• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bands like Soundgarden

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
I honestly think Soundgarden is one of those "one of a kind" bands that just can never be truly imitated. They are pure awesomness!!!

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I honestly think Soundgarden is one of those "one of a kind" bands that just can never be truly imitated. They are pure awesomness!!!

Seems to be the case. Oh well, I guess it's back to listening to Superunknown and Spoonman over and over again :D

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I think the first two* Mahavishnu albums are the best. McLaughlin brought his interest in Indian music to the table. Not making them "sound" like Soundgarden of course; and there was a jazzy element there too.

*Inner Mounting Flame and Birds of Fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I think the first two* Mahavishnu albums are the best. McLaughlin brought his interest in Indian music to the table. Not making them "sound" like Soundgarden of course; and there was a jazzy element there too.

*Inner Mounting Flame and Birds of Fire.

I'll look at those albums, then.