• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Article I relate to

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Here is an article I relate to on having an above-average IQ:

Kate Beckinsale thinks her super-high IQ was a 'handicap' in her career

I know she speaks on acting, but I feel it applies to quite a few other things in life as well.

I feel that while being intelligent is a gift, that sometimes, not always - super intelligent people can lack in other areas.

So I don't really feel that intelligent people are always at the top of the food-chain. I just don't think they're necessarily 'bad' either. Intelligence can be a gift in the right circumstances. Sometimes also a burden, like if you're playing football and required to listen to a coach who may make a lot of risky calls you are expected to follow.

AlexanderG

Interesting topic, thanks.

According to the experts, there are in fact many different ways that people can be intelligent. I think IQ only relates to spatial and logical-mathematical intelligences, and maybe linguistic a little bit. I would expect gurus, mystics, and moral teachers to be high in intrapersonal intelligence, politicians to be high in linguistic intelligence, athletes and first responders to be high in bodily-kinesthetic intelligence, and army rangers and wilderness survivalists to be high in naturalistic intelligence, for example. Who can say how they would perform on a traditional IQ test, though?

If you're very intelligent in one or more of these categories, but very lacking in others, then you will likely have problems in life. I can think of some bad combinations, as well as some very good combinations.

Either way, life can be a minefield for a very smart woman. There are still a lot of men who feel threatened by women who are more successful and gifted than they are. (Personally, I'm attracted to intelligent women and my wife is the smartest person I've ever met. :D)

106851973-1615392089547-Screen_Shot_2021-03-10_at_103105_AM.png

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Here is an article I relate to on having an above-average IQ:

Kate Beckinsale thinks her super-high IQ was a 'handicap' in her career

I know she speaks on acting, but I feel it applies to quite a few other things in life as well.

I feel that while being intelligent is a gift, that sometimes, not always - super intelligent people can lack in other areas.

So I don't really feel that intelligent people are always at the top of the food-chain. I just don't think they're necessarily 'bad' either. Intelligence can be a gift in the right circumstances. Sometimes also a burden, like if you're playing football and required to listen to a coach who may make a lot of risky calls you are expected to follow.

I knew a university lecturer who taught nuclear power station design. Very clever guy, he could not change a light bulb.

PureX

Veteran Member
Humans have not yet advanced to a point where intelligence is a prime virtue. Sadly, we may never get there. Aggressiveness is still the more affective trait, and may destroy us before we can rise above it.