem with that.

To me it looks like naked opportunism on his part i.e. backing both sides to maximise his lobbying influence on Capitol Hill , and that he wanted to keep donation to the GOP secret for fear, not of the media, but of what his Silicon Valley peers would think.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Depends which media he is thinking of. I presume Fox and the rest of the Murdoch empire wouldn't have a problem with that.

To me it looks like naked opportunism on his part i.e. backing both sides to maximise his lobbying influence on Capitol Hill , and that he wanted to keep donation to the GOP secret for fear, not of the media, but of what his Silicon Valley peers would think.

Well, he did say it was specifically the media he was worried about in the link you provided.
I can't think of any reason he's be concerned about his peers.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Well, he did say it was specifically the media he was worried about in the link you provided.
I can't think of any reason he's be concerned about his peers.
What he says is one thing. His real reasons may have been different. With the media, as I say, a lot may be pro-democrat but there is huge chunk of pro Republican media out there too, a lot of it very influential.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What he says is one thing. His real reasons may have been different. With the media, as I say, a lot may be pro-democrat but there is huge chunk of pro Republican media out there too, a lot of it very influential.

Ok, sure. Provide a link then tell us not to believe what it says. :shrug:

exchemist

Veteran Member
Ok, sure. Provide a link then tell us not to believe what it says. :shrug:
The point of the link was that he donated to the Republicans as well as to the Democrats. This is not in dispute.

So the glee with which some on the Right have reacted to this fraudster being a Democrat donor now makes them look foolish.

You seem to be interested in his motives for keeping those donations secret, and I am questioning the truth of the reasons he has given, but all this is a secondary issue.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The point of the link was that he donated to the Republicans as well as to the Democrats. This is not in dispute.

So the glee with which some on the Right have reacted to this fraudster being a Democrat donor now makes them look foolish.

You seem to be interested in his motives for keeping those donations secret, and I am questioning the truth of the reasons he has given, but all this is a secondary issue.

Ok, but in the end it seems not complimentary for either party.