• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Artwork in Progress...For Real

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This is a study for a painting that I will be doing. The study is not finished yet -- still working the bugs out of it, re-arranging things, etc. For instance, the white blob you see in the mid-ground will soon be turned into a pale woman in a magenta gown -- among many other things.

The finished painting, when done, will measure 24 x 30 on a stretched canvas support. The medium is acrylic.

IMG_2306.JPG

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Imagine adding a lightning strike to the mountain just above his head. Maybe put the bolt from somewhere near the top right corner.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It looks fascinating, like it begs for a series of paintings to tell the story of this guitarist and the mysterious woman.
pale woman in a magenta gown -- among many other things.
Do many other things include a snake draped around her shoulders and slithering down an arm?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It looks fascinating, like it begs for a series of paintings to tell the story of this guitarist and the mysterious woman.

Thanks! That's very kind of you.

Do many other things include a snake draped around her shoulders and slithering down an arm?

The Cretan Goddess look, you mean? That might fit -- the phases of the moon, the snake shedding its skin, etc. But I'd rather not copy someone's mythology. Prefer to create my own. :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Reminds me of Zelazny for some reason.

Interesting! I'm not familiar with Zelazny's work -- I had to google him. I can see how the painting would fit in with scifi and fantasy.

By the way, I call the painting a "dreamscape", and think of it as kind of mythologically oriented.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Interesting! I'm not familiar with Zelazny's work -- I had to google him. I can see how the painting would fit in with scifi and fantasy.

By the way, I call the painting a "dreamscape", and think of it as kind of mythologically oriented.
Zelazny was not a hard science fiction writer. He was more of a soft one, often dabbling in mythology. A bit of a poet too. Lord of Light was a work of his that won the Hugo for best novel. It had an interesting plot running through it. Hinduism, Buddhism, and Christianity are featured.

Though that work would go with quite a few of his different stories.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Zelazny was not a hard science fiction writer. He was more of a soft one, often dabbling in mythology. A bit of a poet too. Lord of Light was a work of his that won the Hugo for best novel. It had an interesting plot running through it. Hinduism, Buddhism, and Christianity are featured.

Though that work would go with quite a few of his different stories.

Do you still keep up with science fiction? Is there much hard science fiction these days?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
No, sadly I don't. The last author I read almost religiously was Terry Pratchett. I can't quite get myself to read his last novel.

Me too. I was once an avid scifi reader, but I fell out of the habit. I really should try to get back into that. Scifi can be very enriching -- in addition to entertaining.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
This is a study for a painting that I will be doing. The study is not finished yet -- still working the bugs out of it, re-arranging things, etc. For instance, the white blob you see in the mid-ground will soon be turned into a pale woman in a magenta gown -- among many other things.

The finished painting, when done, will measure 24 x 30 on a stretched canvas support. The medium is acrylic.

View attachment 26675
Wow, that is incredibly good!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Me too. I was once an avid scifi reader, but I fell out of the habit. I really should try to get back into that. Scifi can be very enriching -- in addition to entertaining.
Pratchett is more of a fantasy writer, but he was one of the best humorous writers along with stories that pull on the heart a bit. He is thoroughly enjoyable on several levels.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I did finally buy the final novel of Terry Pratchett. It is part of a subseries and I am rereading the first in the series before I crack that one.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I did finally buy the final novel of Terry Pratchett. It is part of a subseries and I am rereading the first in the series before I crack that one.

I've never read Pratchett. But I hear so much about him. You're the last straw, SZ -- You've convinced me -- I'm going to buy one of his books, see if I like it now.