• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there Aliens?

Are UFOs real?

• UFOs do not exist.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • UFOs were created only as government projects.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • UFOs were/are created as joint alien-government projects.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • More evidence is needed before I can decide whether or not UFOs exist.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
It is statistically unlikely that everyone is mistaken lying or insane, who reports UFO sightings.
The same would apply then to all the gods, reincarnation, near death experiences, some non/maybe-existing creatures etc.

You Bouncing Ball havent got a clue, dont waste my time.
*Tau controls the rage*
There is an ignore button, please use it..

Tau

The same would apply then to all the gods, reincarnation, near death experiences, some non/maybe-existing creatures etc.

Abso bloody lutely.

Most of these people are honestly perceiving phenomena/manifestations that are congruent with UFO reports recorded over the decades by many individual nations, UFOs are not confined to the USA, they are a global entity.

Last edited:

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Abso bloody lutely.

Most of these people are honestly perceiving phenomena/manifestations that are congruent with UFO reports recorded over the decades by many individual nations, UFOs are not confined to the USA, they are a global entity.
I have to agree here. There are a lot of phenomenon which many of us brush off as being too far out to believe. Until recently, most people thought the Colossal squid to be a fairy tale conjured by sailors having too much grog. Not any more.

ColossalSquid.jpg

Heneni

Miss Independent
Advanced ETs may see mortals as this satirical short story shows....

THEY'RE MADE OUT OF MEAT

by Terry Bisson

"They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"There's no doubt about it. We picked up several from different parts of the planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, and probed them all the way through. They're completely meat."

"That's impossible. What about the radio signals? The messages to the stars?"

"They use the radio waves to talk, but the signals don't come from them. The signals come from machines."

"So who made the machines? That's who we want to contact."

"They made the machines. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Meat made the machines."

"That's ridiculous. How can meat make a machine? You're asking me to believe in sentient meat."

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. These creatures are the only sentient race in that sector and they're made out of meat."

"Maybe they're like the orfolei. You know, a carbon-based intelligence that goes through a meat stage."

"Nope. They're born meat and they die meat. We studied them for several of their life spans, which didn't take long. Do you have any idea what's the life span of meat?"

"Spare me. Okay, maybe they're only part meat. You know, like the weddilei. A meat head with an electron plasma brain inside."

"Nope. We thought of that, since they do have meat heads, like the weddilei. But I told you, we probed them. They're meat all the way through."

"No brain?"

"Oh, there's a brain all right. It's just that the brain is made out of meat! That's what I've been trying to tell you."

"So ... what does the thinking?"

"You're not understanding, are you? You're refusing to deal with what I'm telling you. The brain does the thinking. The meat."

"Thinking meat! You're asking me to believe in thinking meat!"

"Yes, thinking meat! Conscious meat! Loving meat. Dreaming meat. The meat is the whole deal! Are you beginning to get the picture or do I have to start all over?"

"Omigod. You're serious then. They're made out of meat."

"Thank you. Finally. Yes. They are indeed made out of meat. And they've been trying to get in touch with us for almost a hundred of their years."

"Omigod. So what does this meat have in mind?"

"First it wants to talk to us. Then I imagine it wants to explore the Universe, contact other sentiences, swap ideas and information. The usual."

"We're supposed to talk to meat."

"That's the idea. That's the message they're sending out by radio. 'Hello. Anyone out there. Anybody home.' That sort of thing."

"They actually do talk, then. They use words, ideas, concepts?"
"Oh, yes. Except they do it with meat."

"I thought you just told me they used radio."

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat."

"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much. So what do you advise?"

"Officially or unofficially?"

"Both."

"Officially, we are required to contact, welcome and log in any and all sentient races or multibeings in this quadrant of the Universe, without prejudice, fear or favor. Unofficially, I advise that we erase the records and forget the whole thing."

"I was hoping you would say that."

"It seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to make contact with meat?"

"I agree one hundred percent. What's there to say? 'Hello, meat. How's it going?' But will this work? How many planets are we dealing with here?"

"Just one. They can travel to other planets in special meat containers, but they can't live on them. And being meat, they can only travel through C space. Which limits them to the speed of light and makes the possibility of their ever making contact pretty slim. Infinitesimal, in fact."

"So we just pretend there's no one home in the Universe."

"That's it."

"Cruel. But you said it yourself, who wants to meet meat? And the ones who have been aboard our vessels, the ones you probed? You're sure they won't remember?"

"They'll be considered crackpots if they do. We went into their heads and smoothed out their meat so that we're just a dream to them."

"A dream to meat! How strangely appropriate, that we should be meat's dream."

"And we marked the entire sector unoccupied."

"Good. Agreed, officially and unofficially. Case closed. Any others? Anyone interesting on that side of the galaxy?"

"Yes, a rather shy but sweet hydrogen core cluster intelligence in a class nine star in G445 zone. Was in contact two galactic rotations ago, wants to be friendly again."

"They always come around."

"And why not? Imagine how unbearably, how unutterably cold the Universe would be if one were all alone ..."

the end

This is so funny. :D

Gnostic too

Gnostic thinker
So many credible people are reporting, including astronauts, hard to think otherwise. Don't think the religious fanatics could handle it, mostly the gimme' tele-evangelist who are making a mint off poor ignorant people that believe these people really give a d--- about THEM!! They anly want their MONEY--every other sermon is about "sowing your seed" and "give give give and you'll receive NOTHING but creditor call because you failed to pay your real debtors". Like those that can cry and beg especially after they've got caught with a hooker or a gay hook-up as so many have. People are so pitifully gullible. As Helen Kellar said "there is no one so blind as he who WILL NOT see". Like Jehovah's Witnesses, they all have a cult leader who tells them when to pass gas and when to be a tight-A--. Fear rules. If they thought there were aliens, they'd just hide their face and think it made them invisible. Kids do that, you know.

ladyace

ladyace
i dont know if i quit believe that there are aliens bc the goverment knows more than what they tell us i think they are experminting with techonolgy for the future

cybersurf

I noticed that there is a section for Alien-based religions, but it seems fairly empty and non-active. Considering the recent press on this issue and the rise in Alien-based faiths, I wanted to post a poll to learn the opinions on this subject from people in this forum.

Did you know that the Catholic Church has also been interested in Aliens? The Catholic Church now even has booklets available to address questions such as "Is there a need to baptize Aliens?" and "Where are Aliens mentioned in the Bible?" ...You can read more about this at this link:
CNS STORY: Do space aliens have souls? Inquiring minds can check Jesuit's book

Want to find out what the ETs believe? Read more about the spiritual ideas of Aliens here: ET to Earth: Do You Wish That We Show UP

Did you know that many of the Presidents of the United States have been interested in Aliens and UFOs too? Did you know that Carter has been nicknamed the "UFO President" and that Ronald Reagan and his wife Nancy were not only fascinated with astrology but UFOs too? Read more about the various presidents and their UFO files here: presidentialUFO.com Presidents UFO and picture history site.

Did you know that Disclosure projects have been in the works for a long time; and that the administration for Clinton was attempting to get a disclosure on this issue. At this link, there are dozens of people who have been in government occupations that are currently willing to testify before the U.S. Congress concerning what they have witnessed of Aliens and UFOs during their service:

Are you aware of UFOs throughout history--from ancient history to even more current times, before the human invention of the airplane? Scroll this link for timeline of UFO history: NEW WORLD ORDER CONSPIRACIES

It is my hope that this thread will open up discussion on Aliens and UFOs and the spiritual beliefs surrounding this issue.

How do you think that the Disclosure of Aliens will affect religious beliefs?

Do you think that the public can handle the idea of Aliens co-existing with us?

It seems all or many are alien inspired.

Many of them (public) do allready have co-existed with them.

Sireal

Setian

It seems all or many are alien inspired.

Many of them (public) do allready have co-existed with them.

I haven't had much of a problem with the humans of late....seems their little world is collapsing for reasons that are far to obvious to mention but they have been busy little bees trying to fix the unfixable....I'm selling popcorn and hotdogs for the show!

Atheologian

John Frum
I noticed that there is a section for Alien-based religions, but it seems fairly empty and non-active. Considering the recent press on this issue and the rise in Alien-based faiths, I wanted to post a poll to learn the opinions on this subject from people in this forum.

Did you know that the Catholic Church has also been interested in Aliens? The Catholic Church now even has booklets available to address questions such as "Is there a need to baptize Aliens?" and "Where are Aliens mentioned in the Bible?" ...You can read more about this at this link:
CNS STORY: Do space aliens have souls? Inquiring minds can check Jesuit's book

Want to find out what the ETs believe? Read more about the spiritual ideas of Aliens here: ET to Earth: Do You Wish That We Show UP

Did you know that many of the Presidents of the United States have been interested in Aliens and UFOs too? Did you know that Carter has been nicknamed the "UFO President" and that Ronald Reagan and his wife Nancy were not only fascinated with astrology but UFOs too? Read more about the various presidents and their UFO files here: The Presidents UFO Website

Did you know that Disclosure projects have been in the works for a long time; and that the administration for Clinton was attempting to get a disclosure on this issue. At this link, there are dozens of people who have been in government occupations that are currently willing to testify before the U.S. Congress concerning what they have witnessed of Aliens and UFOs during their service: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1776848428018799270&q=ufo

Are you aware of UFOs throughout history--from ancient history to even more current times, before the human invention of the airplane? Scroll this link for timeline of UFO history: NEW WORLD ORDER CONSPIRACIES

It is my hope that this thread will open up discussion on Aliens and UFOs and the spiritual beliefs surrounding this issue.

I think the Catholic church would be the first to adopt aliens as "angels" and theologians would spin the existence of extra-terrestrial life as proof of God.
The pope would suddenly be "ambassador to the stars". How else could the aliens accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior?

Last edited:

Spiritone

Because Jesus was an "alien" with greater powers than earthlings, as a lot of aliens have very advanced abilities. He may come again when the time is right. Just a possibility!!!!!!!!

imaginaryme

There's too much evidence of Something Going On for there to be nothing going on. Just seen a youtube vid of NASA footage. Houston's like, the heck you guys seeing up there... the crew in the shuttle's like, uh... uh... I guess there's speculation that these - somethings - live in our outer atmosphere and can only be seen in the ultraviolet spectrum - and are like two miles across. Aliens don't even need ships no more. :D

But there's all kinds of documented evidence of Not Knowing going on. Besides, life on this rock is every-freaking-where. The only other place we've been to is Luna; and considering I can walk out my door and take a ten mile stroll into an area that looks equally barren... it's about a certainty there is life out there, everywhere; doing all the crazy crap life does here.

Naveed83

Wandering madman
Considering that life on Earth is being found in all sorts of extreme environments now, I have no doubt life exists elsewhere in the universe or even elsewhere in our solar system. I've also seen a few objects that I know were not conventional man made aircraft (or objects like balloons). One object even appeared under some really odd circumstances that has left me wondering if there was some sort of "mental connection" with an occupant.