• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ballet for everyone

Nayana

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there are any other dancers on here? I currently am in my last year of a fulltime ballet course studying Vaganova and Bounonville.

I thought we could use a thread where we could post some of our favourite videos or photos :)

[youtube]Kj9TYriQOos[/youtube]
Ulyana Lopatkina, l'âme de la danse - YouTube

there is a documentary about one of my favourite dancers.

[youtube]omqyVhJqozk[/youtube]
Natalia Osipova - Giselle Act 1 Variation - YouTube

a short clip of another of my favourites

[youtube]NoNtowt8aGE[/youtube]
Taor Variation - YouTube

and of a great male dancer :)

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
ANOTHER DANCER!!!! WHOOT!!! :hugehug:

I studied Cecchetti for over a decade before beginning study in the Russian Vaganova. My forte in dance throughout my practice and performance, however, has been modern/contemporary, and in the latter years of my stage performance I worked mostly in musical theatre. My knees have been beginning to give me some more problems, so the intensity of my training has changed and have become more contemplative rather than geared toward exposition. I also had been teaching all studio-standard forms of dance - ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary, and throw in a little hip hop here and there for good measure (though I admittedly say that it never is as good as the young folks who teach hip hop nowadays). After about 20 years of instruction, I began taking steps to opening my own studio. A few years later, we opened our doors in July 2012.

I like Balanchine, regardless of the accusations that he brought the impossible anorexic ideal to America in ballet dancers, and I like all his injections of the new movement toward modern dance inspired by the likes of Ted Shawn, Doris Humphrey, and Martha Graham. But I also like the Bolshoi, who have passed down to millions of audience members traditional ballets that other ballet companies don't re-stage such as Don Quixote, La Bayadere, or La Sylphide.

Or maybe I need to get out more (lol). Most ballet companies I know who come to these parts will do the same thing - Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, Giselle, Sleeping Beauty, Romeo and Juliet, or Cinderella. All of which are wonderful, so don't get me wrong.

Can't exactly go wrong with the combination of Petipa choreography and Tchaikovsky orchestra. :)

[youtube]WAwWu-AVdwg[/youtube]
YouTube

Svetlana is radiant, I think. Try as I could, I never had the feet nor the extension, nor the near perfect control that she has. I love watching her as a prima ballerina.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dang, those ballet fellas are athletic. Even though they're sissies, I wish I could move like that.
I wouldn't, but I still wish I could. (The training must be long & painful.)