• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you (truly) happy with your life?

Are you happy with your life (at the moment)?

• Yes

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Raahim

مكتوب
Greetings brothers, sisters & infidels. :D

So the exams for my university are coming next week and I'm panicking as hell these days & I really want them all to simply end as fast as possible with best possible result I can achieve because truly I'm not so satisfied with my life at the moment. Well some of you might now (I doubt anyone knows) that I had to switch universities due to the financial issues so it all kinda feels like my life is repeating itself and that it won't end well. I need a change in my life, either to continue university or find a job & forget about education in that sense, maybe put my spiritual life & family in focus. It's just that I feel I can't do anything fulfilling at the moment because I don't work & I want to work to try and make something new in my life, but then again I wish to continue with education so my future will "be better"... I'm really frustrated on current life situation so I was wondering, what are your views on your current lives? Are you satisfied with them or do you seek huge changes?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
You betcha! I'm thrilled, actually. Not too many people get to live in paradise while still on planet Earth. :)

My advise to you is have clear, attainable goals, and work steadfastly towards those goals. When you become bored or just don't feel like doing things imagine that you are living the last moments of your life. THAT will change your attitude back to where it should be. Then one day, you too, will be trimming the hedges and rose bushes in veritable and undending bliss.

Raahim

مكتوب
When you become bored or just don't feel like doing things imagine that you are living the last moments of your life.

From being bored to having a panic attack. :eek:
But it's a good advice, guess I'm just stressed about the exams.

Aquitaine

Meh, it's okay for now, though I'm not too fussed by the concept of death; only the traumatic process of dying.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Yep, very happy.
Balancing work and home life is a constant struggle, and I would prefer a lower stress/less time consuming job, but other than that I have a pretty great life.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Yes, very happy with my life.
My only issue at the current time is that I wish whatever is wrong with me would stop and I could have my full mind back--lacking in attention span, motivation to work, thinking ability, memory...and having a nearly constant headache--does siphon big-time. but everything else is great!

Shak34

Yes, I'm happy with my life for the most part. Lately I have had more ups than downs, that makes me very happy.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I see life for what it is. Dynamic and fluid so my views and emotions adapt in the same manner.

I like to think I'm able to accommodate the experiences to where I'd describe it as a comfortable neutrality. Not happy no. Not completely sad either.

LittlePinky82

Over all I'm okay with my life. I'm working on changing myself though because I'm unhappy with my health and looks so I've been being healthier lately and working out more again and enjoying it. I'm still trying to find a job but I have two prospects so I'm trying to stay hopeful. I can totally relate to the studies and going forward type of situation. When I was working on my paralegal degree I used to feel so frustrated and want to hurry up as I'm in my early 30's and was ready to work and get on with my life. It took me around 10 yrs to finally get my two associates and figure out what I wanted to do with my life and I had some trouble with a couple of subjects that held me back. Over all I'm pretty happy with where I turned out because I ended up with a career choice I enjoy (now if I can just get a job with it lol). I think you have to keep things in perspective. When I was feeling the same way as you I would remind myself why I was doing my studies. It's not like high school but you can choose what you want to study. As long as you know it's what you want to work in and you enjoy the field keep going and the end result will (hopefully) be worth it! That's what helped me anyways. Good luck with your exams!!

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
For the past while I've enjoyed my life enough to say I'm happy.
Overall, with my childhood and disorders in mind, no, I would have rather not existed.
This recent happiness and possible future happiness doesn't overrule that, it's not worth much as soon as I go to sleep.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I survived cancer, and being shot, so yes, life is good, some people just don't appreciate life until they nearly lose it.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
My life is very good compared to others financially, but i am always so bored.

Laika

Premium Member
No. I want more. I want to beat depression, get a job that I actually like, have some close friends, a bit of good sex and move out from my parents house. Those are all achievable if I put my back into it.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
From being bored to having a panic attack. :eek:
But it's a good advice, guess I'm just stressed about the exams.
I really do understand, but being stressed solves nothing and may well contribute to your doing poorly on those tests. It's about attitude, motivation and expectations. You seem like a fairly bright person, so my guess is that you have learned things you are to be tested on fairly well. Do a moderate bit of rehashing the data, but also, remember to get a good nights sleep the night before your tests. Go for a run or go to the gym. Go have some fun to help you relax.

While writing this, I was recalling when I took a mathmatics test at college years ago. I hadn't studied an iota. I went through all the questions and had no probelms, then went back and checked my work. Finally since the "hour" was nearing the end, I gathered my stuff up and turned my paper in with "15 minutes" still left on the clock. When I turned it in, the Prof said, "Are you sure you don't want to go over your work? You still have another 45 minutes." Hehehe. I said no, if I didn't know the answers right now, a few more minutes wouldn't change anything.

A few days later I got my paper back and had received 98% :)))))

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
No. I want more. I want to beat depression, get a job that I actually like, have some close friends, a bit of good sex and move out from my parents house. Those are all achievable if I put my back into it.
In my own case, I "beat" depression because I saw how I was creating the very webs that were binding me. In short, I didn't compare "What I was thinking and therefore perceived" with reality. There was no reason to check because I already "knew how things were". It's a artful way of deluding oneself and takes a considerable amount of time and effort. Now, I am positively anal about verifying what I think. That has changed my perception of events. Now, I let thing happen to see what I will think rather than before when I didn't let anything happen because I already knew ... or thought I did.... I DO hope this resonates with you somehow.

If you like, drop me a PM. My mailbox is always open... though I should warn you that it might take me a few days to respond as I like to make sure I've dotted all the I's and crossed all the T's. :)

Laika

Premium Member
In my own case, I "beat" depression because I saw how I was creating the very webs that were binding me. In short, I didn't compare "What I was thinking and therefore perceived" with reality. There was no reason to check because I already "knew how things were". It's a artful way of deluding oneself and takes a considerable amount of time and effort. Now, I am positively anal about verifying what I think. That has changed my perception of events. Now, I let thing happen to see what I will think rather than before when I didn't let anything happen because I already knew ... or thought I did.... I DO hope this resonates with you somehow.

If you like, drop me a PM. My mailbox is always open... though I should warn you that it might take me a few days to respond as I like to make sure I've dotted all the I's and crossed all the T's. :)

Thanks for the offer. It does ring true and for me it is really getting on with stuff (and finding the motivation to do it). I probably won't take you up on it but it is very kind none the less. :)

Raahim

مكتوب
I really do understand, but being stressed solves nothing and may well contribute to your doing poorly on those tests. It's about attitude, motivation and expectations. You seem like a fairly bright person, so my guess is that you have learned things you are to be tested on fairly well. Do a moderate bit of rehashing the data, but also, remember to get a good nights sleep the night before your tests. Go for a run or go to the gym. Go have some fun to help you relax.

While writing this, I was recalling when I took a mathmatics test at college years ago. I hadn't studied an iota. I went through all the questions and had no probelms, then went back and checked my work. Finally since the "hour" was nearing the end, I gathered my stuff up and turned my paper in with "15 minutes" still left on the clock. When I turned it in, the Prof said, "Are you sure you don't want to go over your work? You still have another 45 minutes." Hehehe. I said no, if I didn't know the answers right now, a few more minutes wouldn't change anything.

A few days later I got my paper back and had received 98% :)))))

Thanks for the kind words. :D
I'll probably chill the night before the exams (judging by my past doings with exams) by reading some books or watching Bayyinah TV on YouTube... If I go to gym I wouldn't be able to wake up tomorrow. Hahaha