• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Back from the funny farm!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
This song is perfect for some of us.

By many standards, Jesus, Buddha, Francis of Assissi, and Gandhi were losers by many modern standards. They were too poor and they refused to fight back.

Many would consider that to be very weak, unimpressive, dishonorable, and irresponsible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I just have very little patience for stories about people who deliberately put themselves in bad situations, take no responsibility for their (often repeated) bad choices, place a burden on the people around them and, just to compound the issue further, expect some kind of validation for what was essentially a childish (think 2 year old and under) attention seeking behaviour.
You want validation? Can I sign a release of information so that you can speak to my Doctor, psychotherapist, caseworker, CD counselor, and find out if there is validity there.

Most of what I share is not anything to be proud of. If I said, "I drive a Lamborghini, have a yacht, am athletic, have lots of hot babes that want me, I'm responsible, and have a sound mind", that would be where I'd have to provide validation. Truth is, I've never owned a car, never owned a DVD player, and never had my own TV. I got a drivers license but lost it because of criminal behavior.The last girl I had sex with was years ago and it resulted in needing to get treated for two STD's. If you already heard that story, sorry for repeating it, but perhaps someone will see it and realize that there is nothing wrong with being chaste.

You think I'm looking for sympathy? Not that I recall. I'm more interested in making other people feel better about themselves. The only reason I want attention is because I've been through so much interesting and unusual stuff, that isn't found in the vast majority of lives, so I feel I can help someone by sharing. And indeed have. Many times.

Actually, since I am providing youtubes where I interview people or let people actually see what I look like and sound like in a real conversation, rather than just words on a screen, and I am candid about where I live; It goes to show that I'm more likely than other forum members to put my money where my mouth is (as it were). I'm also choosing to be an open book rather than lie. I expose my woundedness and brokenness so that I can reach a point where I'm comfortable just being this way and never telling lies or hiding anything.

I'm not infantile in that respect. In fact, there are a lot of tough guys out there who are acting tough because they are scared and hiding who they really are. It takes courage to be an open book that admits all his flaws. That is courage most men don't have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Btw, I don't recall you being
This song is perfect for some of us.

By many standards, Jesus, Buddha, Francis of Assissi, and Gandhi were losers by many modern standards. They were too poor and they refused to fight back.

Many would consider that to be very weak, unimpressive, dishonorable, and irresponsible.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
You want validation? Can I sign a release of information so that you can speak to my Doctor, psychotherapist, caseworker, CD counselor, and find out if there is validity there.

Most of what I share is not anything to be proud of. If I said, "I drive a Lamborghini, have a yacht, am athletic, have lots of hot babes that want me, I'm responsible, and have a sound mind", that would be where I'd have to provide validation. Truth is, I've never owned a car, never owned a DVD player, and never had my own TV. I got a drivers license but lost it because of criminal behavior.The last girl I had sex with was years ago and it resulted in needing to get treated for two STD's. If you already heard that story, sorry for repeating it, but perhaps someone will see it and realize that there is nothing wrong with being chaste.

You think I'm looking for sympathy? Not that I recall. I'm more interested in making other people feel better about themselves. The only reason I want attention is because I've been through so much interesting and unusual stuff, that isn't found in the vast majority of lives, so I feel I can help someone by sharing. And indeed have. Many times.

Actually, since I am providing youtubes where I interview people or let people actually see what I look like and sound like in a real conversation, rather than just words on a screen, and I am candid about where I live; It goes to show that I'm more likely than other forum members to put my money where my mouth is (as it were). I'm also choosing to be an open book rather than lie. I expose my woundedness and brokenness so that I can reach a point where I'm comfortable just being this way and never telling lies or hiding anything.

I'm not infantile in that respect. In fact, there are a lot of tough guys out there who are acting tough because they are scared and hiding who they really are. It takes courage to be an open book that admits all his flaws. That is courage most men don't have.
Welcome back, Pope. Just a tip: the proper response to the post you're repleying to is a picture of a baboons butt.

Should try to find one that maxes out the image size limits too.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So, yes, this thread is dumb - especially when I see how successful you were in obtaining the negative attention from other members of this forum.
nn.jpg

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Lol! That might wind up needing spoilers.

At some point I mean. :D

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Pope,
Thanx for the post...yu got a set...
Join you in the Cosmos, if not before, `God` willing !