• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You on a Mission from God????

Bird123

Are you on a Mission from God????

If you are I must question this.

Look around the universe and this world. A Being capable of creating all this has to be very smart. Does this Being need you to help? Did you help when it was all being created? Do you really think this Being needs you to attempt to control, manipulate or intimidate the actions of others? You do not see God doing it why should you think it is necessary?

Religion is mankind’s attempt to understand God. When the facts are not known, one uses beliefs to bridge the gap. Mankind is Ruling, Controlling, Manipulating, Intimidating, Judging, Hating, Punishing, Wanting Vengeance and Pay back, Wants We against They in order to create a bad guy to Blame. So often mankind is full of Anger, Rage, Wrath, while ignoring true Intelligence and simple Logic.

Can you see these things in Religion and Society? Do they really reflect the level of Intelligence needed to create this world and universe?

It’s a mixed bag. Mankind can also be Kind, Generous, Loving, Helpful. This bring us to the Question? Who is God? What Qualities would a Being with Great Intellect have?

Really Think before you answer. Your answer shows God and the world what you know and what you need to learn. Remember, a Being with Great Intellect would know and understand what the best choices really are. Which are the best choices : Petty things or the qualities that make everyone feel good and move forward to a Higher Level?

Maybe you are on a mission from God. Your mission is to Learn and Grow, Discovering the best choices then reflecting the Goodness for all to learn from your actions and choices. This has never been an easy mission. One must be careful when one wanders into those petty things mankind holds so dear. Why? What will you be teaching then? It certainly won’t be Goodness and the path to a Higher Level.

Free Choices are an Important part of it all. We define ourselves through our choices. It doesn’t matter what everyone else does. It’s what you choose to do that counts. How will you choose to Define yourself?? It has always been within your hands.

That’s what I see. It’s very clear!!

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Look around the universe and this world. A Being capable of creating all this has to be very smart.

Yes, wise indeed.

Does this Being need you to help?

Yes, they do.

Did you help when it was all being created

Yes, we all did.

Do you really think this Being needs you to attempt to control, manipulate or intimidate the actions of others?

Others? Who said I was to control others? Not my Gods.

You do not see God doing it why should you think it is necessary?

Because the Gods have their own problems to deal with, outside of our little realm.

Bird123

Yes, wise indeed.

Yes, they do.

Yes, we all did.

Others? Who said I was to control others? Not my Gods.

Because the Gods have their own problems to deal with, outside of our little realm.

In what way does God need your help. Further just in what way did you help when the universe was created?

You are right. God will never tell anyone to control others.

Hmmm? What problem do you think God has outside our realm? Further, are there really any problems at God's level? Name one.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
In what way does God need your help.

To help others here and now. Their "time" perception isn't the same as ours.

Further just in what way did you help when the universe was created?

We were all there helping in the beginning, as we all contain a piece of the divine spark of creativity.

Hmmm? What problem do you think God has outside our realm? Further, are there really any problems at God's level? Name one.

The Gods are busy keeping the Universe running and ordered, and dealing with their own Giants (issues). If I can't fully grasp or explain the Gods (they're ineffable), how could I completely understand their problems?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Look around the universe and this world. A Being capable of creating all this has to be very smart. Does this Being need you to help? Did you help when it was all being created? Do you really think this Being needs you to attempt to control, manipulate or intimidate the actions of others? You do not see God doing it why should you think it is necessary?

It isn't that He needs my help. It's that He gave the world to mankind and is saying to mankind "Do you want my help?"

It is obvious by what I see that we sure need His help!

Religion is mankind’s attempt to understand God. When the facts are not known, one uses beliefs to bridge the gap. Mankind is Ruling, Controlling, Manipulating, Intimidating, Judging, Hating, Punishing, Wanting Vengeance and Pay back, Wants We against They in order to create a bad guy to Blame. So often mankind is full of Anger, Rage, Wrath, while ignoring true Intelligence and simple Logic.

Yes... that's what religion does. IMV. But if you have a relationship then He come in and we stop controlling, manipulating, intimidating, et al. That is... if we let Him. :)

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I have not been given any instructions, but I do seem to be on some altered and unusual course. Maybe I am a little clank that God has wound up with a skate key and sent tick tocking about stubbing my toes. God has some explaining to do should we ever meet! God had better hope I am in a good mood, too! :p Even if I thought that I was on a mission from God how could I know whether I was being pranked or not? :cool:

Can you see these things in Religion and Society? Do they really reflect the level of Intelligence needed to create this world and universe?
I understand what you are saying. Your statement is inconclusive when you presume that God has to create the universe as opposed to it being part of God or within God. (This is anticipated in the NT writings and Hindu writings both).

I also don't think your question is conclusive, because physical existence makes no sense without considering what it is made of.Some people try to research what could be the underlying substrate of matter and whether there is a bottom to reality. For example there is Steven Wolfram's network theory. What is the underlying nature of the physical world? Then what underlies that? So then we all seem to be inside of some very complicated system which holds or represents our existence in all of its complexity, and you cannot assure me that it has no intelligence innately. It seems highly likely that what we perceive as matter is really just a pattern. The alternative is that it exists on top of another physical substrate which begs the question of what that exists upon ad infinitum.

Very likely we are inside of a set of relations similar to ideas or math relations or some other kind of pattern within order or chaos and do not technically exist at all. The Hindus thought about this long, long ago. They think of this as Brahman, although I think they have some odd conceptions of Brahman. They prefer to presume that Brahman is consciousness while I prefer to presume that Brahman is not a time bound thing and does not 'Think' but simply is.

So you might say that we all are on a mission from God or that we all exist within God, and God could be intelligent or not. You might say we are even part of God, and you cannot demonstrate that we definitely are not. The character and nature of God is of course debatable as much as it is theoretical, just as the underlying nature of reality is questionable. One thing to consider is whether you and I are actually important or not, and most of religious belief seems to take positions about that. Some say we people are important, and some say we are not. Some say both cases are true from different points of view.

Where is the line between the atheist and the believer? It is increasingly grey as research continues, as people study the nature of nature.

Who isn't on a mission from God?

Religion is mankind’s attempt to understand God.
I think that statement is too sweeping and also inaccurate about the worlds major religions. Some people attempt to understand God, however many religions with God in them do not. Religion at its core is philosophy and commitment, and there are religions which consist of only those two things. You could also say it is a matter of philosophy and action, and belief is derived from those two things as is love and other components of religion.

If you are saying that Christianity is mankind's attempt to understand God you are incorrect in that much of Christianity no longer does that. Some of Christianity does. Islam is a revealed religion, so it is not so much an attempt to understand God though there are groups of people who do try. There are always people who try to understand God, but generally in modern times God is taught as an understood thing. This is not good, and I am not saying that it ought to be this way. It is how things are mostly though.

Truth in love

It’s a mixed bag. Mankind can also be Kind, Generous, Loving, Helpful. This bring us to the Question? Who is God? What Qualities would a Being with Great Intellect have?

Really Think before you answer. Your answer shows God and the world what you know and what you need to learn. Remember, a Being with Great Intellect would know and understand what the best choices really are. Which are the best choices : Petty things or the qualities that make everyone feel good and move forward to a Higher Level?

Maybe you are on a mission from God. Your mission is to Learn and Grow, Discovering the best choices then reflecting the Goodness for all to learn from your actions and choices. This has never been an easy mission. One must be careful when one wanders into those petty things mankind holds so dear. Why? What will you be teaching then? It certainly won’t be Goodness and the path to a Higher Level.

Free Choices are an Important part of it all. We define ourselves through our choices. It doesn’t matter what everyone else does. It’s what you choose to do that counts. How will you choose to Define yourself?? It has always been within your hands.

That’s what I see. It’s very clear!!

It short yes. I’m on a journey, mission, quest etc to learn, grow, help others and develop all God like qualities.

It’s not about control or manipulation. It’s about love and service.
Sure I’m far from perfect at it, but I’ve gotten a lot better. Along the way there are good laughs, some tears, development of talents and some great memories.

Bird123

It isn't that He needs my help. It's that He gave the world to mankind and is saying to mankind "Do you want my help?"

It is obvious by what I see that we sure need His help!

Yes... that's what religion does. IMV. But if you have a relationship then He come in and we stop controlling, manipulating, intimidating, et al. That is... if we let Him. :)

Yes, God is helping in ways one can't imagine. God would never ask; Do you want my help? God will teach His children Unconditionally.

We all have a relationship with God even if one does not realize this. The only way one gives up on those petty things mankind holds so dear is when one truly Understands all sides of them. At this point they will no longer be viable choices one could make because our Intelligence will know those petty things will never bring the best results.

The real Genius behind it all is that God will teach all His children to reach that Higher Level all within one's free will, without threats or intimidation. Each will Discover for themselves what actually are the best choices.

Bird123

I have not been given any instructions, but I do seem to be on some altered and unusual course. Maybe I am a little clank that God has wound up with a skate key and sent tick tocking about stubbing my toes. God has some explaining to do should we ever meet! God had better hope I am in a good mood, too! :p Even if I thought that I was on a mission from God how could I know whether I was being pranked or not? :cool:

I understand what you are saying. Your statement is inconclusive when you presume that God has to create the universe as opposed to it being part of God or within God. (This is anticipated in the NT writings and Hindu writings both).

I also don't think your question is conclusive, because physical existence makes no sense without considering what it is made of.Some people try to research what could be the underlying substrate of matter and whether there is a bottom to reality. For example there is Steven Wolfram's network theory. What is the underlying nature of the physical world? Then what underlies that? So then we all seem to be inside of some very complicated system which holds or represents our existence in all of its complexity, and you cannot assure me that it has no intelligence innately. It seems highly likely that what we perceive as matter is really just a pattern. The alternative is that it exists on top of another physical substrate which begs the question of what that exists upon ad infinitum.

Very likely we are inside of a set of relations similar to ideas or math relations or some other kind of pattern within order or chaos and do not technically exist at all. The Hindus thought about this long, long ago. They think of this as Brahman, although I think they have some odd conceptions of Brahman. They prefer to presume that Brahman is consciousness while I prefer to presume that Brahman is not a time bound thing and does not 'Think' but simply is.

So you might say that we all are on a mission from God or that we all exist within God, and God could be intelligent or not. You might say we are even part of God, and you cannot demonstrate that we definitely are not. The character and nature of God is of course debatable as much as it is theoretical, just as the underlying nature of reality is questionable. One thing to consider is whether you and I are actually important or not, and most of religious belief seems to take positions about that. Some say we people are important, and some say we are not. Some say both cases are true from different points of view.

Where is the line between the atheist and the believer? It is increasingly grey as research continues, as people study the nature of nature.

Who isn't on a mission from God?

I think that statement is too sweeping and also inaccurate about the worlds major religions. Some people attempt to understand God, however many religions with God in them do not. Religion at its core is philosophy and commitment, and there are religions which consist of only those two things. You could also say it is a matter of philosophy and action, and belief is derived from those two things as is love and other components of religion.

If you are saying that Christianity is mankind's attempt to understand God you are incorrect in that much of Christianity no longer does that. Some of Christianity does. Islam is a revealed religion, so it is not so much an attempt to understand God though there are groups of people who do try. There are always people who try to understand God, but generally in modern times God is taught as an understood thing. This is not good, and I am not saying that it ought to be this way. It is how things are mostly though.

We are Spiritual beings in our true natures. We are placed in physical bodies in order to bind us to the physical laws of this universe. It's time based causal nature is perfect for learning.

God is actually Someone. We all already know God whether we know we know or not. There comes a time when one Understands this. Names will never be needed. Everyone already knows who everyone is.

Are you on a Mission from God????...

Maybe, I think the mission is to love others as commanded in the Bible.

...Does this Being need you to help? Did you help when it was all being created? Do you really think this Being needs you to attempt to control, manipulate or intimidate the actions of others?...

No.

...Mankind is Ruling, Controlling, Manipulating, Intimidating, Judging, Hating, Punishing, Wanting Vengeance and Pay back, Wants We against They in order to create a bad guy to Blame. So often mankind is full of Anger, Rage, Wrath, while ignoring true Intelligence and simple Logic.... ...Mankind can also be Kind, Generous, Loving, Helpful....

I can see the evil part to be true, but I don't that mankind is kind, generous and loving without God.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Yes, God is helping in ways one can't imagine. God would never ask; Do you want my help? God will teach His children Unconditionally.

We all have a relationship with God even if one does not realize this. The only way one gives up on those petty things mankind holds so dear is when one truly Understands all sides of them. At this point they will no longer be viable choices one could make because our Intelligence will know those petty things will never bring the best results.

The real Genius behind it all is that God will teach all His children to reach that Higher Level all within one's free will, without threats or intimidation. Each will Discover for themselves what actually are the best choices.

There are many points I like here...

1) We all have a relationship with God even if one does not realize this
2) You can't have the petty things so dear when one truly understands Him
3) God does want to teach all of us within one's free will without threats or intimidation.

However... It does appear to me that He does, in a sense, asks us "Will you let me come in?" - He knocks on the door of our hearts but we decide if we will let him in.

Bird123

Maybe, I think the mission is to love others as commanded in the Bible.

No.

I can see the evil part to be true, but I don't that mankind is kind, generous and loving without God.

Perhaps the goodness is less news worthy. When a disaster hits, watch the donations along with the people who come out to help.

Bird123

There are many points I like here...

1) We all have a relationship with God even if one does not realize this
2) You can't have the petty things so dear when one truly understands Him
3) God does want to teach all of us within one's free will without threats or intimidation.

However... It does appear to me that He does, in a sense, asks us "Will you let me come in?" - He knocks on the door of our hearts but we decide if we will let him in.

You greatly underestimate God if you think any choices one makes will prevent one from being educated to the point of Understanding. There is much more to learn than could ever be Discovered in one mere lifetime, however there is no time limit on learning.

Eternity is a long time so that even the most stubborn will learn. On the other hand, that Hungry Student will advance much quicker. Of course, God Loves Unconditionally regardless of what student God is dealing with.