• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheism Means...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I don't trust what you or anyone else claims about God.

It's not personal. If I made a claim about God, I wouldn't expect anyone to trust it.

Why should I trust what you or anyone says about God?

Also I suppose it means I haven't found a need for God to go about my life. IOW, everything seems to work the same with or with out God.

Others claim to need God. I can't say much about that other than I don't understand it.
I suppose there is a psychological need some have. All I can say to that is that I've mentally grown out of it.

Yes I know atheism means a lack of belief in gods.
But there is the why of it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My turn

I don't believe a god or gods exist. Basically that's it.

That lack of belief means i don't believe or understand people who consider their god(s) to exist.

Suave

Simulated character

It's not personal. If I made a claim about God, I wouldn't expect anyone to trust it.

Also I suppose it means I haven't found a need for God to go about my life. IOW, everything seems to work the same with or with out God.

Others claim to need God. I can't say much about that other than I don't understand it.
I suppose there is a psychological need some have. All I can say to that is that I've mentally grown out of it.

I don't expect anybody to accept on pure faith the notion of there being a simulator ( a.k.a. - God )
Computer codes found in string theory might be an objective indicator of our simulated universe controlled by a simulator ( a.k.a. - God )

Please note the discovery of error correcting codes within the equations of symmetry is a rigorously proven theorem.

Reference: https://www.quora.com/Is-theoretica...mmunity-and-has-it-been-corroborated-by-other

Is theoretical physicist James Gates’ intriguing discovery of error-correcting codes within the equations of supersymmetry accepted within the theoretical physicist community, and has it been corroborated by other physicists?

Tristan Hubsch
, PhD Physics, University of Maryland, College Park (1987)
Answered 3 years ago · Author has 1.4K answers and 1M answer views

A.: The discovery is a rigorously proven theorem.

To be precise, the (error-detecting and error-correcting binary doubly-even linear block) codes were discovered/identified within the classification of worldline off-shell supermultiplets without central charge [On Graph-Theoretic Identifications of Adinkras, Supersymmetry Representations and Superfields, by C.F. Doran, M.G. Faux, S.J. Gates, Jr., T. Hübsch, K.M. Iga and G.D. Landweber: Int. J. Mod. Phys. A22 (2007) 869-930, arXiv:math-ph/0512016]. It was then proven that these (minimal) supermultiplets in turn encode the continuum of all possible worldline supermultiplets [On General Off-Shell Representations of Worldline (1D) Supersymmetry, by C.F. Doran, T. Hübsch, K.M. Iga and G.D. Landweber: Symmetry 6 no. 1, (2014) 67–88, arXiv:1310.3258]. See also my answer to “James Gates claims that he found code in string theory. Does that imply that we live in a simulation?”

If string theory proves to be a valid explanation for the fundamental constituents of the universe being one-dimensional “strings” rather than point-like particles, then the computer code found within string theory could be a real indication of us being simulated by God.

Audie

Veteran Member

Nah. Atheists are whole.
Theists need to try to fill a
empty space.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You will know only after your death. People say frightening things. You won't be raised again, burning oil will be poured on your head till your brain melts, etc. :Horror: :Horror:

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There is no 'you' after death. Don't be mislead. Accept reality. :)
If there is a you, my are you going to be surprised.... pleasantly, I hope. :)
I am as sure that there is an afterlife as I am sure of my religion, although there is nothing else in life I am sure about except that I love the cats.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. although there is nothing else in life I am sure about except that I love the cats.
Then limit your pronouncements to cats. Leave religion and manifestations alone. By your own words, you do not believe Bahaollah completely. You are a non-believer or a Munafiq (pretender). What is that which makes you pretend? That is what I wonder about.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
By your own words, you do not believe Bahaollah completely. You are a non-believer or a Munafiq (pretender). What is that which makes you pretend? That is what I wonder about.
I do believe Baha'u'llah completely but sometimes my ego gets in the way and I have doubts about God and whether God is all-loving, given all the suffering I see in the world, my own included. I am sure there are lots of things I do not understand and I try to accept that, but I will probably always wonder about suffering since I cannot accept the religious apologetics.

RestlessSoul

Nah. Atheists are whole.
Theists need to try to fill a
empty space.

We all have an empty space. We all have a hunger, to quote a song by Florence Welch. Some try to fill it with success, recognition, money, status. Some with drugs or alcohol, sex, love, food. Some with sport, exercise, control of mind and body; others with learning, knowledge, understanding.

Only God can fill that space. Only through God can we be made whole.

Audie

Veteran Member
We all have an empty space. We all have a hunger, to quote a song by Florence Welch. Some try to fill it with success, recognition, money, status. Some with drugs or alcohol, sex, love, food. Some with sport, exercise, control of mind and body; others with learning, knowledge, understanding.

Only God can fill that space. Only through God can we be made whole.

So some believe.
Of course, no psychologist can identify this
" space", and religious people show no sign
of being more " full".

Ive heard many times that everyone actually
believes in God, but atheists are in denial.
(Usually coz they want to sin w/o worry,
they substitute drugs, they think they
are their own god etc and blah)

Its just made up of course since they are
not really telepsychiatrists.

So, no, your opinion reflects no understanding
of what it is to simply not believe any of the
many religions, and have no emptiness in their
lives to desperstely fill with religion, vice,
etc.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

Likewise, I see no necessity for a God or gods to exist for life and the universe to be as it is. Perhaps there is a God/Creator, but for me this belief tends to lead to worse roads to travel than not accepting such - like the many we see exhibited here and elsewhere who are convinced their particular road is the one and only, and usually want others to travel with them. Based upon the evidence they accept but many don't, and many travelling in entirely different directions. :oops: And as such, these beliefs often tend to limit any possible freedoms we might have or want, as to how our lives are lived, and/or any possible futures.

Why some might accept such beliefs when others don't is perhaps more down to culture, personality, psychology, or how they use their intellect. I suppose we could all be accused of confirmation bias - as to what evidence we accept and that which we don't - but essentially it usually boils down to the acceptance of a Creator. I think this is so, for to even contemplate the veracity and/or provenance of old religious texts being as presented, and where many of us just can't accept them as such, nor being any kind of proof for such a Creator.

This being so apart from those spiritual/religious beliefs that don't believe in a single entity as Creator of course.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Bahaollah was even more than an apologist. He claimed to have a message from God. He had no evidence for the claim other than word salad. That you waver in your belief, shows that you really do not believe it.
Baha'u'llah had more than Writings. He supported His claims with His Person, His Life and Mission, and His Writings.

The only wavering I do is regarding God being all-loving. I am sure God will forgive me for that. The only unforgivable sin is hating God but I finally got over that.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
He supported His claims with His Person, His Life and Mission, and His Writings.
His, his and his. Self-praise, besotted with his own self. What was extra-ordinary in his life? A self-proclaimed messenger of Allah, himself uneducated, who was able to impress a few, most of them 19th Century Iranian Shia Muslims!