• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Asian supremacist groups?

Marble

Rolling Marble
White supremacist groups are well known, I was interested to find out about black supremacy and found this.
What I could not find so far are asian supremacy groups.
Don't they exist?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Unfortunately, yes. Any ethnocentricity taken to an unreasonable level. Doesn't have to be race. Can be occupation, language, nationality, etc. I mean very unreasonable ... us versus them mentality. This is us. The rest is 'them'. Like George said. "You're either with us, or yore agin us."

Last edited:

Splarnst

I don't know about supremacy, but there is plenty of xenophobia in Japan and organized groups wanting all foreigners to leave.

Marble

Rolling Marble
I don't know about supremacy, but there is plenty of xenophobia in Japan and organized groups wanting all foreigners to leave.
Really?
Never heard of this.
There are not many foreigners living in Japan, are there?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Asians... They seem to be more peaceful, just observing the others fighting, in their mind laughing, in their body meditating...

At least most of them. I'm sure they learned they were not superior and should not try to act superior because they were slaved before. This is why black supremacy is rare, though it does exist.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Okay: Has anyone heard of Japanese/Chinese/Indian supremacy?
During World War II Japan had an ideology of supremacy, not sure about the Chinese.

I think in the context of nationalism, as mentioned earlier, in reference to Japan. Other than that I haven't run across any specific references to such things aside from the ever present beliefs, biases, etc. existent within all countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay: Has anyone heard of Japanese/Chinese/Indian supremacy?
During World War II Japan had an ideology of supremacy, not sure about the Chinese.

In China there is a concept of Han Chauvinism/Han privilege/Sinocentrism where the majority ethnic group, the Han Chinese are considered superior to the ethnic minorities. It's especially the case in Chinese-occupied Tibet where Tibetans are considered second or third class citizens.

Sinocentrism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since it "Han chauvinism/Han privilege/Sinocentrism" is basically the de-facto policy of the Chinese government (in the same way which White privilege is a de-facto policy of the American government), I guess you could consider the Chinese Communist Party as promoting "Asian supremacy".

Since it "Han chauvinism/Han privilege/Sinocentrism" is basically the de-facto policy of the Chinese government (in the same way which White privilege is a de-facto policy of the American government), I guess you could consider the Chinese Communist Party as promoting "Asian supremacy".

You don't mean to tell me that you also think that the U.S. government promotes "White supremacy" do you?

If anything, there are isolated incidents of anti-white discrimination that come from the government.

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster

:yes: I haven't heard much about the Uyghur uprising lately have you?

In India a huge political force is a rising Hindu nationalism which certainly comes from ideals of racial superiority. I can't name one of these groups off-hand, they all have acronyms like KBG or GRC, etc. You often see them mentioned in news articles about racial/tribal/religious (often going hand-in-hand) tensions within India, though rarely by name.

Last edited: