• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arizona Republican Proposes Trio of Laws That Would Allow Schools to Discriminate Against Transgende

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As a comment to the OP, the "taliban christians" are certainly out in force these days trying to mandate a Christian States of America set of laws.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Wow, you really don't get it. Humans are social animals and not being seen for who you know yourself to be, let alone people going out of their way to disrespect or bully you over it, is very detrimental to psychological health. Something like half of trans people attempt suicide. This isn't something you can just brush off.

Well that's too bad. Freedom from identity demands is a wonderful thing. People get so focused on their identity, they can't move through life without it.

I understand, not everyone is ready for it, but I think if they tried it, they'd like it. Yeah it would **** me off that others would attach me to an identity and bully me over it. Glad I got out from under that pretty early.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well that's too bad. Freedom from identity demands is a wonderful thing. People get so focused on their identity, they can't move through life without it.

I understand, not everyone is ready for it, but I think if they tried it, they'd like it. Yeah it would **** me off that others would attach me to an identity and bully me over it. Glad I got out from under that pretty early.
It's not about being "attached" to an identity. It's about being seen as who you truly are. We all have a gender/sex. Being forced to live a lie is hurtful. You spout all this nice sounding platitudes, but I'm sure you'd be upset if your reality of yourself as a man was consistently denied by society.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Maybe adults should have learned that about their personal biases long since.

I believe attachment to an identity is part of that. Their identity is threatened by someone else's identity. Now identity is more of a convenience for others than something I need. If I'm not attached to an identity, I'm a lot less likely to try to force you into one.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
It's not about being "attached" to an identity. It's about being seen as who you truly are. We all have a gender/sex. Being forced to live a lie is hurtful. You spout all this nice sounding platitudes, but I'm sure you'd be upset if your reality of yourself as a man was consistently denied by society.

Seems to me you are depending on society to dictate who you are. I find freedom from all of that the better course.

Jeremiah Ames

It's always nice to put a face to such idiocy.

dc2574241ba64bddb44ad32deddd5bee

..Arizona Republican State Representative John Fillmore
And you can tell he's a true American 'cause he poses with the American flag

OMG
Thanks for the picture.
Where is his gun?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
And why should you sttempt to control someone else's happiness when it doesn't affect your own?

No attempt to control, their happiness is up to them. Maybe they don't realize that. :( If I could help them with that, fine but unfortunately not everyone is that open.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You're not being realistic or understanding what I'm saying.

I understand my position is not realistic for many other folks. Just saying, that's too bad. Obviously I'm go to encourage my own kids to look inside for their happiness. What other folks do with their kids is up to them.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I understand my position is not realistic for many other folks. Just saying, that's too bad. Obviously I'm go to encourage my own kids to look inside for their happiness. What other folks do with their kids is up to them.
Don't waste your time. It won't work, and you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Rational Agnostic

I was born a white male, and am heterosexual. But, suppose I consider changing my identity to that of a Native American female lesbian. Suppose I want to attend graduate school and get a Ph.D with my new identity. I should now be eligible for minority scholarships and special treatment. Even though I look like a white male, I'm not a white male, and y'all are bigots for assuming my gender and race and I should be eligible for special treatment and, not to mention, reparations for the suffering that the race I'm transitioning to has experienced. After all, my birth certificate and the biological reality of my anatomy and ancestry don't matter. The only thing that matters is the racial and sexual identity that I choose to label myself with, right?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
No attempt to control, their happiness is up to them. Maybe they don't realize that. :( If I could help them with that, fine but unfortunately not everyone is that open.

As stoic as that is, that is an unrealistic expectation. It is far nobler to be a caring individual and help others realize their potential.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I was born a white male, and am heterosexual. But, suppose I consider changing my identity to that of a Native American female lesbian. Suppose I want to attend graduate school and get a Ph.D with my new identity. I should now be eligible for minority scholarships and special treatment. Even though I look like a white male, I'm not a white male, and y'all are bigots for assuming my gender and race and I should be eligible for special treatment and, not to mention, reparations for the suffering that the race I'm transitioning to has experienced. After all, my birth certificate and the biological reality of my anatomy and ancestry don't matter. The only thing that matters is the racial and sexual identity that I choose to label myself with, right?
Transphobic garbage. :toilet:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
As stoic as that is, that is an unrealistic expectation. It is far nobler to be a caring individual and help others realize their potential.

I suspect getting others to be nobel is pretty unrealistic itself. Good luck trying to get others to change. I find changing oneself to be far more realistic.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Actually the lesson would be to not leave your fate in the hands of the rest of the world. If you can find happiness inside yourself, no one can take it from you.
The PC world would collapse if everyone learned that.

So they refuse to acknowledge the possibility that people will, and go on with the culture of victimhood and entitlement. Convincing people that the reason that they're unhappy is because they're victims, and they're entitled to more.
Tom