• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists Physicists Discover God. Turn To Science Of The Gaps.

james bond

If you want to learn more about black holes through general discussions about them, then you can look through the questions here.

My sources are from Quora whom one poster thinks isn't a good source. I think it's fine. The responses are from pros in some cases. If you click on any of the links, then it could lead to other questions and related topics.

https://www.quora.com/topic/Black-Holes

For those who want scientific papers on the topic of black holes, this is where I read them from (also found through Quora).

arXiv.org Search

jonathan180iq

Fine tuning is a flawed argument based entirely on relative perspective.

From Mars, the Universe seems fine tuned for Mars to exist. From Pluto, the Universe seems fine tuned for Pluto to exist. As a human, the Universe seems fine tuned for humans to exist.

It's an argument from self centrism and very little else.

james bond

Fine tuning is a flawed argument based entirely on relative perspective.

From Mars, the Universe seems fine tuned for Mars to exist. From Pluto, the Universe seems fine tuned for Pluto to exist. As a human, the Universe seems fine tuned for humans to exist.

It's an argument from self centrism and very little else.

Your first statement is wrong and all the way down.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I would say fine-tuning shows intelligence vs no intelligence as the video stated when it is a one-in-a-trillions occurrence or else the universe falls apart. The falsification is in the claim by Hawking of multiverses. Get it now?

From what I know about Hawking, it's from his you tube videos and reading Brief History of Time and A Briefer History of Time. I discovered him from the Dawkins interview video which I posted. He's an interesting man and someone who I would consider and expert on black holes. Maybe God led me to him. I just had this intuition about him. How well do you know Hawking?

Hawking says he accepts fine tuning.

Well, there is a probem.

This fine tuning is many orders of magnitude finer than it is required to create some cleverer apes on a planet. After all you do not need one tera galaxies in our observable universe alone to make a planet with a few cleverer apes in it.

It is like preparing spaghetti and using an advanced atomic clock to find the optimal time of boiling water with a resolution of a yocto of a pico second.

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Oldie but goldie. They now use science of the gaps such as multiverse to deny God's design.

By the way, I forgot. Do you aknowledge the authority of those scientists when it comes to make assessments about cosmology?

Ciao

- viole

Sapiens

Polymathematician
All that a belief in fine tuning demonstrates is an abysmal lack of understanding of statistics. To hold such a belief you must not be able to see the difference between prospective and retrospective analyses.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I want to point out here that the black hole theory has not been shown to exist. It has not been peer-reviewed yet. Thus, no one has actually found the location of a black hole. It's invisible. We have claims of a black hole existing in the center of our galaxy, but that one could be myth. Still, I think black holes do exist with the current evidence. Even creation scientists have accepted to the point that they have used a white hole theory.
black hole discovery - Google Scholar

james bond

I got two reasons why God led me to Hawking. One is to study his theories, findings, accomplishment and life. His thinking is at a very high level, so it's not always easy to follow or predict. Yet, he has developed incredible credibility and following. The areas to study in his theories are black holes and black holes as they relate to BBT. If you want quantum physics (from him and others) and physics accomplishments, then read his Brief History of Time in case you haven't. It's well written and explains clearly and has become a tremendously popular book. The second is he holds some kind of key with his black hole contribution of Hawking Radiation and how the Big Bang started. His single point idea of a black hole starting it may be wrong. Maybe he "is" standing his ground and saying that it is right. Anyway, this has led to his multiverse theory. Perhaps it has come down to multiverse (caused or related to black hole) vs God for Hawking.

To sum up, we know black holes are invisible. Some claim they exist. Some claim they do not. I think they exist. Creation scientists think they exist. Atheist scientists think they exist. Some don't. How this all plays out is to be determined.