• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At Last, A Christian Comes Up With Some Good, Helpful Advice For Godly Women

Neutral Name

Well then, what about:

Ephesians 5:22-24
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

1 Peter 3:1-22
Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, ...

Colossians 3:18
Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.

Ephesians 5:22
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.

1 Timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

Ephesians 5:22-33
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, ...

1 Peter 3:1-7
Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, ...

Ephesians 5:21-33
Submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ. Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, ...

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.

1 Peter 3:1 Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives,

Ephesians 5:23
For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.

1 Peter 3:5
For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands,

Titus 2:3-5
Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.
You can't simply ignore them can you?

That just convinces me that I can't be a Christian. As a woman of God, I know that God never tells me to be quiet or submit to anyone except God and those God chooses which can be men or women. I agree with the Archbishop of Canterbury that God is non-binary. God’s gender? Not male, or female. Non-binary, says archbishop of Canterbury. God is a spirit being and, so, has no sex. God does not procreate sexually. God did not have sex to make Adam or anyone else. So, why would God choose to put men in charge of women. Women would be of the same importance to God. This just makes the Bible sound discriminatory. A man is not God. So, a man should not ever be considered perfect. No man is. So, why would a man be put in control of a woman when he might make mistakes, mistreat her, misinform her or misunderstand the woman even unintentionally? Something is very wrong with all of this. My personal view is that women were already being discriminated against before any part of the Bible was written. So, women were usually kept illiterate and not allowed to participate in writing the Books of the Bible. God loves women as much as men. God does not believe in inequality for anyone. God loves everyone equally.

If you check, you will find that the New Testament Gospel authors were not who are named. The apostles did not actually write the Books. Their names were added later. And the Gospel of Mark didn't even have Jesus resurrected. The ending was written in later. Although I find a lot of positives in the New Testament, I know that it is not all divinely inspired. That would be wonderful if it was true but, unfortunately, man will never be perfect and, so, will never write perfectly what God instructs. Only God is perfect.