• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At Last, A Christian Comes Up With Some Good, Helpful Advice For Godly Women

Skwim

Veteran Member

"Christian Mom: Godly Wives Must Lose Weight if Their Husbands Call Them Fat"

TO NOTE: The following does not agree.

"Conservative blogger Lori Alexander has a gift for taking ordinary things and twisting them into something shameful. She despises wives who don’t have sex with their husbands whenever he wants it (“How long does it take?!”). She thinks paid leave is bad for America since it rewards women who work outside the home. And she insists all men only want women who are debt-free virgins with no tattoos.

Her latest take is on eating, and how women who eat too much really have no respect for the men in their lives.

How would you respond if your husband one day looked at you and said, “You’re eating too much. You need to lose weight”? Most women would be highly offended and angry with their husbands. Some would even tell him that it’s none of their business and they shouldn’t ask them to do this. Then they would go to their friends and tell them how unreasonable their husbands are.

Is this the godly wife’s response? No. A godly wife would tell her husband that she will stop eating so much and begin to lose weight since she knows that when she obeys her husband, she is obeying God. Even if it offends her sensibilities, she would keep her emotions under control, respond to her husband’s request with respect, and go about eating less and losing weight.
That entire exchange is the sign of a healthy relationship, said no psychologist ever."
source

"Shameful"? "Despises wives"? Christian husbands are doing both their wives and themselves a favor. Being a fat, godly wife is not only repulsive but unhealthy.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

TO NOTE: The following doesn't agree.

"Conservative blogger Lori Alexander has a gift for taking ordinary things and twisting them into something shameful. She despises wives who don’t have sex with their husbands whenever he wants it (“How long does it take?!”). She thinks paid leave is bad for America since it rewards women who work outside the home. And she insists all men only want women who are debt-free virgins with no tattoos.

Her latest take is on eating, and how women who eat too much really have no respect for the men in their lives.

How would you respond if your husband one day looked at you and said, “You’re eating too much. You need to lose weight”? Most women would be highly offended and angry with their husbands. Some would even tell him that it’s none of their business and they shouldn’t ask them to do this. Then they would go to their friends and tell them how unreasonable their husbands are.

Is this the godly wife’s response? No. A godly wife would tell her husband that she will stop eating so much and begin to lose weight since she knows that when she obeys her husband, she is obeying God. Even if it offends her sensibilities, she would keep her emotions under control, respond to her husband’s request with respect, and go about eating less and losing weight.
That entire exchange is the sign of a healthy relationship, said no psychologist ever.
source
"Shameful"? "Despises wives"? Christian husbands are doing both their wives and themselves a favor. Being a fat, godly wife is not only repulsive but unhealthy.

Do you continually scour the net for examples of particularly loopy Christians?
I begin to sense some hostility to them.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
She despises wives who don’t have sex with their husbands whenever he wants it (“How long does it take?!”).

Ahhh! So she's got that kind of a husband.
So she may never have been to heaven yet, after all.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Just like being a fat godly husband is the future of christian america.
Yup! Even though women are still ahead.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yup! Even though women are still ahead.

Can i rewrite that more accurately for you please?

Yup! Even though American women are still ahead.

Interesting chart, i didn't know "adults" was a 3rd gender ;-)

ecco

Veteran Member

I find nothing wrong with what she says.

Lori Alexander wants Christian women to behave the way the Bible instructs. If, to paraphrase Herr Trump, they don't like it, they can change religions. Perhaps they would be happier being a Wiccan or a Satanist.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Can i rewrite that more accurately for you please?

Yup! Even though American women are still ahead.

Interesting chart, i didn't know "adults" was a 3rd gender ;-)
Yeah, you're right, "American women."

Looking into the study figures for 2015-2016 where the percentage of obese women was 41.1 % and the percentage of obese men was 37.9% the average was 39.6%, as depicted by the green line.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
She is extremely homophobic, like Michele Bachmann levels of homophobia. She tweets against gays and gay marriage a lot and keeps stressing how it is so important to her to keep her husband...kind of makes me wonder why.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
She is extremely homophobic, like Michele Bachmann levels of homophobia. She tweets against gays and gay marriage a lot and keeps stressing how it is so important to her to keep her husband...kind of makes me wonder why.

Perhaps he has something that very few husband's have
sense of humour

Skwim

Veteran Member
I find nothing wrong with what she says.
Nope, Particularly in light of:

Ephesians 5:22
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.

Colossians 3:18
Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.

1 Peter 3:1-22
Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands,

Ephesians 5:22-24
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

1 Corinthians 11:3
But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.

1 Peter 3:1
Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives,

It all sounds good to me.

secretary---maggie-gyllenhaal.jpg
Secretary-saddle.jpg

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Nope, Particularly in light of:

Ephesians 5:22
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.

Colossians 3:18
Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.

1 Peter 3:1-22
Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands,

Ephesians 5:22-24
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

1 Corinthians 11:3
But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.

1 Peter 3:1
Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives,

It all sounds good to me.

secretary---maggie-gyllenhaal.jpg
Secretary-saddle.jpg

Bit confusing for my husband and I however. We can't figure out who is supposed to submit, so we work together for our mutual benefit. I know, it's not biblical, but hey, it works for us.