• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As Arranged, Trump Has Been Acquitted

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
riaaqdhs1tf41.jpg

Spartan

What about Thomas Jefferson who declared himself the intellectual adversary of the clergy?

Jefferson was no theist. But he did love many of the teachings of Jesus. “I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ.”—Thomas Jefferson, a letter to Charles Thomson, Monticello, January 9, 1816.

Or Benjamin Franklin who denounced Christianity as false?

<sigh> Once again, Franklin was no theist. He was a deist earlier in life but later in life he developed an appreciation for the Bible / scripture.

"I've lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this Truth —That God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his Notice (REFERENCING A TEACHING OF JESUS - MATTHEW 10:29), is it probable that an Empire can rise without his Aid? We have been assured, Sir, in the Sacred Writings, that except the Lord build the House they labor in vain who build it. I firmly believe this, —and I also believe that without his concurring Aid, we shall succeed in this political Building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall become a reproach and bye word down to future ages." - Benjamin Franklin - Speech to the Constitutional Convention (June 28, 1787)

What 9f the fact Christians do not own an exclusive right to the term religion? Or, my favorite, Thomas Paine who railed Christianity as a "thing" of which nothing else is more impossible to believe, nothing more offensive to reason and the Almighty, and something that only produces atheists and fanatics? He too is considered a founding father.

Thomas Pain was a spiritual midget. Pretty sure you never researched his sorry rear end in depth either. Here's what you missed:

Thomas Paine Lost His Common Sense

Do your homework for a change.

Last edited:

Spartan

Moral depravity? Is this from the same Christian ideology that thinks women are beneath men by default and got upset making domestic raid and battery crimes?

Christianity presents a number of women in high regard, including the blessed Virgin Mary, the mother of Jesus. You conveniently ignore those women.

Racism? Don't forget the idea that black people are the cursed descendants of Ham is a Christian thing.

No. That was a cult teaching, not in scripture And you've got that wrong too. "Ham himself is not cursed, and race or skin color is never mentioned." - Wikipedia

That Christians fought to preserve the idea that the natural state of the negro is slavery.

Horse manure. That's not in scripture and many Christians fought against slavery. Also, what part of Jesus' "Love your neighbor as you love yourself" do you in any way think endorses slavery?? Just the opposite - it teaches against slavery. But Jesus was not born to start a war with the Jews and Romans over slavery.

Welfare state? Your own messiah was a homeless bum who lived off the handouts of others.

You're full of folly. Jesus fed the five thousand. He produced a net full of fish for Peter, which fed many others. And to call the Savior of Mankind a "bum" shows how incredibly shallow your theological understanding is.

Last edited:

Spartan

That's absolute nonsense. The stiff-necked Democrats called 17 witnesses in the House. It was the Dems who blocked the President from calling witnesses, including the lying whistleblower and others. Then the liberal meatheads wanted the Senate to do their work for them and call God knows how many others that would have dragged that pathetic pipe dream on for many months. They also are apparently ignorant that Executive Privilege is a legitimate legal position to take.

You people lost and Trump was acquitted. Get a new dog to run around the arena.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Im sure even you forget things after its been, what? Several months now? Over a year? Own personal recall failure is a thing, but so is saying it's in Comey's report. Bob can read more there if he wants because it's been sufficiently long enough I don't remember since I haven't looked at it sense.
Bob isn't the only one skeptical of vague recollections as proof.
OGC.bdda507905b55a7bb6d260122dd0eace

Skeptical-Kid-Gif.gif

200.gif

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
That's absolute nonsense. The stiff-necked Democrats called 17 witnesses in the House. It was the Dems who blocked the President from calling witnesses, including the lying whistleblower and others. Then the liberal meatheads wanted the Senate to do their work for them and call God knows how many others that would have dragged that pathetic pipe dream on for many months. They also are apparently ignorant that Executive Privilege is a legitimate legal position to take.

You people lost and Trump was acquitted. Get a new dog to run around the arena.
Pick a lane dude, you just self contradicted more times than homophobic Lacedaemonian.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Is that why he said he came to do away with none of that? Not until all things have been fulfilled, and he left a list of things unfulfilled.

Jesus Christ came in fulfillment of the expectations of the Law and the Messiah. The only thnigs unfulflled are those concerning His Second Coming.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

The Mayflower Compact has just as much legal weight in America as the Articles of Confederation. Which is none. Constitutional law has no basis in Biblical law.

It shows the foundation of our country, the U.S., is built on Christianity.

Our laws are based upon Biblical Law as they are built on upon English Law which was built upon Christianity and the Bible.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's dying out. No, I won't live to see it gone, but I've done my part to lead people away from it. And, we keep moving further and further away from it, as it continues to lose additional importance in life, even after it has lost so much significance that Nietzsche proclaimed god is dead. And we've kicked him since and have saw too it his life forces wanes further.
Even if God isn't dead, he's still AWOL at best.
The alternative is worse....Trump is God's chosen to lead us to either paradise or armageddon.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
There are still places on the earth today where you can live where they have rejected or not accepted the Christian faith. You are free to go there and live. Why don't you?

Good-Ole-Rebel

To that I quote:

But my question was 'historically'. When historically was there a much better place where Christian beliefs did not exist?

But will add that I have a fairly happy existence here and in fact incorporate Christian mythology into my own spiritual inspiration. (Albeit in a mystical way with lots of Pagan flavor.)

Moving away from my current life to join a different culture would be...interesting, but inconvenient.

Good-Ole-Rebel

To that I quote:

But will add that I have a fairly happy existence here and in fact incorporate Christian mythology into my own spiritual inspiration. (Albeit in a mystical way with lots of Pagan flavor.)

Moving away from my current life to join a different culture would be...interesting, but inconvenient.

Inconvenient actually is a mild word for it. It is interesting to me how much whining people do about Christianity, yet live in countries that have been impacted by Christianity.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Inconvenient actually is a mild word for it. It is interesting to me how much whining people do about Christianity, yet live in countries that have been impacted by Christianity.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Wow...talk about blantantly ignoring your own question!

You wanted to know an historical situation (which you specified) with no Christian influence where people were better off. I gave two suggestions. You ignored those to suggest the reason I haven't moved to some current places with no Christian influence is because I wouldn't be better off for it. I reminded you about your historical qualification (which you emphasized to Shadow Wolf) and suggested that I--because of my own situation--am happy where I am and it doesn't make sense to move (but would find it interesting).

So, to be clear: I criticize Christians and Christianity but am not wholly against it. I also recognize that it is one spiritual viewpoint amongst others in this teeming humanity of ours, and it isn't the best one for everyone and it's influence isn't always positive, sometimes being downright cruel and inhumane.