• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheism doesn't exist?:)

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
But that's not what generalizing means. When we generalize, we take a one characteristic thing and represent as a whole. If I don't like seafood, it doesn't mean that I don't like all the food that comes from the sea.
Well, yeah, that kinda is what it means.

So if you are anti a particular type of theist, ie Catholics, Mormans, Muslims etc, you are opposed those particular type of theist. And we generalize it by using the general term, which is theist. That's why it is possible to have an anti-theist Christian, someone being a Christian that is opposed to a particular type of theist(s).
I can't imagine that the general term atheist would be used against one particular religion. If I were opposed to Christianty, I'd say so explicity. As an atheist, I'm opposed to gods.

dianaiad

Well, yeah, that kinda is what it means.

I can't imagine that the general term atheist would be used against one particular religion. If I were opposed to Christianty, I'd say so explicity. As an atheist, I'm opposed to gods.

There you go.

this isn't about insulting atheists. It's ABSOLUTELY not about some dumb claim that all atheists are anti-theists. that's patently untrue and I've never claimed that.

It's about the proper use of the Engish language.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I have never said "gods people" you did. Do not make up untruths to cover your error.

I do not call christians or any one else gods people, unless you can prove me wrong a complete apology for your misrepresentation would be nice?

I have recounted the incident briefly on RF, which has search function, feel free to use it because i do not particularly wish to relive that terror to satisfy your incredulity.

Feel free to send me a URL, I don't feel like searching every instance of "Christians". Thanks.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
If that were true, proselytizing would be one of the most evil things a person could do.

If a person's ignorance of Christ could ensure that they enter Heaven, why would you ever deliberately shatter it? You'd be condemning the vast majority of the people you proselytize to to Hell: "narrow is the way" and all that.

Ignorance ensures that a small percentage of persons seeking God get in, preaching ensures that a percentage of people who respond to preaching are transformed now, to become game-changers and impact players for the Kingdom.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Your just confirming my point and trying to over it up with love-sauce.

So yes, if you are not a christian believer, then it's to hell with you.

In other words, exactly like I said 4 posts ago, your religion teaches that hell awaits those who believe the wrong thing. The "wrong thing" being anything other then christianity.

The things you are listing for what one must do to be "eligeble" for heaven, can be simply summed up to "be a christian".

Huh? I know a lot of born agains going to Heaven who believe multiple wrong things/wrong concepts/wrong doctrines.

If someone fell on a hand grenade for me, that would change my life utterly. I would forever praise their memory. You must be a hard person to use “belief” like a weapon in this manner, when the reality is we are to trust in Him who loved us and gave us all He had to give.

Heaven/Hell are about responding to a PERSON, not a "doctrine".

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Ignorance ensures that a small percentage of persons seeking God get in, preaching ensures that a percentage of people who respond to preaching are transformed now, to become game-changers and impact players for the Kingdom.
... at the cost of the souls of most of those you preach to.

Do you think that any amount of finite, earthly benefit from an "impact player" could ever outweigh the cost of even one person's eternity in Hell?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
... at the cost of the souls of most of those you preach to.

Do you think that any amount of finite, earthly benefit from an "impact player" could ever outweigh the cost of even one person's eternity in Hell?

I don't understand. First responders, therapists, physicians, none of these get to 100% but make the (loving) effort.

A small fraction of those who've not heard the gospel, as I understand things, are saved, because they are seeking God. A larger fraction of those who hear the gospel respond to the gospel. I see people trust Christ quite often.

MonkeyFire

Atheist together create a strawman, and yes dis-belief is made of negativity, thus it is not real and all your woes can go free.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Atheist together create a strawman, and yes dis-belief is made of negativity, thus it is not real and all your woes can go free.

Disbelief is made of 100% lack of evidence.

I do not believe pink unicorns can fly for exactly the same reason

No straw man there, just fact

MonkeyFire

Disbelief is made of 100% lack of evidence.

I do not believe pink unicorns can fly for exactly the same reason

No straw man there, just fact
Oh my! You are denying atheism. By your "logic" that means it is real:eek:

Denying atheism is a good thing, but it still might be the anti-Christ. Even if your "not-a-demom" you are a demon, or if anything a hellish angel. You just gotta believe only say yes and be real and pray for the nihilist devil to decompose to the to passive air.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Denying atheism is a good thing, but it still might be the anti-Christ. Even if your "not-a-demom" you are a demon, or if anything a hellish angel. You just gotta believe only say yes and be real and pray for the nihilist devil to decompose to the to passive air.
No, we are just human beings with fully functioning brains.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I am a human being, just like you, the only difference is you have faith in a bronze age sky fairly and i dont believe bronze age mythology but do believe in evidence.

That evidence is, no god has shown their existence, no devil pops up except in fantasy films, hell is construct of 11th century artists and comedy authors and demons are the religious mouth pieces who hate other human beings who do not belong to the same god club as them.

Without such hatred the world would be a much better place

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
From where did comest my spirit, and of course..where will it go!
I feel that the believers really do believe in `spirits` or `souls`.
Oh well, they'll never know, will they ?
They see their GODS there.
They'll never know....
cognazence wasted, where was that ` GOD ` !
NuffStuff