• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist Poll (Judgment Day)

Would You Change Your Mind On Judgement Day?

• Total voters

Faithofchristian

And just what proof did you ever demand to see and receive, that your "god" had anything to do with the writing of the bible?

I know that you will not be able to except this but as you ask.

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit"
2Peter 1:21.

This means that nothing was written in the Bible that didn't come from God first.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" 2 Timothy 3:16.

This means that all scriptures in the Bible were given by God.

So there is nothing written in the Bible that wasn't given by God first.

Faithofchristian

According to my understanding of the Bible, believers are judged in this life, so judgement day isn't for them. Judgement day is also not for the unbelievers because they are, like Christians, judged in this lifetime. Judgement day is a period of time when the unrighteous are resurrected in order to present them, having not been introduced to the good news of the kingdom, to then make an informed decision. But what if you, an unbeliever, was resurrected to judgement day and it was obvious that God did exist. Would you change your position?

If I may say, alot of Christians haven't a clue or idea what the bible/scriptures supports or Confirm's.

Believers are judge, no one is left out.

As it is written in the Bible in the book of Hebrews 9:27--"And as it is appionted unto men once to die, but after this the judgement"

After men die, then comes the judgement.
So no one escapes the judgement of Christ Jesus.

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" 1 Peter 4:17.

The judgement of God's starts at his house, meaning that Christians will be judge. And those Pastors, Preaches, will face the judgement seat of Christ Jesus, for their lies. Of telling people they will not face the judgement seat of Christ Jesus.

As a person can see the judgement of God's starts at his house first. And all those people that are found in the house of God's will be judge first.
It's going to be a sad day, when alot of Christians find themselves standing before the Judgement seat of Christ Jesus.

I know alot of Christians thinks they are goody two shoes. But their not, for all shall stand before the Judgement seat of Christ Jesus.

"But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ" Romans 14:10.

Notice that Paul is including himself there. That no one is left out of the judgement seat of Christ Jesus.
Notice the word ( all) which means all, no one is left out nor can they escape the judgement seat of Christ Jesus.

Alot of Christians are being taught that they will not face the judgement seat of Christ Jesus, that's a lie, as anyone can see in the above Verses, no one, absolutely positively everyone will come to the Judgement seat of Christ Jesus, and including me.to received what they have done whether it be good or bad.

I'm a Christian, but I do know I will face the judgement seat of Christ Jesus, as all other Christians and unbelievers will face the judgement seat of Christ Jesus.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Bob the Unbeliever

My question to you, for you said---"( so long as you keep it out of our Law and Public Education)
Care to explain how the laws and Public schools) belong to you or certain people..

Right there in the US Constitution-- a deliberately godless document. THAT IS THE BASIS FOR MY STATEMENT. Don't like that? Move to a god-based country, like Saudia Arabia. You'd love it there --- everyone is forced to be a good Theist.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. Two clauses of the First Amendment concern the relationship of government to religion: the Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause.

If I chose for my children to learn to read all about the bible in school, what is that to you..

Nice Straw Man-- individual rights to read any sort of silly fairy tale is guaranteed. But teachers are not allowed to teach such things as being real.

In case you didn't know, man's laws comes right from the bible..
PROVE IT. PROVE YOUR CLAIM IS EVEN A LITTLE TRUE.

Your bible? Is simply too NEW for that to be even a little bit accurate.
So that means each and every day your face with the laws of the bible.
So alot of the laws that you keep comes right out of the Bible..

ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE AT ALL-- law existed LONG before your silly bible was even written.
So if you remember some time back down in Washington DC, in one of the Government buildings there's the Ten commandments which are found in the Bible, Which alot of the United States laws are base off from those Ten commandments laws of God's in the Bible..

I refuse to patronize a god who WASTES 4 OF 10 ON NARCISSISTIC EGO-SOOTHING CLAPTRAP.

Such a god is unworthy.
So that means your keeping at least 70% of the laws in the Bible..

False. 100% false, in fact. See above.

For about every law that man has, can be found in the Bible. That's because man's laws were taken from the bible..

100% false. Don't lie-- it's unbecoming of a sentient being.
So according to man's law, if a person takes an innocent life, they are either in prison or the death penalty..

Not in every state. Not even automatically: In Texas, for example, if someone breaks into my house? I get to shoot them DEAD-- I GET TO TAKE THEIR LIFE-- and zero consequences.

In the Bible you will this law exactly the same.
In the Bible you will find this law ( Thou shalt not kill) This means not to kill which takes an innocent life.and if a person does kill in taking an innocent life, that is death penalty..

EXCEPT WHEN IT IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE. Nope. You could not be more wrong.

But in self defense, it's not taking an innocent life, but defending one self or defending their Country.

The bilebull says NOTHING about qualifying "innocent" versus "not so innocent".

Moreover? The bilebull COMMANDS YOU TO KILL FOR LOTS OF STUPID REASONS.

If you FOLLOW the bible's laws for even a month? YOU WOULD BE ON TRIAL FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Bob the Unbeliever

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit"

This means that nothing was written in the Bible that didn't come from God first.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" 2 Timothy 3:16.

YOU CANNOT USE YOUR CLAIM TO "PROVE" YOUR CLAIM.

Fail.

Purell

According to my understanding of the Bible, believers are judged in this life, so judgement day isn't for them. Judgement day is also not for the unbelievers because they are, like Christians, judged in this lifetime. Judgement day is a period of time when the unrighteous are resurrected in order to present them, having not been introduced to the good news of the kingdom, to then make an informed decision. But what if you, an unbeliever, was resurrected to judgement day and it was obvious that God did exist. Would you change your position?

By that time, it would be too late to matter anyway. I would change my position of belief as in, "Yep, I'm fully convinced now," however, I would have so many questions like, "why was our eternal state dependent upon the denial of anything rational? Also, how in the world were we supposed to know that this was true when we never once saw evidence of any kind of miracle? Everything we have seen so far pointed to an old earth and universe where the Bible had it listed as about 6,000 years old for everything..." and many more like that.

Yazata

I was hesitant to cast a vote in the poll, since I think that the two alternatives are biased in such a way that neither of them reflect my views. A miraculous world-changing visitation of some incomprehensible seemingly-supernatural power wouldn't be enough to convince me. (So #1 is out.) And my not opting for #1 has nothing to do with my rejecting salvation (so #2 is out). So I voted for #3, I'll have to think about it. (Even though that one didn't seem right either.)

My issue is epistemological, namely how a human being such as myself, a finite being, could ever recognize a monotheist-style God in the first place. This being is supposed to be infinite (the omnimax stuff) and how is a finite being supposed to recognize that? And many monotheist religious traditions explicitly believe that their Godhead exceeds all human conception (apophatic theology).

What we would seem to be faced with is what appears to be a super-powered space-alien whose nature and powers exceed human comprehension. Science fiction like Independence Day makes the point that just because something creates a tremendous light-show in the sky doesn't mean that it's divine. It might not be best to fall on one's knees before it. Just because an alien being seems to have unlimited power from our human perspective, doesn't mean that it's a suitable object for religious worship, (One is reminded of the 'Cargo cults'.)

Since "exceeds human comprehension" is basically another way of saying "unknown", what we seem to be required to do is make ultimately important judgments about different contents of the unknown, without any knowledge of what we are doing.

Last edited:

Earthling

David Henson
By that time, it would be too late to matter anyway. I would change my position of belief as in, "Yep, I'm fully convinced now," however, I would have so many questions like, "why was our eternal state dependent upon the denial of anything rational? Also, how in the world were we supposed to know that this was true when we never once saw evidence of any kind of miracle? Everything we have seen so far pointed to an old earth and universe where the Bible had it listed as about 6,000 years old for everything..." and many more like that.

Since I know the answers to those questions I can accurately conclude that the answers were available to you as well. But it isn't a pop quiz, in this scenario you will have been resurrected knowing nothing and not expected to know anything. Those answers would be made available to you in a 1,000 year period known as 'Judgement day.'

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

You are an unbeliever in all other gods but yours. Would you change your mind on their judgement day?

Earthling

David Henson
You are an unbeliever in all other gods but yours. Would you change your mind on their judgement day?

First of all, that isn't true. I believe in a number of Gods as all of the writers in the Bible did, because unlike you they knew the definition of the word. And C. they don't have a judgement day, or actually one. I think two of them would be incorporated in the Judgement paradigm so there wouldn't be any changing of my mind in that way, Missy, but I had to think about it for sure as the aforementioned remark did put me off it shouldn't have. I wasn't ready for it, I guess.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
First of all, that isn't true. I believe in a number of Gods as all of the writers in the Bible did, because unlike you they knew the definition of the word. And C. they don't have a judgement day, or actually one. I think two of them would be incorporated in the Judgement paradigm so there wouldn't be any changing of my mind in that way, Missy, but I had to think about it for sure as the aforementioned remark did put me off it shouldn't have. I wasn't ready for it, I guess.
Yours could be one god or many. What others do you believe in and how do you celebrate that belief?

Earthling

David Henson
Yours could be one god or many. What others do you believe in and how do you celebrate that belief?

How far can we go up to? Also, just because I believe in a god, like, let's say Satan. I believe in Satan and he is a god, but not my god as such. Then there is Moses, the Judges of Israel, the angels, all gods according to the Bible, but not my gods. They were gods in the sense that they were mighty. Like Jesus. How do I celebrate that belief? I don't think I do. It's just a practical fact not a religious ceremony. I don't celebrate Christmas or Easter for example.

Looncall

This is circular. Anyhow, the bible is obvious tribal propaganda.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

My position about what? God's existence? Isn't that self-evident?

Earthling

David Henson
My position about what? God's existence? Isn't that self-evident?

I guess I didn't word it properly. Your position on everlasting life. After judgement day, a 1000 year period where the "unrighteous" are resurrected and there is no longer any doubt regarding God's existence, Satan is released to allow those who would, having now been informed of God's existence and purpose for man to live forever in paradise on earth, to choose whether they want that or to follow Satan into everlasting destruction. So the choice isn't to do with God's existence, but whether you want everlasting life in paradise or to go off with Satan to everlasting destruction.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess I didn't word it properly. Your position on everlasting life. After judgement day, a 1000 year period where the "unrighteous" are resurrected and there is no longer any doubt regarding God's existence, Satan is released to allow those who would, having now been informed of God's existence and purpose for man to live forever in paradise on earth, to choose whether they want that or to follow Satan into everlasting destruction. So the choice isn't to do with God's existence, but whether you want everlasting life in paradise or to go off with Satan to everlasting destruction.

Some choice.
Are you asking whether me, as an atheist, would be mad enough at God that I'd instead choose self-destruction? No...that seems entirely pointless.
However, if God existed, it would only raise a thousand questions for me. I would most certainly not praise God. Perhaps that constitutes a 'choice' in this hypothetical God's mind, and I'd therefore be sent to my destruction? I have no idea.

The whole premise is hard for me to understand.

Earthling

David Henson
Some choice.
Are you asking whether me, as an atheist, would be mad enough at God that I'd instead choose self-destruction? No...that seems entirely pointless.
However, if God existed, it would only raise a thousand questions for me. I would most certainly not praise God. Perhaps that constitutes a 'choice' in this hypothetical God's mind, and I'd therefore be sent to my destruction? I have no idea.

The whole premise is hard for me to understand.

Often an atheist, when told of the choice between everlasting life and everlasting destruction will choose the destruction. They say something like "Who wants to live forever?"

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Often an atheist, when told of the choice between everlasting life and everlasting destruction will choose the destruction. They say something like "Who wants to live forever?"
To be fair, there are entire religions based on the ultimate reward being that you are destroyed forever.

Truly Enlightened

My question to you, for you said---"( so long as you keep it out of our Law and Public Education)
Care to explain how the laws and Public schools) belong to you or certain people.

If I chose for my children to learn to read all about the bible in school, what is that to you.
In case you didn't know, man's laws comes right from the bible. So that means each and every day your face with the laws of the bible.
So alot of the laws that you keep comes right out of the Bible.

So if you remember some time back down in Washington DC, in one of the Government buildings there's the Ten commandments which are found in the Bible, Which alot of the United States laws are base off from those Ten commandments laws of God's in the Bible.

So that means your keeping at least 70% of the laws in the Bible.
For about every law that man has, can be found in the Bible. That's because man's laws were taken from the bible.

So according to man's law, if a person takes an innocent life, they are either in prison or the death penalty.
In the Bible you will this law exactly the same.
In the Bible you will find this law ( Thou shalt not kill) This means not to kill which takes an innocent life.and if a person does kill in taking an innocent life, that is death penalty.

But in self defense, it's not taking an innocent life, but defending one self or defending their Country.

The Bible is a foreign book, written in foreign languages, over thousands of years ago. It was written based loosely on many other paranormal, superstitious, and supernatural stories in books before it. It was written to excite the minds of children, and control the minds of adults. It is a book written by man, edited by man, compiled and correlated by man, contracted by man, and believed as a consequence of cognitive dissonance, by man. If the stories in Star Trek were reinforced over thousands of years, it too would become more than just a belief, like Jediism. So no, the Bible has as much reverence as a 14 line Sonnet by Shakespeare.

I'm certain that if the nature of God were judged by using His own laws, He would be morally and legally guilty of many crimes. Would you like to see what barbaric religious laws are still on the books in many Theocratic governments? I'm sure even you might question their Biblical origins. Thou shalt not kill, except when God orders it. Thou shalt not work in the Sabbath day, or be killed. Thou shalt not serve any other God, or be killed. Is stealing to feed your family a sin? The final 10 Commandments come from the "Code of Hammurabi", written a thousand years before the 10 Commandments in the Bible. What about the "Magna Carta" or the "English Common Law", arising naturally from our cultural mores, customs, and traditions. These were the origins of American Law, not the Bible. The Bible would be the last place anyone should empower authority over the lives of real human beings. Why would anyone give absolute authority to an invisible spiritual entity, to control their behavior and how they think? How would anyone be able to question that authority directly? I also think that stealing, cheating, lying, and killing, were already considered unacceptable behavior, long before the Bible said so. Most of the laws implied in the Old Testament, have absolutely no parallels with our modern-day system of laws. Only in a true Theocracy, would you be faced with religious laws and commandments every day of your life.

You have every right to teach your own children any superstitious, unverifiable, and un-falsifiable nonsense you'd like. But you have no right to impose your teachings onto my children, directly or indirectly. Especially, in a public education system that my tax dollars are supporting, and is protected by the First Amendment of our Constitution. Especially, in a public education system that I would expect, as having a higher standard of credibility than simply having a superstitious belief. Putting religions into our schools, will only produce elitism, religious intolerance, and separatism. Can you imagine what would happen if all 4.200+ religious and pagan beliefs were represented equally within our public education system? A List of All Religions and Belief Systems . I don't want my children to be taught simply to believe, without questioning the factual basis for why they should believe. Despite all the religious references by our government, we are NOT a religious government. These references were only kept to appease religious fundimentalists. Hence, why the separation between church and state has withstood the test of time. Do you think that church leaders would willingly give up their tax-exempt status, for their belief? I don't think so.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

But the destruction is everlasting...so they're dying forever?
Or I'm misunderstanding you, and you simply mean they'll be ended?