• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask your question about Labor Unions

Debunker

Jesus said it was.

Mark 10 (niv)

21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!”

24 The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, “Children, how hard it is[e] to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

I am a Christian and you are not. I say that I know the scripures better than you and I say you pervert the scriptures in order to make Christians accept a philosophy of submission to evil. The scripture message supports capitalism and the enemies of true wealth use these scripture of kindness and sharing of wealth to weaken our stand against evil. If you use these verses to support the union, you do make a great mistake and the great deception is that you know you are in great error.

Wannabe Yogi

Gandhi would be correct but the fact is, it is reality, no government has successfully lived up to Gandhi's belief. The clossts any government has come to Gandhi's belief is the capitalist USA.

I love America but there is always room for improvement. As the greatest country I don't know about that. There are many good countries Canada, Costa Rica, New Zealand, all the Scandinavian states. Each with their own positive points. I will give you this. America is the most ethical superpower that ever existed. Still we have done many bad things in the name of freedom.

Last edited:

Wannabe Yogi

If you use these verses to support the union, you do make a great mistake and the great deception is that you know you are in great error.

No, I am not using the Bible to support unions Jesus had bigger fish to fry.
I also don't believe that all rich people are evil. It must be said that being rich is hard because it is difficult not to be greedy and materialistic living in wealth. Again this has nothing to do with unions.

Debunker

It seems that capitalism created the material wealth necessary for a large middle class to arise in America. But it also seems that it was the worker's movements, usually led by the unions, that seized the opportunity created by capitalism and -- more than the capitalists themselves -- forged the large middle class we used to have in this country. Of course, it has been the capitalists who, according to Warren Buffett, began a class war against the American middle class, and who have largely succeeded in gutting the middle class.

You must have been absent from the USA for the last 65 years or you walk about with your eyes closed. No body says the unions have not been necessary for the growth of the middle class but it is un-American when the union can effectively thwart the will of the majority of the middle class. Most of America is the middle class and to attempt to make the middle class as the union is a lie.

You have to be of a simple persuasion to believe that the middle class has been gutted. One can not drive through this country and view all the wealth of the middle class and maintain the opinion of Warren Buffett. Please note that his adventure in wealth through wind power has been the latest liberal failure in economic pursits. You certainly pick a very weak representative to claim to have the seccret to wealth of the middle class. You probably would like to elect Buffett president so he could wast our time and money in far fetched ideas of economic reform.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Most of America is the middle class and to attempt to make the middle class as the union is a lie.

You're putting words in my mouth, Debunker. I won't forget it.

You have to be of a simple persuasion to believe that the middle class has been gutted. One can not drive through this country and view all the wealth of the middle class and maintain the opinion of Warren Buffett. Please note that his adventure in wealth through wind power has been the latest liberal failure in economic pursits. You certainly pick a very weak representative to claim to have the seccret to wealth of the middle class. You probably would like to elect Buffett president so he could wast our time and money in far fetched ideas of economic reform.

I'm sorry. Did you fart? Or was that just your way of attempting to form a serious opinion?

Given a choice between believing Warren Buffett, and believing the word of some random Fox Viewer on the internet, I think I'll go with Warren. When you know as much as he does, you can have my respect too.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
You miss the point. You can be a union member and still put your country first. You don't have to be un-American to belong to the union. But, the union bosses do everything they can to eliminate the private vote so that any American stand for freedom can be identified. If you are a member of the union and you ever vote against any policy of the union, the union wants to know about it. That is the union's idea of freedom.
I am curious - how many unions have you had membership in?

Debunker

You're putting words in my mouth, Debunker. I won't forget it.

I'm sorry. Did you fart? Or was that just your way of attempting to form a serious opinion?

Given a choice between believing Warren Buffett, and believing the word of some random Fox Viewer on the internet, I think I'll go with Warren. When you know as much as he does, you can have my respect too.
I am not putting words in your mouth. I am simply diagramming your sentences so we can see actually what you are saying. Rush taught me how to do this. Do you expect to say anything you want on a debate thread and no be taken to account of what you say? Nobody is that powerful or that precious.

And, what's with the threats/ I am your friend and I do respect your opinions.
I just disagree with you. Is that not the type of debate you want with the conservative point of view? Your truth is only as good as the smell of farts (your words) as you make them. If you can not defend your point of view, you should consider my point of view. Rush, Fox, and I will lead you to the promised land.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I Rush, Fox, and I will lead you to the promised land.

I believe you, Debunker! You, Rush, and Fox are my messiahs. For I have seen with my own eyes how each of you has many times performed miraculous deeds -- such as quite often walking on the surface of bull manure, or turning the precious wine of sweet reason into water, even suspending the very realities most of us are compelled to live by, and other such marvels as have lead me to believe you must be my saviors. Would it be too forward of me to call you, "The Trinity"?

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I am not putting words in your mouth. I am simply diagramming your sentences so we can see actually what you are saying. Rush taught me how to do this. Do you expect to say anything you want on a debate thread and no be taken to account of what you say? Nobody is that powerful or that precious.

I don't forget.

Gloone

So, it's OK for employers to have a monopoly over their workers, but the workers have no recourse when their employer imposes egregious workong conditions on them?
No, that is why they are stupid and pointless to begin with. They belong in the 19th & 20th century and are only suitable for developing countries where the demand for labor and production is high. They don't belong in the 21st century of America, they are out-dated and well past what they are worth. Just like the union where those people were caught smoking dope and drinking outside a car factory. They probably get payed a lot of money for doing nothing and chances are don't deserve the money they make. Just give their jobs to people that actually deserve them if a union worker goes on strike then they should just find another job instead of holding their company hostage. Sounds like something a 3 year old would do when their mom tells them they can't have a cookie.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I am a Christian and you are not. I say that I know the scripures better than you and I say you pervert the scriptures in order to make Christians accept a philosophy of submission to evil. The scripture message supports capitalism and the enemies of true wealth use these scripture of kindness and sharing of wealth to weaken our stand against evil. If you use these verses to support the union, you do make a great mistake and the great deception is that you know you are in great error.
roflmao.gif

A

angellous_evangellous

That's a hefty claim.

I think that Christians can be mislead into hating their neighbor and their freedom by embracing destructive political ideologies, including (but not limited to) neo-conservativism. Sometimes Christians will highjack Scripture to support this view, sometimes they have the good sense not to.

Christians can also embrace the message of the NT, which is (in our political system) more conducive to helping our fellow man in the context of liberty rather than exploiting him and degrading ourselves with policies that encourage the destruction of our neighbor, whether by starving him, withholding basic rights, or denying him access to healthcare.... or even worse, ripping his body apart through illegal and aggressive wars.