• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Astral projection and afterlife

CupCake233

This will sound a little silly, but please take my question seriously.

Despite the fact that I was born in a catholic family, I would say that my religious views would be closest to agnosticism. I've been wondering for a while, if there is a way to find out wether there is some sort of afterlife, and not too long ago I've heard about astral projection.

I do not want to discuss here wether the astral projection is real or not, but I am wondering, if it would turn out to be real, should I actually attempt it? Last time I've tried to do astral projection I was interrupted. Just as I felt I was close to succeeding, another family member who was sleeping in another room started screaming. It could have been a coincidence, but my family doesn't usually talk while asleep. It happens, but rarely. Which makes me wonder: maybe there is some sort of god, and he doesn't want me to succeed? Maybe I am not supposed to find out about the afterlife until I die?

If someone could give me an advice, I would be really grateful.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Which makes me wonder: maybe there is some sort of god, and he doesn't want me to succeed? Maybe I am not supposed to find out about the afterlife until I die?
Why would God not want you to astral project?
It's most likely coincidence. Keep trying. Who knows, maybe you'll get somewhere. :)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
If someone could give me an advice, I would be really grateful.
I can give you a bit of advice. Since you are considering this to be "astral projection" you have to understand how much your beliefs about reality come into play. It is quite possible to exist outside of your physical body, though it is not something that the average person usually considers, let alone does.

All you need to know at this point is if you are lucky and the "older and wiser" aspect of your being thinks you are up to it, you will get out and see the world. You've already planted the seed. Let it grow and don't be too worried about what awaits.

The only proviso is if you believe in good and evil, you are simply not ready to embark on such adventures. Implicit belief in such preconceived notions will neuter the possibility of said experiences.

CupCake233

Well, it's not about astral projection being "good" or "evil". I just thought that maybe there is some sort of God, who wants me to prove that I am worthy of whatever awaits after death, by enduring the thought that there may not be anything after death at all. If I successfully projected, I would definetly belive in afterlife, and therefore I wouldn't be afraid of death nearly as much as I am afraid of it now.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Well, it's not about astral projection being "good" or "evil". I just thought that maybe there is some sort of God, who wants me to prove that I am worthy of whatever awaits after death, by enduring the thought that there may not be anything after death at all. If I successfully projected, I would definetly belive in afterlife, and therefore I wouldn't be afraid of death nearly as much as I am afraid of it now.
Why would God care that you'd astral projected?
Not all God-concepts are so.. touchy over such things.

Go astral project. Enjoy it. Come back.

Me Myself

Back to my username

Everyone´s path is different.

If you truly feel God doesn´t want you to do this ask him for guidance into the best way to manage the situation.

Maybe you do should attempt it but not in this time of your life, oir maybe you weren´t ready cause yuo needed more research in protections. I don´t know.

I do think is perfectly posible that it is a sign, I do think you need to contemplate different ways to interprete it and most that any, be silent for while after asking God what does it mean. Don´t have an answer prior asking, just ask him and be silent for as long as you can until you feel you understand.

hopefuly you feel more guided after it.

however it goes: Luck, and Godbless. :)