• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we living in the "end times".(Christian)

Sonofason

The belief in End Times, and heavenly rewards, is IMO the biggest threat to peace on earth. People are willing the world to end! Seriously, you think god wants that? If you want a better world then make the world a better place. Praying that it will all just go away is irresponsible and hateful.

It is an arrogance shown repeatedly for thousands of years that people believe that they themselves will witness such an event. And always they're wrong.
Can you explain what is wrong with there being a possible end to our present existence? Can you explain what is wrong with an end of world scenario? Can you explain why it is good that we exist?

AllanV

The belief in End Times, and heavenly rewards, is IMO the biggest threat to peace on earth. People are willing the world to end! Seriously, you think god wants that? If you want a better world then make the world a better place. Praying that it will all just go away is irresponsible and hateful.

It is an arrogance shown repeatedly for thousands of years that people believe that they themselves will witness such an event. And always they're wrong.

I came across an encyclopedia of world events looked through it and got rid of it.
All of recorded history is conflict, but we are still here.
What is seen is the inevitable end result of man's behavior. What about the movies and the graphic displays and the visualization that occurs. They are not a moral standard the industry is there to make money.
Until there is an end to sin nothing will change. Man is inventive and builds better weaponry, but it doesn't end there because everything is being subtlety changed.

Hufflechuff

Can you explain what is wrong with there being a possible end to our present existence? Can you explain what is wrong with an end of world scenario? Can you explain why it is good that we exist?
Seriously? Explain why genocide is bad?? Ok. By encouraging actions that take our species towards annihilation. People dying, hatred. By accepting this as our destiny, rather than working to bring about peace and love. It is good that those we love live in peace.

Sonofason

Seriously? Explain why genocide is bad?? Ok. By encouraging actions that take our species towards annihilation. People dying, hatred. By accepting this as our destiny, rather than working to bring about peace and love. It is good that those we love live in peace.
I honestly didn't ask for a restatement of your opinions. I asked for your evidence that any of this is true.

Hufflechuff

Until there is an end to sin nothing will change. Man is inventive and builds better weaponry, but it doesn't end there because everything is being subtlety changed.
Which - nothing will change or everything subtly changing?

By praying for The End people are accepting that we cannot be better, they're giving up. This is an evil viewpoint. It is weak and it is lazy. It is a child crying for its parent, not a responsible adult response.

Sonofason

Are you suggesting that people dying is not a bad thing? I am assuming that any adult considers genocide to be bad.
I don't assume anything without substantiating my assumptions with facts. Do you have any meaningful facts to support your very subjective opinion?

AllanV

Which - nothing will change or everything subtly changing?

By praying for The End people are accepting that we cannot be better, they're giving up. This is an evil viewpoint. It is weak and it is lazy. It is a child crying for its parent, not a responsible adult response.
I am not sure who you are meaning.

When the gentle nature of Jesus and His Love in that nature is energized by God in every individual who takes it up, then the natural biological nature will be exposed for what it is.

Adam took up a nature where self belief is empowered in a personality. God is kept out and He is unable to energize man's nature because it could then live forever. The hereditary line and genetics, with life experience of learned responses become know as feelings. The nature traits in the personality are read by others and they penetrate the subconscious mind leaving an impression in the thoughts that includes memory. We all learn how to respond and make another person feel a certain way, we have a go and try but this leads to conflict if a person goes too far.

The best way to stop conflict would be for everyone to change inwardly, change their nature and destroy all weaponry.
There was a program on TV about Darwin and he is regarded as the one person who has created the most Atheists with his wrong theories. What came into my mind is that the false Christian message may have done it better.

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Your saved as soon as you accept jesus. No magic ceremonies required.
To the op, xians aren't supposed to try to figure out the end times timeline.

Listen to what Jesus said:

"The one who has endured to the end is the one who will be saved" Matthew 24:13

Sonofason

Listen to what Jesus said:

"The one who has endured to the end is the one who will be saved" Matthew 24:13
Yes, but what exactly does that mean?
Everyone endures life unto the end of their lives. What is it that a saved person must endure to the end in order to remain saved?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Yes, but what exactly does that mean?
Everyone endures life unto the end of their lives. What is it that a saved person must endure to the end in order to remain saved?

They must endure their torture stake just as Jesus did.

It's the struggle between serving God and not serving him. To serve God requires that we put away the works of the flesh, seek Gods righteousness and do his will until we die. Only if we do will we gain salvation.

Theodore A. Jones

The end of this world as we know it. The "last days" of mankinds rule (messing up) the planet.
The "end times" of governments run by man. Or any other title one choses to use.
Some Christian denominations pronounce that we are living in the "deep end times" that those alive today will most likely see the beginning of the tribulation.

I don't subscribe to the rapture, don't believe man was ever supposed to float of into some spiritual domain.
I believe that man was supposed to live in a more perfect earth in harmony with the earth and each other and ruled by Christ and a "heavenly host".
I'm not interested in debating that "good" will go to heaven, or "bad" will burn in hell.
I'm curious about the "end times" spoken of in the Bible, notably Revelation.
ALL comments weclome even if you feel "we" will float off into heavenly bliss.

So this day, like everyone else, isn't one of your last?

Sonofason

They must endure their torture stake just as Jesus did.

It's the struggle between serving God and not serving him. To serve God requires that we put away the works of the flesh, seek Gods righteousness and do his will until we die. Only if we do will we gain salvation.
"...God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle."
(2 Thessalonians 2:13-15)

"Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent..."
(Revelation 3:3)

"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess."
(Hebrews 4:14)

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."
(Hebrews 10:23)

Keep your faith in Jesus because your deeds won't be good enough. Repent from your sins. And if you sin. Remember what the Apostle John said:
"My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One."
1 John 2:1)

Johnlove

The end of this world as we know it. The "last days" of mankinds rule (messing up) the planet.
The "end times" of governments run by man. Or any other title one choses to use.
Some Christian denominations pronounce that we are living in the "deep end times" that those alive today will most likely see the beginning of the tribulation.
I don't subscribe to the rapture, don't believe man was ever supposed to float of into some spiritual domain.
I believe that man was supposed to live in a more perfect earth in harmony with the earth and each other and ruled by Christ and a "heavenly host".
I'm not interested in debating that "good" will go to heaven, or "bad" will burn in hell.
I'm curious about the "end times" spoken of in the Bible, notably Revelation.
ALL comments weclome even if you feel "we" will float off into heavenly bliss.
The world is experiencing the End Time Tribulation. God’s wrath is happening.