• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheism and the origin of the universe

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
Does science have to prove how the universe could have been created without a god before atheism can be accepted as a reasonable belief?
Why or why not?

Booko

Deviled Hen
Ike Asimov wrote an essay many years ago showing how it would be possible for the Universe to come into being without violating the Law of Conservation of Mass-Energy.

I'm not sure that would qualify.

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
I ask because I've heard it said several times that atheists or evolutionists must be wrong because they don't know how everything got here in the first place.

Smoke

Done here.
Does science have to prove how the universe could have been created without a god before atheism can be accepted as a reasonable belief?
Why or why not?
If you claim that the methane ice on Eris comes from the eructations of the Mystical Space Cow, and I don't know where the methane ice on Eris comes from, do I have to believe in the Mystical Space Cow?