• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As in the days of Noah...

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No one knows the day or the hour but you can tell the time is near from what God says the last days will be like.

Matthew 24:5-8 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Luke 21:25 “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

2 Timothy 3:1-5 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

Most people I think, will say it's been like that since time began.

How do you tell the difference?

k4c

Most people I think, will say it's been like that since time began.

How do you tell the difference?

The last days began when Jesus came the first time. Since then we have seen a steady decline of faith, weather conditions are crazy, wars and rumors of war, diseases, hunger, evil being called good and so much more. Just in the last 50 years we've see a huge moral decline in those who stand for morality. These are surely signs.

jojom

There are different kinds of slavery/servant. Sometimes the word, slavery and servant are interchangeable but they carry two different thoughts. To be a servant in a home of one who was well off was a desirable thing in those days.
Think any of this: purchasing people, treating them as property

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)​

selling them, freeing them

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)​

striking them, and treating them as property

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)​

are the working conditions of servants? If so then then servants are nothing but slaves.

JoStories

Matthew 24:36-39 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Right before Jesus comes back the whole world will be like it was in the days of Noah. Here is what it was like in the days of Noah.

Genesis 6:5-9 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.” But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

Since the fall of man God had a plan to reconcile and restore His creation. God’s plan would be resisted by those, whether angelic or human, who desire to sit and rule as god over creation. So yes, God had to resort to many things in order to protect His plan. These things were against His nature to do but they were necessary in light of the big picture.

Ezekiel 33:11 Say to them: ‘As I live,’ says the Lord God, ‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?’

We must not use the old ways to form our understanding of God. The old ways in which God had to do things that were strange and against His loving nature in order to protect His plan of reconciliation to redemption, a plan that is even resisted today.

Today we are to look to Jesus to see the true character of God, not the Old Testament.

Hebrews 1:1-12 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son

When we see Jesus, we see the true image of God. Here is what God reveals through Jesus about His true character and nature. In other words, this is what God is really like.

Matthew 5:38-45 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away. “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Let’s be fair with God and not use the old ways to judge His character. The hand of God was forced to do what He did in times past because of the condition of man's heart and what He was working with. It would be like the United States trying to make friends with ISIS as they kill and behead people.

In the end, when we get the clear picture of what God was forced to do to bring about His plan of reconciliation to redemption, He will be vindicated.

Revelation 7:9-10 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindred, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

We must learn not to judge a man’s character or motives by what he does under extreme conditions.
You are new here so let me let you in on a couple of things. Proselytizing is against forum rules and that is what this is. Second, there are some atheists and other folks who are very strong voiced in their opinions against faiths and in particular, yours. So unless you have incredibly thick skin, trying to promote this agenda will only get you ridicule, sometimes in no uncertain terms. Just thought you should know that.

Matthew 24:36-39 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Right before Jesus comes back the whole world will be like it was in the days of Noah. Here is what it was like in the days of Noah.

Genesis 6:5-9 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.” But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

Since the fall of man God had a plan to reconcile and restore His creation. God’s plan would be resisted by those, whether angelic or human, who desire to sit and rule as god over creation. So yes, God had to resort to many things in order to protect His plan. These things were against His nature to do but they were necessary in light of the big picture.

Ezekiel 33:11 Say to them: ‘As I live,’ says the Lord God, ‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?’

We must not use the old ways to form our understanding of God. The old ways in which God had to do things that were strange and against His loving nature in order to protect His plan of reconciliation to redemption, a plan that is even resisted today.

Today we are to look to Jesus to see the true character of God, not the Old Testament.

Hebrews 1:1-12 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son

When we see Jesus, we see the true image of God. Here is what God reveals through Jesus about His true character and nature. In other words, this is what God is really like.

Matthew 5:38-45 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away. “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Let’s be fair with God and not use the old ways to judge His character. The hand of God was forced to do what He did in times past because of the condition of man's heart and what He was working with. It would be like the United States trying to make friends with ISIS as they kill and behead people.

In the end, when we get the clear picture of what God was forced to do to bring about His plan of reconciliation to redemption, He will be vindicated.

Revelation 7:9-10 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindred, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

We must learn not to judge a man’s character or motives by what he does under extreme conditions.
Noah was a fictional character.

k4c

Think any of this: purchasing people, treating them as property

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)​

selling them, freeing them

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)​

striking them, and treating them as property

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)​

are the working conditions of servants? If so then then servants are nothing but slaves.

I'm glad I was bought.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

1 Corinthians 7:22 For he who is called in the Lord while a slave is the Lord’s freedman. Likewise he who is called while free is Christ’s slave. You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. Brethren, let each one remain with God in that state in which he was called.

k4c

You are new here so let me let you in on a couple of things. Proselytizing is against forum rules and that is what this is. Second, there are some atheists and other folks who are very strong voiced in their opinions against faiths and in particular, yours. So unless you have incredibly thick skin, trying to promote this agenda will only get you ridicule, sometimes in no uncertain terms. Just thought you should know that.

Sorry you're wrong. Do resist the truth, just accept it and you'll feel much better.

JoStories

Sorry you're wrong. Do resist the truth, just accept it and you'll feel much better.
Sigh....I was trying to help you. Carry on. I absolutely loathe people who think they are more knowledgeable than anyone else.

JoStories

Abraham Lincoln was a fictional character. Do you hear how silly this sounds?
There is tangible evidence of Lincoln. As a PhD theologian, there is absolutely NO evidence of a worldwide flood nor of someone named Noah. Its an allegorical tale. Nothing more.

k4c

There is tangible evidence of Lincoln. As a PhD theologian, there is absolutely NO evidence of a worldwide flood nor of someone named Noah. Its an allegorical tale. Nothing more.

Have you ever done research on whether Soy is good for you or not. Half the knowledgable scientists say it's not good for you and the other half say it is. I guess you would be on the side that says it's not.

gsa

Have you ever done research on whether Soy is good for you or not. Half the knowledgable scientists say it's not good for you and the other half say it is. I guess you would be on the side that says it's not.

Except no knowledgeable experts agree that Noah was a historical figure, or that the flood took place.

JoStories

That amounts to a choice based on whether or not you want to believe the science behind soy. And that has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not a figure such as Noah actually existed. Are you aware of the Epic of Gilgamesh? The same story, including a figure like Noah, was written well before your Bible or the Torah. Neither are historically accurate and are considered allegorical tales about the wrongdoing of some people and what was done to 'punish' them.

k4c

That amounts to a choice based on whether or not you want to believe the science behind soy. And that has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not a figure such as Noah actually existed. Are you aware of the Epic of Gilgamesh? The same story, including a figure like Noah, was written well before your Bible or the Torah. Neither are historically accurate and are considered allegorical tales about the wrongdoing of some people and what was done to 'punish' them.

I'm sure they're people out there who can disprove the wind.

Shad

Veteran Member
Abraham Lincoln was a fictional character. Do you hear how silly this sounds?

We have recent records of Lincoln, we know of his grave and can find his body. There are no accounts of Noah except for the very story making the claim with no evidence of a global flood. Also we would all be related but since our genetics show that people are not related in such a massive scale the story has evidence against it's claim

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
The last days began when Jesus came the first time. Since then we have seen a steady decline of faith, weather conditions are crazy, wars and rumors of war, diseases, hunger, evil being called good and so much more. Just in the last 50 years we've see a huge moral decline in those who stand for morality. These are surely signs.

Could be, but if we compare the actual number of people alive today and the ones alive during the first century, I am not sure that our species suffered a lot of inconveniences because of this alleged two thousand years long decay.

Ciao

- viole