• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists Launch No Lives Matter Movement

HonestJoe

Sounds like someone attempting to lampoon atheism and evolution based on the incorrect assertion that the former is nihilistic and the that latter is random.
I strongly suspect the creators are fully aware of what they're doing. Sites like this rely on other people not realising their articles are satire and spreading the links, getting the site clicks and therefore advertising revenue. I personally consider them all fraudulent on that basis.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I strongly suspect the creators are fully aware of what they're doing. Sites like this rely on other people not realising their articles are satire and spreading the links, getting the site clicks and therefore advertising revenue. I personally consider them all fraudulent on that basis.

Actually, the site is pure humor, as far as I can tell, based on current news and events, (i.e.):

FBI Hires Top-Rated Italian Bodyguard Hiluigi Clintonelli To Protect Ghislaine Maxwell

article-6476-2.jpg

It's the kind of humor that's so stupid, it's funny.

Last edited:

HonestJoe

Actually, the site is pure humor, as far as I can tell, based on current news and events, (i.e.):
I'm fully aware of the range of material Babylon Bee (and it's competitors) put out and some of it is indeed very funny. None of that changes anything I said though. It isn't really satire if the audience doesn't know it's satire.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I'm fully aware of the range of material Babylon Bee (and it's competitors) put out and some of it is indeed very funny. None of that changes anything I said though. It isn't really satire if the audience doesn't know it's satire.

It's true that not everyone is capable of identifying, or even appreciating humor the same. But like an art, people can become more familiar with it, by seeing it more often.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
MX2B1BW.jpg

:p Talk about a faux pas, Dr. Tyson! Reminds me of the time I wrote 'Noah' instead of 'Moses'.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Did you know that since 2014 Saudi Arabia has considered all atheists to be terrorists? Yeah. Go Saudi! Go...go...gogogo Saudi!

Man I sure am glad I'm not a terrorist.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
He says he isn't, or !or precisely, he is not sure

Don't be sorry, i added some humour to my post

Really?
I haven't read much of his stuff lately, but if that's the case he's substantially changed his tune. Oh well, unimportant, really. I don't much care for the New Atheism thing...

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Nah, that's always been his thing.
He has a rating he uses, whereby 1 is a gnostic theist, and 7 is a gnostic atheist.
He rates himself a 6.9, and is therefore an agnostic atheist.

I'd rate myself about a 6 on his scale for comparitive.

Dawkins scale - Hmolpedia

Doesn't sound like his opinion has changed much since he wrote The God Delusion.

It does sound like he considers himself agnostic with opinions

Last edited: