• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As tornadoes pummel the American South, and 100s are killed/hurt, are all our RF members safe?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I remember that! I was living just west of Copperas Cove (just outside city limits) when that storm came through. It missed the area I was living in but I remember the damage, parts of Killeen were without power for several days if I remember correctly.

OMG that's crazy. Small world - we had just moved FROM Copperas Cove onto post when that tornado came through. In fact, I remember distinctly the weather alert saying, "The tornado just touched down in Copperas Cove and is moving 40 mph toward Killeen/Fort Hood." I remember thinking, "****, that's 8 minutes away!" My back patio faced Copperas Cove and I stood in the doorway with my mouth wide open (and my kids in the bathtub with pillows piled on top of them and my cat wailing upstairs - he wouldn't let me catch him) till a lawn chair flew up and nearly hit me in the face - then I joined the kids in the bathroom!