• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask the atheist

Nirvana

I`m not a ``hardcore`` atheist. I`m a spiritual atheist. I live my life as if there is no God. I do,however, believe that spiritual experiences are real, they just dont involve God. You can call me a pantheist too. I`ll answer all of your questions, shoot!!

Nirvana

By spiritual experiences, I`m not talking of paranormal experiences, I`m talking about meditations and stuffs. Sometimes it gets too intense. Well, its quite the same experience you get if you`re on acid ;)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I`m not a ``hardcore`` atheist. I`m a spiritual atheist. I live my life as if there is no God. I do,however, believe that spiritual experiences are real, they just dont involve God. You can call me a pantheist too. I`ll answer all of your questions, shoot!!

You believe in deities though you just don't interact with them as a part of your spiritual experiences?

Nirvana

You believe in deities though you just don't interact with them as a part of your spiritual experiences?
Nah! I dont believe in deities but I have no problem with performing harmless rituals or going to churches, temples, mosques etc. I`m obsessed with religion but I dont believe in it. I`m more into philosophy, you can say.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Nah! I dont believe in deities but I have no problem with performing harmless rituals or going to churches, temples, mosques etc. I`m obsessed with religion but I dont believe in it. I`m more into philosophy, you can say.

What is a pantheist to you?

How do you define god?

Nirvana

What is a pantheist to you?

How do you define god?
]
Pantheist is anyone who has a weakness towards nature. If you have a soft spot towards Thoreau, emerson or Whitman, then you`re a pantheist. The pantheist God exists just in a metaphorical sense. The whole universe is God. As Richard Dawkins points out pantheism is ``sexed-up`` atheism.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
]
Pantheist is anyone who has a weakness towards nature. If you have a soft spot towards Thoreau, emerson or Whitman, then you`re a pantheist. The pantheist God exists just in a metaphorical sense. The whole universe is God. As Richard Dawkins points out pantheism is ``sexed-up`` atheism.

Naw. Pantheist believe in god. It's more like watered down theism. :p (I am a pantheist and animist)

Nirvana

Naw. Pantheist believe in god. It's more like watered down theism. :p (I am a pantheist and animist)
Nah! There are theists and atheists in the pantheistic community. Pantheism is more like a worship of nature. THose who like nature are pantheists. The pantheistic God however isn`t personal.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Nah! There are theists and atheists in the pantheistic community. Pantheism is more like a worship of nature. THose who like nature are pantheists. The pantheistic God however isn`t personal.

Deist god isn't personal, though Deists are theists :)

Though pantheism, how I see it, means everything and everyone is god (energy/life).

To me, it just means everything and everyone has a part in each other's "creation", living, and dying to be born and live again. I'd assume there are naturalistic pantheist. Those who do not see the supernatural part of god in everything yet believe something is connecting everything together at the same time. I wouldn't call it god though.

Why call it god? Do you worship nature?

Nirvana

Deist god isn't personal, though Deists are theists :)

Though pantheism, how I see it, means everything and everyone is god (energy/life).

To me, it just means everything and everyone has a part in each other's "creation", living, and dying to be born and live again. I'd assume there are naturalistic pantheist. Those who do not see the supernatural part of god in everything yet believe something is connecting everything together at the same time. I wouldn't call it god though.

Why call it god? Do you worship nature?
I revere nature. There`s no way to worship it. You can check out that link, I think it explains it

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Do you believe in any type of continued existence after death?

Treks

It may help if you explain a bit about how someone can be an atheist and a pantheist at the same time.

Last edited: