• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Band Names

Circle_One

My friend's band, formerly known as the Deaf Kids, are looking for a new band name. They're a kind of power pop/pop band. Any of you have any ideas? It's much appreciated.

Circle_One

beckysoup61 said:
Plastic Watermelons, Plastic Sleaze, Plastic Dread,

(I'm on a plastic fetish. :eek:)

Hahaha!

I already gave him Pure Sleaze, but he said he didn't like it! :eek: Then I gave him another name and his guitarist said "Wow, that's so punk!" So I was like "Oh, SORRY. How about I Slit My Wrists On A Tuesday" Hahahah! But the idiots didn't get the joke.

I then gave him Sunday Morning Suicide (as another joke on him being too Emo) (but then I realized that it's actually a really good band name, haha) and him and his bandmates actually really liked it. So I think they may be planning on that, but I still need more names, just in case.

Plastic Sleaze rocks though!

robtex

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:
My friend's band, formerly known as the Deaf Kids, are looking for a new band name. They're a kind of power pop/pop band. Any of you have any ideas? It's much appreciated.

We need more background. What city are they from what are their influences, give us a quick personality sketch of each of them....The question is in a vaccuum as proposed but the answer best suited will be contextual in nature. (ducks before c1 swats me).

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:
I already gave him Pure Sleaze, but he said he didn't like it! :eek:
Psssssssh. Obviously he has horrible taste in names. It's funny you mention your band name from that Build A Band thread....I was going to offer my band name of Vox Crash. :D Vox means voice in Latin.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
beckysoup61 said:
Plastic Watermelons, Plastic Sleaze, Plastic Dread,

(I'm on a plastic fetish. :eek:)
I'm surprised you didn't suggest Watermelon Pants or Plastic Fruit Pants or something similar! :p

Circle_One

robtex said:
We need more background. What city are they from what are their influences, give us a quick personality sketch of each of them....The question is in a vaccuum as proposed but the answer best suited will be contextual in nature. (ducks before c1 swats me).

*swings at Rob* :p

Ok, they're from Montreal. They're all really ridiculous guys. Just as... insane, stupid and deranged as me, except they're all straight edge (no drugs, booze, promiscuous sex, etc) and one of them is a cop, hahaha. That's all the background I can think of at this state in my drinking-ness... haha

Circle_One

Buttercup said:
Psssssssh. Obviously he has horrible taste in names. It's funny you mention your band name from that Build A Band thread....I was going to offer my band name of Vox Crash. :D Vox means voice in Latin.

I know eh! Pure Sleaze is such a great band name!! It's been "my" band name for years! Idiots.

Vox Crash is amazing, actually, if you don't mind, I might suggest it to them. I really like it.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:
Vox Crash is amazing, actually, if you don't mind, I might suggest it to them. I really like it.
Hehee, sure. But, if I ever get my own band up and running I may need it back.

yeah, riiiiight. :p

Ody

robtex said:

No inspiration for a pop band needed...

Ody

A nice oxymoron or something that sounds interesting when you say it. Thats makes it easier to remember

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
A new band me and a friend was going to form until things became very bitter between us was going to be called Descended from Grace. The reasoning was because the two of us are former strongly devoted Christians, and the style was to have a darker, symphonic sound. I don't care if anyone wants to use that for a band name.