• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you learning another language?

Splarnst

Tôi học tiếng Việt!

I'm studying Vietnamese. My wife is Vietnamese, and we're taking a two-month trip to visit her parents in two weeks. It'll be my first time over there. I'm really excited about it! Anyway, there are no classes around here, so I'm studying with a book, some CDs, the internet, and practice with my wife and her family, friends, and co-workers.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I want to learn one to fluency.
My biggest problem is sticking with a language, I find. I change my mind too much.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Yeah Hebrew counts, why wouldn't it?

It was meant mainly in jest.:D

As Gjallarhorn and Splarnst pointed out, it was the speed and process I was in doubt about, not the language. My Hebrew "education" consists of attending services, which are primarily in Hebrew, and struggling along in the prayer book as I go.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I'm still learning English. I'm still trying to figure out how to understand and effectively communicate with most people who claim to speak it.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'm still learning English. I'm still trying to figure out how to understand and effectively communicate with most people who claim to speak it.
Ditto. I've pretty well mastered Canadian and English. Now, thanks to RF, I am working on Americanese.

Felidae

My first language is Dutch, then I learned English, I can understand and read (speak less) German, and some French. Normal here in Holland. ;)

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
I'm slowly picking up Hebrew.

Does that count?

Hebrew is hard. It took me about 6 months just to be able to recognize and read from a siddur. Its hard because of the mix of different alphabet and different ways of saying things.

Good luck