• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athiest "Worship" service.

robtex

Veteran Member
I loved the video. I saw it sometime back. I have to say as a MOD though that discretion should be used in chosing rather to view it or not. It doesn't insult religon but instead presents a skit of an "atheist church" where the pastur and partipants are atheists as opposed to theists. If religious humor isn't your cup of tea, chances are this won't be either.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
robtex said:
I loved the video. I saw it sometime back. I have to say as a MOD though that discretion should be used in chosing rather to view it or not. It doesn't insult religon but instead presents a skit of an "atheist church" where the pastur and partipants are atheists as opposed to theists. If religious humor isn't your cup of tea, chances are this won't be either.
This is a little off topic, but I wonder how someone who doesn't deal well with religious humor gets on around here at all. :p

robtex

Veteran Member
MaddLlama said:
This is a little off topic, but I wonder how someone who doesn't deal well with religious humor gets on around here at all. :p

Hey, gotta type the MOD ADVISORY when I see it applicable. Since you brought it up make a thead on it. Topic in religious debate could be

1) what is your level of tolerance for religious humor?
2) When is religious humor appropiate
3) What types of religious humor offends you

ect ect.

Real Sorceror

Pirate Hunter
robtex said:
Ooh, sorry, I hadn't considered that. I'm not easily offended, so it hadn't occured to me.

robtex

Veteran Member
Real Sorceror said:
Ooh, sorry, I hadn't considered that. I'm not easily offended, so it hadn't occured to me.

Your fine RS. I just wanted to flag it for the forum community at large.

Random

There are subtle hints in it that it's actually a skit on Atheism rather than on religion. At least that's how I took it. Am I wrong?

Real Sorceror's buddy might not be a very bright atheist. Imagine that! A not very bright atheist...:sarcastic

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Godlike said:
There are subtle hints in it that it's actually a skit on Atheism rather than on religion. At least that's how I took it. Am I wrong?

Real Sorceror's buddy might not be a very bright atheist. Imagine that! A not very bright atheist...:sarcastic

I don't think it's that subtle. The main joke is on atheists. And it's a pretty funny one. :D

sparc872

I saw it the same way. Maybe I am a bit more sensitive about stuff like this than most people, but I saw it as playing to a religious crowd while making fun of atheists.

Real Sorceror

Pirate Hunter
Godlike said:

Subtle hints??:D
My buddy is very smart, but he is also able to luagh at jokes that are at his own expense.

Random

Real Sorceror said:
Subtle hints??:D
My buddy is very smart, but he is also able to luagh at jokes that are at his own expense.

:cool: I get it, RS, he has a pretty good sense of humour there.