• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bachmann

Warren Clark

Informer
I am filled with a notion of disrespect to various people including myself as an American by many of her comments and actions.

Including her taking part in a rehabilitation center for gays.
Signing a pledge against gay marriage.

Yeah that's not my view of an American President that represent the people of America.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
I am filled with a notion of disrespect to various people including myself as an American by many of her comments and actions.

Including her taking part in a rehabilitation center for gays.
Signing a pledge against gay marriage.

Yeah that's not my view of an American President that represent the people of America.
To represent American people means pledging against gay marriage? That means alot of Americans are not American :thud:

E. Nato Difficile

She's quite simply a fool.

But the fact that her ignorant, bigoted rhetoric appeals to enough Americans for her to be a serious Presidential candidate frightens me.

-Nato

Warren Clark

Informer
To represent American people means pledging against gay marriage? That means alot of Americans are not American :thud:

Thats exactly what I mean.

When you pledge against a specific group of people.
You are no longer representing them.
She pledged against many gay americans and straight americans with gay friends and family.

I refuse to acknowledge anyone that refuses to represent me as an American.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Michele Bachmann is one of our nation's village idiots. Worse, she has links to the Dominionist Movement.

gnomon

Bachmann is a national disgrace.

That she is considered a viable candidate for POTUS and has already served in the State and Federal legislatures is embarrassing.

I mean, we can understand how Strom Thurmond and Robert Byrd were able to be elected at the time they were but Bachmann ........... it's amazing.

Draka

Wonder Woman
She's the fastest ticket to Obama's re-election out there.

I have to agree with that. I don't think approval numbers or anything will have as much an effect on the election as if she is running against him. No matter what one may think of Obama...he's certainly a far cry better than that whack-a-doo.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Hard to say what I really think with all the propaganda out there against her. Always hard to get an accurate read on Republican candidate (or serving member) because of how media is. Yes, I believe in liberal bias, but I assure you I am very independent.

Lots of Dems are 'looney tunes' if looked at outside rose colored glasses. Same goes with Pubs.

I often wish we had more than one president (country leader) because of fact that at least 25% of our nation will do everything in their power to undermine the current leader which doesn't bode well for those who would rather see an America that is together, instead of this divided kind that is clearly not working.

So, bottom line, for me. Bachman is no more wacky than Hillary was to me when she aspired to be leader of the U.S. I'm pretty sure I'll never know what Bachman as leader would be like, and do agree that this pretty much would hand re-election of Obama to the Dems, on a silver platter.

Draka

Wonder Woman
So, bottom line, for me. Bachman is no more wacky than Hillary was to me when she aspired to be leader of the U.S.

What the hell? Why compare her to Hillary??? You think the reason people think she's odd is she's a woman? Hillary is a bright, intelligent, rational woman. We should be so lucky as to have her lead our country. Bachmann being "looney" has nothing to do with her being a woman. Which being women seems to be the only thing these two people have in common.

Last edited:

Requia

Bachmann is poor substitute for Palin. Santorum and Perry have both brought refreshingly new kinds of crazy.

Plus I want the POTUS to have Santorum's Google problem, so really, Bachmann needs to go.

Acim

Revelation all the time
What the hell? Why compare her to Hillary???

Cause both are a little loony.

How do I know this? I'm a little loony, and I can pick up their looniness vibes.

You think the reason people think she's odd is she's a woman?

No, though I thought that might come from what I was / am saying.

Hillary is a bright, intelligent, rational woman.

Who is sometimes a little loony.

We should be so lucky as to have her lead our country. Bachmann being "looney" has nothing to do with her being a woman. Which being women seems to be the only thing these two people have in common.

If you were either independent (which I highly recommend) or Republican, which I can't highly recommend anymore, you would see the loony aspects of Hillary. Just like Pubs can't see Bachman as someone with loony aspects, Dems that I know think only the best, most wonderful things about Hillary. Obama didn't win the primaries in 2008 because of how good he is (though that was part of it). He won because Hillary was a little loony and a little too aligned with old school politics which backfired for her, at time when that was being shot down across the board.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Nice to see the new "tone" at work. *sigh*

It would seem that "progressives" have learned the art of fear mongering.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Hyperboles have been employed in political discussions for thousands of years; they've been employed by monarchists and democrats and republicans and communists and libertarians alike; it ain't going away, and everyone here has been guilty of it.