• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At a crossroads

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I grew up with ghost stories and came from a town with a lot of them. I fathom it started with people claiming to see the ghosts of those killed by passing through gangs, before I was born and a long time ago when such was more common. I kind of felt a connection, good or bad, to the spirit world for awhile, for that reason and many, many others. I don't want a connection to it any more, but I'd be happy with settling for a cautious additional study or two along the way, which could still lead to some fascination with the subject.

The problem? Over the years, it's not a straight curve, but I think I've become more liberal. I'm working on expanding my education again and studying subjects like law and IT stuff. I additionally feel that with being more liberal, comes a slightly different outlook on life, of making sense of the world in a more science-y, modern way, typically. And any fascination with ghosts may just kill my time and get in the way of that.

If there are any times I've ever felt embarrassed on the forum, it was talking about and telling my experiences and speculating on the subject of the paranormal. Not sure what it is that makes me feel anxious about it. Maybe I regret coming off pretty sure of myself about such subjects, but I tried to tell my thoughts at least, even if random, and I guess it is quite the way to make an entrance.

And before you think that my town is normal and I'm just the one crazy, well, my town has a Jesus tree:

images.jpeg-1.jpg

sealchan

I grew up with ghost stories and came from a town with a lot of them. I fathom it started with people claiming to see the ghosts of those killed by passing through gangs, before I was born and a long time ago when such was more common. I kind of felt a connection, good or bad, to the spirit world for awhile, for that reason and many, many others. I don't want a connection to it any more, but I'd be happy with settling for a cautious additional study or two along the way, which could still lead to some fascination with the subject.

The problem? Over the years, it's not a straight curve, but I think I've become more liberal. I'm working on expanding my education again and studying subjects like law and IT stuff. I additionally feel that with being more liberal, comes a slightly different outlook on life, of making sense of the world in a more science-y, modern way, typically. And any fascination with ghosts may just kill my time and get in the way of that.

If there are any times I've ever felt embarrassed on the forum, it was talking about and telling my experiences and speculating on the subject of the paranormal. Not sure what it is that makes me feel anxious about it. Maybe I regret coming off pretty sure of myself about such subjects, but I tried to tell my thoughts at least, even if random, and I guess it is quite the way to make an entrance.

And before you think that my town is normal and I'm just the one crazy, well, my town has a Jesus tree:

View attachment 38601

I wouldn't discourage one from pursuing any topic that they feel called to. The more I've read or the more browsing I do in Amazon book store or YouTube, the more I find my way toward those who approach a topic with intelligence and a broad perspective who then become the best teacher for me in my introduction to that topic. Sometimes I end up rejecting what they say...but more often I find some piece of that adds to another piece of something else...and it all adds up gradually, imperceptibly to that which grows in me as the most meaningful and humble path toward greater knowledge that I could have had the strength to endure and appreciate.

Nimos

If there are any times I've ever felt embarrassed on the forum, it was talking about and telling my experiences and speculating on the subject of the paranormal.
I wouldn't worry to much, just keep remind yourself that there are actually people out there that believe the Earth is flat. At least no one can disproof the paranormal :p