• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Asatruarfelagid getting hate mail

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I'm not exactly sure, but this site seems to get referred to often. She seems to have a pretty good handle on the Viking Age...

Viking Answer Lady Webpage - Daily Life In Viking Age Scandinavia Page
Viking Answer Lady Webpage - Homosexuality in Viking Scandinavia

Well, if it does, there's a part that I'd bet the people promoting the idea that Vikings were against homosexuality may have missed:

It must be remembered, however, that the laws and sagas reflect the Christian consciousness of the Icelander or Norwegian of the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries, well after the pagan period.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were once more stories and remembered accounts of same-sex activity among Gods and people, that got systematically erased during Christianization. Personally, I have every intention of telling stories of the Gods, particularly Frey and Freya, getting involved in same-sex relationships and activities.

Last edited: