• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist Poll (Judgment Day)

Would You Change Your Mind On Judgement Day?

• Total voters

Truly Enlightened

Think about it. Noah had 50 years of preaching while he built the ark, how many people accepted? All of the atheists since then, likewise, have rejected it. Revelation 20:7-8 numbers the people who choose Satan as "the sand in the sea."

So I take it that you believe that a 500 year old man; preached for fifty years; became the father of three children; built an ark (with his family) to house two of every air breathing species of animals on the planet; to restart all life on the planet after an imaginary world-wide flood(another mythical creation flood). I suppose if you can believe this, then believing in miracles, talking animals, resurrections, omnipotent entities, and violations of physical laws, should be a cinch.

What is truly amazing, is how anyone could believe that anyone would willingly chose to die because they are unwilling to believe in anything, let alone any Deity. This is a demonstration of the insanity of elitism rooted in ignorance.

JJ50

People who believe the story of Noah and his flood are true, have to be very gullible, imo.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Myriads of people. Many, many people.

Well, thinking about, that is maybe because your question is ambigous. Changing ones mind about His existence and wanting to have anything to do with Him, are two different things.

Not wanting to have anything to do with God, does not necessarily entail not changing one’s mind and believe in Him.

If for instance God was the metaphysical equivalent of Hannibal the Cannibal, and I find myself in the hereafter in front of Him, I would likely change my mind about His existence, but I would not necessarily follow Him or worship Him, or have anything to do with Him.

Ciao

- viole

Faithofchristian

Is it forbidden for gays to work on Sabbath?

Ciao

- viole

Seeing that
Earthling said:
I hope not. I rarely pray, I'm gay and I work on Sabbath.

How is that possible to work on Sabbath, seeing the Sabbath isn't there no more, for it has been replace. As for Christians we rest in Christ Jesus and not on any day of the week including Sabbath day.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
As for Christians we rest in Christ Jesus and not on any day of the week including Sabbath day.
Curious, isn't it?

I support the Sabbath more than you do.

I totally agree that people will have better lives if they take a day out, every few days, to just relax. Play with your kids, pursue a hobby, get together for a meal with your friends and family, get together with your religious community, whatever floats your boat.
Every seventh day seems quite workable, doesn't matter which day of the week works for y'all.
You don't appear to agree.
Tom

Faithofchristian

Curious, isn't it?

I support the Sabbath more than you do.

I totally agree that people will have better lives if they take a day out, every few days, to just relax. Play with your kids, pursue a hobby, get together for a meal with your friends and family, get together with your religious community, whatever floats your boat.
Every seventh day seems quite workable, doesn't matter which day of the week works for y'all.
You don't appear to agree.
Tom

Seeing I don't even recognize the Sabbath.
Because the Sabbath is no longer there. And hasn't been for nearly a little over 2000 years.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Seeing I don't even recognize the Sabbath.
Because the Sabbath is no longer there. And hasn't been for nearly a little over 2000 years.
As I have said before,
Christianity has no real meaning any more. It's just whatever someone who identifies as Christian believes.

Could be anything.
Tom

Earthling

David Henson
Well, thinking about, that is maybe because your question is ambigous. Changing ones mind about His existence and wanting to have anything to do with Him, are two different things.

Not wanting to have anything to do with God, does not necessarily entail not changing one’s mind and believe in Him.

If for instance God was the metaphysical equivalent of Hannibal the Cannibal, and I find myself in the hereafter in front of Him, I would likely change my mind about His existence, but I would not necessarily follow Him or worship Him, or have anything to do with Him.

Well, duh . . . are you talking to me? I've been trying to get that point across the atheists for some time. They tend to see theists how they want to see us rather than opening their eyes and looking.

Bob the Unbeliever

The Bible is all the Evidence all I need
The Bible is all the Evidence all I need.

Maybe not to you, but for me, the Bible is all the Evidence I need

If you can't handle it, that's your problem.

How very sad for you. No WONDER you are such an unpleasant person to others.

But.

You seem a bit... unsure, here-- why did you feel the need to repeat it, not once, not twice, but three times?

Me? I don't care one way or another-- you don't need to convince... me. I absolutely don't care-- if I did? I'd not be an atheist, you see...

But you do seem desperate to convince ... someone.... yourself?

Faithofchristian

How very sad for you. No WONDER you are such an unpleasant person to others.

But.

You seem a bit... unsure, here-- why did you feel the need to repeat it, not once, not twice, but three times?

Me? I don't care one way or another-- you don't need to convince... me. I absolutely don't care-- if I did? I'd not be an atheist, you see...

But you do seem desperate to convince ... someone.... yourself?

So that people like yourself that can't hear, gets it.
If to what you say is true, then why do even care to reply.
It seems that you have a problem of convincing yourself. That you absolutely don't care, but yet you reply, What's up with all that.

Bob the Unbeliever

So that people like yourself that can't hear, gets it.
If to what you say is true, then why do even care to reply.
It seems that you have a problem of convincing yourself. That you absolutely don't care, but yet you reply, What's up with all that.

I reply because it's the polite thing to do. And although I don't give a rat's exhaust about the bible? (so long as you keep it out of our Law and Public Education-- it's evil)

I do care about people-- yes, even one as seemingly desperate as you appear to be.

And so, I continue to point out, how increasingly desperate you come across-- you do appear desperate to convince yourself most of all...

Which is just plain sad. Maybe you'll grow up one day, and recognize that Santa is just a Children's Story.

Faithofchristian

I reply because it's the polite thing to do. And although I don't give a rat's exhaust about the bible? (so long as you keep it out of our Law and Public Education-- it's evil)

I do care about people-- yes, even one as seemingly desperate as you appear to be.

And so, I continue to point out, how increasingly desperate you come across-- you do appear desperate to convince yourself most of all...

Which is just plain sad. Maybe you'll grow up one day, and recognize that Santa is just a Children's Story.

My question to you, for you said---"( so long as you keep it out of our Law and Public Education)
Care to explain how the laws and Public schools) belong to you or certain people.

If I chose for my children to learn to read all about the bible in school, what is that to you.
In case you didn't know, man's laws comes right from the bible. So that means each and every day your face with the laws of the bible.
So alot of the laws that you keep comes right out of the Bible.

So if you remember some time back down in Washington DC, in one of the Government buildings there's the Ten commandments which are found in the Bible, Which alot of the United States laws are base off from those Ten commandments laws of God's in the Bible.

So that means your keeping at least 70% of the laws in the Bible.
For about every law that man has, can be found in the Bible. That's because man's laws were taken from the bible.

So according to man's law, if a person takes an innocent life, they are either in prison or the death penalty.
In the Bible you will this law exactly the same.
In the Bible you will find this law ( Thou shalt not kill) This means not to kill which takes an innocent life.and if a person does kill in taking an innocent life, that is death penalty.

But in self defense, it's not taking an innocent life, but defending one self or defending their Country.

Last edited: