• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists Physicists Discover God. Turn To Science Of The Gaps.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It started with the Big Bang didn't it? We're still discussing whether it could have happened. I think your calculations are based on the BBT happened.
Even if the Big Bang is completely and totally wrong, we still know the universe is at least around 13 - 14 billion years old. Such an amazing thing that science has figured out how to measure the speed that light travels, while none of the gods from all of the religions of the world mentioned it.
If the atheists hear the following in their moment of darkness, it would be james bond.
Since you consider me an atheist, then what of those who have faced and embraced that darkness? It really teaches you to enjoy and appreciate and respect living and life.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Creation science is peer-reviewed by other creation scientists. I think eventually the science world will see that it can be peer-reviewed when it realizes it is not based on the supernatural, but on dualism and unseen forces. The theory of a bounded universe has been peer-reviewed. Slowly, they're coming up with a creation theory of Genesis and baraminology to explain biology of plants and animals.

Returning to this after a good nights sleep.

The bounded universe idea is a paradox, how can infinity have fixed end points? Yes the universe is measured to 5 decimal places of accuracy to be flat and therefore potentially infinite.

And DNA makes a mockery of baraminology, interesting how some people mock DNA evidence as irrelevant to Genesis but back it as 99.999... % accurate when it comes to a court of law convicting a suspect.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Creation science is peer-reviewed by other creation scientists. I think eventually the science world will see that it can be peer-reviewed when it realizes it is not based on the supernatural, but on dualism and unseen forces. The theory of a bounded universe has been peer-reviewed. Slowly, they're coming up with a creation theory of Genesis and baraminology to explain biology of plants and animals.

Creation science is an oxymoron.

Ciao

- viole

james bond

Creation science is an oxymoron.

Ciao

- viole

viole, I'm glad you returned to this thread. I just wanted to clarify what we've been arguing about recently and that is "common descent." We've been arguing so long about it that we assume it has to do with different species. The truth is the evolutionary term and part of Darwin's theory as "descent with modification." This is from Charles Darwin.

To use the websites that I use for evolution, it's explained here -- Descent with modification.

To explain where creation scientists draw the line is explained here (I searched for "descent with modification" and end up here):

"Common descent is a principle of Darwinism which holds that life on Earth evolved from a common ancestor. Darwin's theory of descent with modification led inexorably to this conclusion as is illustrated in the following quote from Prentice Hall Biology (2008). The theory draws support from homology (physical similarities), embryology (developmental similarities), and the geographic distribution of organisms.

“Descent with modification also implies that all living organisms are related to one another. Look back in time, and you will find common ancestors shared by tigers, panthers, and cheetahs. Look farther back, and you will find ancestors that these felines share with horses, dogs, and bats. Farther back still are the common ancestors of mammals, birds, alligators, and fishes. If we look far enough back, the logic concludes, we could find the common ancestors of all living things. This is the principle known as common descent.[1]

By contrast,
creationists believe that God created many kinds of organisms, and that innumerable species developed from those original kinds through microevolution via inherent genetic variability and natural selection. That tigers, panthers, and cheetahs share a common ancestor is a view accepted by most young earth creationists. However, the belief that biological evolution supports that these felines share ancestors with horses, dogs, and bats is a point where evolutionists and most creationists part ways."

Common descent - CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science

Thus, everyone accepts descent with modification within a species, but we disagree when we go beyond that. It seems common descent in those terms is where the argument begins.

I have more to say about this and the Britannica article on evolution and human evolution if you want to continue discussing. Otherwise, I hope this clarifies the terms.

james bond

That's like claiming you have a 'valid' website for the Star Trek universe. Even if it gives the views correctly, it is still fiction.

It's not fiction. It's the view of creation science. CS still has a ways to go before it can go mainstream, but I think it's making progress. For example, descent with modification is fine within holobarins.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
viole, I'm glad you returned to this thread. I just wanted to clarify what we've been arguing about recently and that is "common descent." We've been arguing so long about it that we assume it has to do with different species. The truth is the evolutionary term and part of Darwin's theory as "descent with modification." This is from Charles Darwin.

To use the websites that I use for evolution, it's explained here -- Descent with modification.

To explain where creation scientists draw the line is explained here (I searched for "descent with modification" and end up here):

"Common descent is a principle of Darwinism which holds that life on Earth evolved from a common ancestor. Darwin's theory of descent with modification led inexorably to this conclusion as is illustrated in the following quote from Prentice Hall Biology (2008). The theory draws support from homology (physical similarities), embryology (developmental similarities), and the geographic distribution of organisms.

“Descent with modification also implies that all living organisms are related to one another. Look back in time, and you will find common ancestors shared by tigers, panthers, and cheetahs. Look farther back, and you will find ancestors that these felines share with horses, dogs, and bats. Farther back still are the common ancestors of mammals, birds, alligators, and fishes. If we look far enough back, the logic concludes, we could find the common ancestors of all living things. This is the principle known as common descent.[1]

By contrast,
creationists believe that God created many kinds of organisms, and that innumerable species developed from those original kinds through microevolution via inherent genetic variability and natural selection. That tigers, panthers, and cheetahs share a common ancestor is a view accepted by most young earth creationists. However, the belief that biological evolution supports that these felines share ancestors with horses, dogs, and bats is a point where evolutionists and most creationists part ways."

Common descent - CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science

Thus, everyone accepts descent with modification within a species, but we disagree when we go beyond that. It seems common descent in those terms is where the argument begins.

I have more to say about this and the Britannica article on evolution and human evolution if you want to continue discussing. Otherwise, I hope this clarifies the terms.

It is true that creationists believe this and that. Less so, that Darwinists believe this and that. Darwinists KNOW this and that.
That is the difference.

Ciao

- viole