• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we living in the "end times".(Christian)

Kolibri

The thought has been put forward that we should not look forward to the "last days," but really that is out of harmony with the model prayer. (Mt 6:9-13)
The second thing Jesus listed in importance was for God's Kingdom to come.
While that means a time of increased woe for the earth - at first - the end result is that of God's will being done on the earth.

Isn't it obvious that this world does not reflect the personality of a God of love today?

When the wicked sprout like weeds. (or "grass.")
And all the wrongdoers flourish,
It is that they may be annihilated forever.
- Psalm 92:7

Keep silent before Jehovah
And wait expectantly (or "patiently.") for him.
Do not be upset by the man
Who succeeds in carrying out his schemes.

Let go of anger and abandon rage;
Do not become upset and turn to doing evil. (or "Do not become upset, for it can only lead to harm.")
For evil men will be done away with,
But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth.

Just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more;
You will look at where they were,
And they will not be there.
But the meek will possess the earth,
And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
- Psalms 37:7-11

The end result is not doom and destruction for all those living on the planet.
It is the pushing of a reset button on human society - this time with an incorruptible government.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
So this day, like everyone else, isn't one of your last?

Good point there Teddy. I think you missed the point entirely though.
You know I'm speaking of the "last days" of mankinds rule on the earth to be replaced with a theocratic government. Or so many Christians believe.

jeager106

Premium Member
The world is experiencing the End Time Tribulation. God’s wrath is happening.

If you would please, could you explain that statement and cite events that make you feel that way?
Do those event match scripture and if so which scripture(s)?

Johnlove

If you would please, could you explain that statement and cite events that make you feel that way?
Do those event match scripture and if so which scripture(s)?
My witness is from personal revelation from God. I witness this not that there is any expectation that people will believe me.

People should understand that all the suffering, and death going on in the world is God’s wrath, and know they are not to feel sorry for the people who are suffering. The people are receiving what they deserve.

Theodore A. Jones

Good point there Teddy. I think you missed the point entirely though.
You know I'm speaking of the "last days" of mankinds rule on the earth to be replaced with a theocratic government. Or so many Christians believe.
Doesn't over throw of government require a replacement of staff? You ain't gonna be in the make up of His crew wizenhimer.

Kolibri

Doesn't over throw of government require a replacement of staff? You ain't gonna be in the make up of His crew wizenhimer.

Depends on how completely the government gets overthrown. Dan 2:44 more than suggests that there will be one world government that will utterly demolish the all the other governments as it takes all authority over the earth onto itself. No replacement of staff when the positions do not even exist under the new 'charter.'

Theodore A. Jones

Depends on how completely the government gets overthrown. Dan 2:44 more than suggests that there will be one world government that will utterly demolish the all the other governments as it takes all authority over the earth onto itself. No replacement of staff when the positions do not even exist under the new 'charter.'
You don't make it unless you have the faith to use the gate. No JW has nor will ever do that.

Johnlove

"When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone." - James 1:13
How does your understanding of what James said stand up to what God has done in in the past to people who have disobeyed him? And to what he told John in Revelations?

(1 Corinthians 10:6-13) “These things all happened as warnings’ for us, not to have the wicked lusts for forbidden things that they had. Do not become idolaters as some of them did, for scripture says: After sitting down to eat and drink, the people got up to amuse themselves. We must never fall into sexual immorality: some of them did, and twenty-three thousand met their downfall in one day. We are not to put the Lord to the test: some of them did and they were killed by snakes. You must never complain: some of them did, and they were killed by the Destroyer. All this happened to them as a warning, and it was written down to be a lesson for us who are living at the end of the age. The man who thinks he is safe must be careful that he does not fall.

jeager106

Premium Member

I'm sorry Teddy but I don't know a whole lot. "wizenhimer" I don't know the term, find in no where in theocratic journals, so looked it up with out success.
Is th root word German perhaps? I found one word close to that but it translated into english as "Wise Him, or "he is wise" so thank yo for the compliment.
Perhaps you typo'd "wisenhimer"?

jeager106

Premium Member
My witness is from personal revelation from God. I witness this not that there is any expectation that people will believe me.

You are right about that. I don't believe you. Perhaps a little more info would help your credibility on such a claim?
People should understand that all the suffering, and death going on in the world is God’s wrath, and know they are not to feel sorry for the people who are suffering. The people are receiving what they deserve.

"people are recieving what they deserve" WOW! How very spiritual and god loving of you to feel that way much less make a public statement that so boldly flies in the face of a "loving God".
In the inexact science of psychology there is a phrase for people exhibiting such symptoms. It's called, among some other things, "The Just World Hypotheses".
Some troubled souls, for reasons unknown to sicence, feel that bad things happen to people & thus the people deserve such treatment.
The flaw in the hypotheses is this: When bad things happen to the person hold such a terrible opinion of others, they person always expresses " I didn't do anything to bring this on" thus exempting himself from the "justice" of the world.
Never mind the fact that "god" didn't bring the tornado, the earthquack, the famin, desease, crime, terrorism, that befalls people across the globe that DO NOT deserve anything but the best life can give.
Starving children "deserve" to starve"? Then am I doomed for sending money to feed starving children?

Johnlove

"people are recieving what they deserve" WOW! How very spiritual and god loving of you to feel that way much less make a public statement that so boldly flies in the face of a "loving God".
In the inexact science of psychology there is a phrase for people exhibiting such symptoms. It's called, among some other things, "The Just World Hypotheses".
Some troubled souls, for reasons unknown to sicence, feel that bad things happen to people & thus the people deserve such treatment.
The flaw in the hypotheses is this: When bad things happen to the person hold such a terrible opinion of others, they person always expresses " I didn't do anything to bring this on" thus exempting himself from the "justice" of the world.
Never mind the fact that "god" didn't bring the tornado, the earthquack, the famin, desease, crime, terrorism, that befalls people across the globe that DO NOT deserve anything but the best life can give.
Starving children "deserve" to starve"? Then am I doomed for sending money to feed starving children?
Do you believe Noah felt sorry for all those who did not come with him on the Ark.?

Do you believe Lot felt sorry for all those people in the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah?

How about the twenty-three thousand idolaters that God had killed in the following scripture, do you believe Moses felt sorry for them?

Give me a break and come off your self-righteous accusations, and start to understand that God’s wrath comes down on those who disobey him. God does not feel sorry for them, and his people don’t feel sorry for God’s disobedient people either.

(1 Corinthians 10:6-13) “These things all happened as warnings’ for us, not to have the wicked lusts for forbidden things that they had. Do not become idolaters as some of them did, for scripture says: After sitting down to eat and drink, the people got up to amuse themselves. We must never fall into sexual immorality: some of them did, and twenty-three thousand met their downfall in one day. We are not to put the Lord to the test: some of them did and they were killed by snakes. You must never complain: some of them did, and they were killed by the Destroyer. All this happened to them as a warning, and it was written down to be a lesson for us who are living at the end of the age. The man who thinks he is safe must be careful that he does not fall.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
End of this life , is the start of day of judgement then , there is two possiblity , Heaven or Hell .

Kolibri

How does your understanding of what James said stand up to what God has done in in the past to people who have disobeyed him? And to what he told John in Revelations?

When God brings judgement, he never draws it out. In the event you mentioned in 1Co 10:6-13, these rebellious idolators did not suffer beyond the brief time of recognizing that they were going to die.
Even when he did punish the Israelites to wander the wilderness for 40 years, (basically taking them at their word at Nu 14:2) he still provided manna, water, and miraculously made sure their garments and sandals would not wear out.(The sentence was given and then he went back to carrying for their needs.)

The events in Revelation are given in signs of things that must shortly take place. (Rev 1:1) I can not comment on which of the visions you are referring to without more information. Other than that the 3 of the 4 horseman are not caused directly by God, but as war, famine, and untimely death are evident because Satan has been confined to the earth with all his angels and THEY are the ones that are magnifying the woe. (Re 12:12)

Johnlove

When God brings judgement, he never draws it out. In the event you mentioned in 1Co 10:6-13, these rebellious idolators did not suffer beyond the brief time of recognizing that they were going to die.
Even when he did punish the Israelites to wander the wilderness for 40 years, (basically taking them at their word at Nu 14:2) he still provided manna, water, and miraculously made sure their garments and sandals would not wear out.(The sentence was given and then he went back to carrying for their needs.)

The events in Revelation are given in signs of things that must shortly take place. (Rev 1:1) I can not comment on which of the visions you are referring to without more information. Other than that the 3 of the 4 horseman are not caused directly by God, but as war, famine, and untimely death are evident because Satan has been confined to the earth with all his angels and THEY are the ones that are magnifying the woe. (Re 12:12)
So you don’t believe living in the desert eating manna everyday was punishment? Because those people did not obey God they never were allowed to enter the Promised Land.

Jesus told us that those who do not obey God will never enter the kingdom of God. We were given a good example that God keeps his promise.

(Matthew 7:21-23) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

Also do you not understand that Jesus is allowing Satan to have his way? Satan is serving God even though he does not know he is doing so.

You did not answer my question do you believe Noah, Lot, or Moses felt sorry for those who disobeyed God?

Noah had to know what God was going to do to all the people. It had to take Noah a long time to build his boat.

Lot was feeling sorry for the good people he thought might be living in his town, but do you believe he felt sorry for those who disobeyed God. God does not have any pity on those who disobey him. Ask Lot’s wife, she will explain that to you.

So again why don’t you just show me how unrighteous I am for sharing that God told me not to feel sorry for those whom he is punishing?