• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me any bible related question!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A follower: Someone who is devoted to a person, cause, or activity.

So? Does disciple mean someone who is devoted to Jesus?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am asking because most people say that a disciple of Jesus is someone who makes more disciples. If that is true then the person is dedicated to the making of disciples which isn't actually the same thing as being devoted to Jesus. @anonymous9887

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Feel free to ask me about the theology of scripture, manuscripts, life biggest questions, alleged contradictions, context of passages etc... I dont know everything but I like to hear the objections and the difficult questions and problems people have with scripture. Please provide the references if possible, and any relevant evidence.

If the bible said jesus' sacrifice was unconditional, why make the conditions by which ones a person can only be saved?

Does scripture defines god's nature?

God is spirit. What is a spirit?

God is love. Love is a trait of, or from a person, not the person itself

God is s creator. This explains his role not who he is as spirit.

God is jesus. If jesus is god, who/what is the creator?

How does the death of someone over 2,000 years ago literally save someone today? (Especially if salvation only comes through christ and no one else)

How does a person's death bring life? (Whats the logistics behind it)

If faith saves and not anything visual, what role does christ literal crucifixtion play in respects we dont need to see christ in order to have faith in him?

Synene

Have you ever seen the bible in the light of other relevant scriptures?? the holy quran which is again an absolutely authentic source of information about the storries of the prophets of god. for those that were having doubts about the proof of existence or authenticity of the story of moses can refer the verses with the clear naration of the storries, JFYI

Bellow is the
Quote from the Holy Qur'an: Al-Baqara (2:51)

وَإِذْ وَاعَدْنَا مُوسَىٰ أَرْبَعِينَ لَيْلَةً ثُمَّ اتَّخَذْتُمُ الْعِجْلَ مِنْ بَعْدِهِ وَأَنْتُمْ ظَالِمُونَ

veiẕ vâ`adnâ mûsâ erbe`îne leyleten ŝümme-tteḫaẕtümü-l`icle mim ba`dihî veentüm żâlimûn.

"And when We did appoint for Moses forty nights (of solitude), and then ye chose the calf, when he had gone from you, and were wrong-doers."

Muslim Pro for iPhone and Android

Last edited:

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I dont know everything but I like to hear the objections and the difficult questions and problems people have with scripture.
Why is scripture considered the most reliable way to know God, considering the fact language and its usage is very much culturally dependent in no small factor, and the cultures they were written in are literally dead to us today, so we have no way of truly thinking like a person did in their culture 2000 plus years ago. Add to this the difficulties of translation from one language to another. Add to this, how each individual interprets what they read will vary with each individual, and change as well over one's own lifetime.

These and other factors makes something on the level of communicating "God's Will" to us a quite shaky, and unreliable means for God to speak to us, wouldn't you say? Is there some other way to know God than relying on this means to help you understand Truth? Something not dependent on such unreliable means of communication that the big questions of life are more accessible than relying on scholars and translators to interpret what they think it means for us? Something we don't need specialized training to interpret ancient documents in order to know God? Does one even need scriptures in order to know God?

anonymous9887

bible reader
Interesting order, but perhaps we'll get to that later ...

Kudos. I'm impressed.

So, by "Ask me any bible related question" you really meant "Ask me any bible related questions that I deem important"?
You could ask me, and I will take a look at them and we could discuss them. I don’t know everything and I didn’t claim to. Most people on this forum do a lot of research from what I have seen, so as far as I am concerned I am learning and these questions will go in my database.

anonymous9887

bible reader
OK, I could give you hundreds if not thousands, but for starters, how about this: why is Judas going to hell since God used him to carry out his plan of getting Jesus crucified and saving humanity? Without Judas, there's no betrayal, no crucifixion, and thus no salvation of humanity, yet the bible says he's going to hell.
1. First of all hell just to clarify is a condition of non existence.
2. Jehovah god showed Judas the full effect of God 1st hand and still decided to betray innocent blood. Judas was a person that had a bad heart from the get go and no matter what god did Judas would choose his own wicked ways, so if god chooses to use a non repentant sinner for his purpose then it’s not gods fault, because at the same time god showed him so much and gave him the opportunity at repentance, but no matter what Judas would choose to deny it out of his own free will. I would also say it would be more on the god allowed Judas to do what he did than god sending Judas to betray Jesus.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You could ask me, and I will take a look at them and we could discuss them. I don’t know everything and I didn’t claim to. Most people on this forum do a lot of research from what I have seen, so as far as I am concerned I am learning and these questions will go in my database.

A helpful hint. The Bible may be able to be defended, but only if one does not read it literally and make rather ridiculous claims such as "No contradictions". As you can see by our short Tyre prophecy discussion by defending that prophecy one ends up lowering it to the equivalent of a prophecy that "You will see a red car tomorrow". The same applies if you try to defend the clearly mythical parts of the Bible such as Genesis and even Exodus. It is better to rely on those a morality tales rather than literal truth. Some people have asked you some deeper questions lately that will take some more thought and it is best not to get weighed down by the inconsequential.

anonymous9887

bible reader
A helpful hint. The Bible may be able to be defended, but only if one does not read it literally and make rather ridiculous claims such as "No contradictions". As you can see by our short Tyre prophecy discussion by defending that prophecy one ends up lowering it to the equivalent of a prophecy that "You will see a red car tomorrow". The same applies if you try to defend the clearly mythical parts of the Bible such as Genesis and even Exodus. It is better to rely on those a morality tales rather than literal truth. Some people have asked you some deeper questions lately that will take some more thought and it is best not to get weighed down by the inconsequential.
I love this stuff. I can talk about theology and the Bible all day. I can’t express it anymore than I love this stuff. The Torah has really good information
1. Animals created according to their kinds
2. Life is in the blood
3. Hand washing
4. The dimensions of the ark are accurate
5. The Israelite diet
6. Quarantine
7. What to do with the crap
8. Washing after touching a dead body
9. Jonah 2:6 mountains in the sea
10. The Bible is consistent with genetics

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I love this stuff. I can talk about theology and the Bible all day. I can express it anymore than I love this stuff. The Torah has really good information
1. Animals created according to their kinds
2. Life is in the blood
3. Hand washing
4. The dimensions of the ark are accurate
5. The Israelite diet
6. Quarantine
7. What to do with the crap
8. Washing after touching a dead body
9. Jonah 2:6 mountains in the sea
10. The Bible is consistent with genetics

There is a mixture of errors on your part there. Some of those are obvious. Some of those are reinterpretations after the fact. And Jesus himself thought that hand washing did not matter.

And how can the dimensions of the ark be "accurate" when there never was a flood of Noah? You are getting hung up on the small points where the Bible is quite often wrong and not focusing on the main questions that others asked you.

anonymous9887

bible reader
If the bible said jesus' sacrifice was unconditional, why make the conditions by which ones a person can only be saved?

Does scripture defines god's nature?

God is spirit. What is a spirit?

God is love. Love is a trait of, or from a person, not the person itself

God is s creator. This explains his role not who he is as spirit.

God is jesus. If jesus is god, who/what is the creator?

How does the death of someone over 2,000 years ago literally save someone today? (Especially if salvation only comes through christ and no one else)

How does a person's death bring life? (Whats the logistics behind it)

If faith saves and not anything visual, what role does christ literal crucifixtion play in respects we dont need to see christ in order to have faith in him?
1. Where can you find a reference that says it is unconditional? We can’t earn salvation because we have a debt that we can’t pay. But when we accept Jesus sacrifice we become a new creation that is appreciative of the sacrifice provided. It takes faith in god and in Jesus sacrifice to obtain salvation, and faith is demonstrated by our works. Not that our works save us but the faith that shows we trust in god.
There is a mixture of errors on your part there. Some of those are obvious. Some of those are reinterpretations after the fact. And Jesus himself thought that hand washing did not matter.

And how can the dimensions of the ark be "accurate" when there never was a flood of Noah? You are getting hung up on the small points where the Bible is quite often wrong and not focusing on the main questions that others asked you.
people have tested out the dimensions provided of the ark. The Septuagint dates back to the 2nd century BC so the information was at least that old. How could the dimensions Work if there was no flood, how would a person back then know those dimensions would hold up? Jesus didn’t say hand washing didn’t matter. Jesus was constantly correcting the Pharisees because they focused on fixing the outside of the person and following the lighter things of the law. When in reality it’s the person on the inside that matters most. For instance what good is you washing your hands if you are defiling your neighbors wife?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
1. Where can you find a reference that says it is unconditional? We can’t earn salvation because we have a debt that we can’t pay. But when we accept Jesus sacrifice we become a new creation that is appreciative of the sacrifice provided. It takes faith in god and in Jesus sacrifice to obtain salvation, and faith is demonstrated by our works. Not that our works save us but the faith that shows we trust in god.

people have tested out the dimensions provided of the ark. The Septuagint dates back to the 2nd century BC so the information was at least that old. How could the dimensions Work if there was no flood, how would a person back then know those dimensions would hold up? Jesus didn’t say hand washing didn’t matter. Jesus was constantly correcting the Pharisees because they focused on fixing the outside of the person and following the lighter things of the law. When in reality it’s the person on the inside that matters most. For instance what good is you washing your hands if you are defiling your neighbors wife?
Find a valid source that supports your claims about the dimensions. That means one independent of the Noah's Ark myth. And to believe the Noah's Ark myth one has to be rather lacking in science education. The story has been refuted a million times over yet desperate Christians still cling to it. Trust me, it is better to deal with it as a morality tale. The Bible in no part of it claims to be literally true. Why put a false strain on the Bible that it cannot support?

anonymous9887

bible reader
Find a valid source that supports your claims about the dimensions. That means one independent of the Noah's Ark myth. And to believe the Noah's Ark myth one has to be rather lacking in science education. The story has been refuted a million times over yet desperate Christians still cling to it. Trust me, it is better to deal with it as a morality tale. The Bible in no part of it claims to be literally true. Why put a false strain on the Bible that it cannot support?
I have heard both sides, and I believe that it can hold up. I like to get to the root of an issue. Give me the one hitter quitter on Noah’s ask. The irrefutable argument. I will look for it, but I have seen it.

anonymous9887

bible reader
Research different articles and many atheist scientists would agree it would float, but other factors they find impossible. None the less the dimensions are accurate.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have heard both sides, and I believe that it can hold up. I like to get to the root of an issue. Give me the one hitter quitter on Noah’s ask. The irrefutable argument. I will look for it, but I have seen it.

That is only due to a lack of education on your part. If you have the time here is a series that refutes the myth from eight different perspectives. This is only the first:

Of course an easy question is:

Does ice float in your world? The icecaps at both Greenland and Antarctica are hundreds of thousands of years old. They would have been destroyed in a world wide flood.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Research different articles and many atheist scientists would agree it would float, but other factors they find impossible. None the less the dimensions are accurate.

It does not matter if it would float. Almost any boat will float. You need to show that it could stand up to the worst storms every seen on Earth when a smaller wooden boat could not handle standard seas even with modern reinforcements. And that is only one small piece of evidence that tells us that there was no flood.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
It does not matter if it would float. Almost any boat will float. You need to show that it could stand up to the worst storms every seen on Earth when a smaller wooden boat could not handle standard seas even with modern reinforcements. And that is only one small piece of evidence that tells us that there was no flood.

Thank you. Very interesting. 30 years ago I read the Bible. Now I read Noah part again and I'm surprised that I didn't use my brains that time "Whole earth flooded with water and covered 150 days". Very strange raindrops when temperature is -90 degrees Celsius and 2 km thick ice in antarctic. Even if God poured boiling water all the ice would not melt I think.

So Noah story not accurate makes it easy to believe all other prophecies probably also just stories. Anyway many people believed in flat earth at that time. They had no clue at all. So "all earth flooded" just meant maybe "as far as they could see it was raining". I also used to exaggerate when I was young and gullible. So would not surprise me others were as well, esp. 2000 years ago.

If Bible is so far away from the truth, then Koran probably also [maybe 10% less off-track; being younger]. And Hindu scriptures also. All scriptures probable. Even science still not 100% sure about all stuff, and keeps big margins. Internet for sure is full of "fake data". So I better stick to Advaita Self-Enquiry. "Who Am I" and stop gathering all Data about scriptures that is proven false some time later.

Thanks @Subduction Zone: for making it so obvious, with the links you gave. Very enlightening about "The False", not yet about "The Truth". But staying clear from "The False" is a good first step I believe. I loved your little clip with all the "contradicting verses". Now I will see the Noah-clip.

Thanks a lot for sharing all your hard google-work/study. Very useful. I better just remember the essence in a few words. Very nice you gave this on "Whit Monday". Solves ALL my questions regarding the Bible.

Last edited: