• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are the Trumps running the government, or selling beans?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Criminal behavior on their part? They believe that they can literally get away with murder, Donald said that. So what's another crime to a criminal enterprise but business as usual.
This is only true as long as Trump is in office and controls the Justice Department.

The Justice Department's position is that a sitting president can't be indicted. This doesn't mean that Trump has license to commit crimes; it only means that if he commits crimes while in office, the Justice Department will wait until he's out to indict him for them.

I can only assume that Trump's endgame here - if he's thought that far ahead - is to find a replacement who will pardon him the way Ford did for Nixon.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Just when you thought they couldn't get any worse...
OR is it just another distraction tactic. One to get Dems focusing on the wrong thing?

Proverbs 29:9 If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet.

I've always liked that one. Whether it's a tactic or not, I think the Democrats need to work out what they stand for, and present positive messaging on that, as well as be more strategic in how they position that messaging to appeal to the swinging voters. If they lose sight of that for any reason - be it Trump-induced or not - and they're dropping the ball.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sometimes I've heard occasional suggestions from people who think the government could reduce the budget deficit by selling advertising space on government vehicles and buildings and so forth.

But it might be really lucrative to have the president put in little mini-commercials in his speeches.

"Tonight's press conference is sponsored by Feen-O-Lax, for those who are really full of ****. And by Charmin bathroom tissue, for obvious reasons.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Goya sells other products. Are they famous for their beans? It strikes me as funny that beans were the product chosen to highlight the dynasties support.

I don't recall buying their products much, if at all. However, I found another site which lists a number of companies which support Trump, including Goya.

Boycott Trump: Companies to Avoid Updated for 2020

---

If you want to avoid companies with financial ties to Trump, here’s a quick list:

Company

Reason to Avoid

Trump-owned businesses

Maybe it goes without saying, but it's an easy one to start with. The Trump organization owns and operates a large number of hotels, golf courses, real estate properties, and other ventures.

Equinox Fitness / Soul Cycle / Blink Fitness

Chairman Stephen Ross held an up to $250k per ticket fundraiser for Trump's reelection in August 2019.

Marvel Entertainment

Marvel Entertainment (the comic book division of Marvel) Chair Isaac Perlmutter donated $360,000 to Trump 2020 and an additional $5 million to a Super PAC supporting Trump and other conservative candidates in 2020.

Bubba Gump Shrimp and Joe's Crab Shack

The CEO of Landry's, the company that owns Bubba Gump and Joe's Crab Shack, donated $35,000 to the Trump Victory PAC in February. He is also participating in the roundtable discussions, Business Insider reported.

Las Vega Sands / Venetian

Founder Sheldon Adelson donated $466,900 to Republican candidates and parties through the first half of 2019.

Shell Oil

Shell paid employees to attend a Trump rally in August 2019.

Nathan's Famous

Chairman Howard Lorber raised funds for both Trump's 2016 and 2020 campaigns.

Estee Lauder

Ron Lauder donated $100,000 to Trump Victory committee and more than $1.6 million in political contributions to pro-Trump organizations.

UFC

UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta recently contributed a million dollars to a super PAC which supports Trump’s 2020 campaign.

WWE

WWE owner Linda McMahon has contributed $360,000 to Trump's re-election PAC.

Muy Cos.

Muy owns hundreds of Wendy's, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut locations. CEO James Bodenstedt has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to Trump's re-election, including a $200,000 donation to the Trump Victory PAC in March 2020.

Uline

Owners Elizabeth and Richard Uihlein have donated $1 million to pro-Trump super PAC America First Action.

Copart

Jay Adair, CEO of car salvage company Copart, spent $100,000 on Trump’s joint fundraising committee.

New Balance

Chairman donated $400,000 to Trump's 2016 campaign.

MolsonCoors

Board Member Peter Coors raised funds for Trump and Trump PAC.

LendingTree

CEO Doug Lebda raised funds for Trump during 2016 campaign.

Hobby Lobby

CEO endorsed Trump during 2016 campaign.

CVS

CVS Health Corp. donated $35,000 to Trump’s Victory PAC and $500,000 to America First Policies, a nonprofit that promotes anti-immigration rhetoric and policies.

Planet Fitness

CEO Chris Rondeau gave over $1,200 to Trump's election campaign.

AT&T

Donated over $2 million in cash and services to Trump's inauguration.

Charles Schwab

Chairman Charles Schwab donated $1 million to Trump's inauguration.

Bank of America / Merrill Lynch

Donated $1 million to Trump's inauguration.

BP

President endorsed Trump in 2016 election cycle.

Goya Foods

On July 9th, 2020, Goya’s CEO, Robert Unanue,

appeared in the White House Rose Garden and praised Trump. He said that “We are all truly blessed...to have a leader like President Trump who is a builder." After hearing the call to #BoycottGoya, we've made the decision to include them on this list. CNN reports that Robert Unanue has donated to Republicans in recent years, including to the Republican National Committee. Robert’s brother, who is Goya’s EVP, gave $100,000 to the anti-abortion National Right to Life Victory fund back in 2012 and other Unanue family members who are shareholders of Goya have given thousands of dollars to mostly Republican candidates and politicians, including Trump.

-----

That's quite a list. Nathan's Hot Dogs, Bank of America, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Goya sells other products. Are they famous for their beans? It strikes me as funny that beans were the product chosen to highlight the dynasties support.
One of my friends on social media had a good take on that, I thought: they said that the photo ops gave off the vibe that someone told an intern to run to the grocery store and grab whatever Goya products they could find in 5 minutes.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
One of my friends on social media had a good take on that, I thought: they said that the photo ops gave off the vibe that someone told an intern to run to the grocery store and grab whatever Goya products they could find in 5 minutes.
It does seem to have that sort of vibe. I do not imagine someone like Ivanka went out and got her favorite Goya product to showcase. There is a bit of a sense of unreality in the photos. I am not sure what it is.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't recall buying their products much, if at all. However, I found another site which lists a number of companies which support Trump, including Goya.

Boycott Trump: Companies to Avoid Updated for 2020

---

If you want to avoid companies with financial ties to Trump, here’s a quick list:

Company

Reason to Avoid

Trump-owned businesses

Maybe it goes without saying, but it's an easy one to start with. The Trump organization owns and operates a large number of hotels, golf courses, real estate properties, and other ventures.

Equinox Fitness / Soul Cycle / Blink Fitness

Chairman Stephen Ross held an up to $250k per ticket fundraiser for Trump's reelection in August 2019.

Marvel Entertainment

Marvel Entertainment (the comic book division of Marvel) Chair Isaac Perlmutter donated $360,000 to Trump 2020 and an additional $5 million to a Super PAC supporting Trump and other conservative candidates in 2020.

Bubba Gump Shrimp and Joe's Crab Shack

The CEO of Landry's, the company that owns Bubba Gump and Joe's Crab Shack, donated $35,000 to the Trump Victory PAC in February. He is also participating in the roundtable discussions, Business Insider reported.

Las Vega Sands / Venetian

Founder Sheldon Adelson donated $466,900 to Republican candidates and parties through the first half of 2019.

Shell Oil

Shell paid employees to attend a Trump rally in August 2019.

Nathan's Famous

Chairman Howard Lorber raised funds for both Trump's 2016 and 2020 campaigns.

Estee Lauder

Ron Lauder donated $100,000 to Trump Victory committee and more than $1.6 million in political contributions to pro-Trump organizations.

UFC

UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta recently contributed a million dollars to a super PAC which supports Trump’s 2020 campaign.

WWE

WWE owner Linda McMahon has contributed $360,000 to Trump's re-election PAC.

Muy Cos.

Muy owns hundreds of Wendy's, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut locations. CEO James Bodenstedt has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to Trump's re-election, including a $200,000 donation to the Trump Victory PAC in March 2020.

Uline

Owners Elizabeth and Richard Uihlein have donated $1 million to pro-Trump super PAC America First Action.

Copart

Jay Adair, CEO of car salvage company Copart, spent $100,000 on Trump’s joint fundraising committee.

New Balance

Chairman donated $400,000 to Trump's 2016 campaign.

MolsonCoors

Board Member Peter Coors raised funds for Trump and Trump PAC.

LendingTree

CEO Doug Lebda raised funds for Trump during 2016 campaign.

Hobby Lobby

CEO endorsed Trump during 2016 campaign.

CVS

CVS Health Corp. donated $35,000 to Trump’s Victory PAC and $500,000 to America First Policies, a nonprofit that promotes anti-immigration rhetoric and policies.

Planet Fitness

CEO Chris Rondeau gave over $1,200 to Trump's election campaign.

AT&T

Donated over $2 million in cash and services to Trump's inauguration.

Charles Schwab

Chairman Charles Schwab donated $1 million to Trump's inauguration.

Bank of America / Merrill Lynch

Donated $1 million to Trump's inauguration.

BP

President endorsed Trump in 2016 election cycle.

Goya Foods

On July 9th, 2020, Goya’s CEO, Robert Unanue,

appeared in the White House Rose Garden and praised Trump. He said that “We are all truly blessed...to have a leader like President Trump who is a builder." After hearing the call to #BoycottGoya, we've made the decision to include them on this list. CNN reports that Robert Unanue has donated to Republicans in recent years, including to the Republican National Committee. Robert’s brother, who is Goya’s EVP, gave $100,000 to the anti-abortion National Right to Life Victory fund back in 2012 and other Unanue family members who are shareholders of Goya have given thousands of dollars to mostly Republican candidates and politicians, including Trump.

-----

That's quite a list. Nathan's Hot Dogs, Bank of America, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut.
That is quite a list. I cannot believe he has the backing of Iron Man and Capt. America.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
It does seem to have that sort of vibe. I do not imagine someone like Ivanka went out and got her favorite Goya product to showcase. There is a bit of a sense of unreality in the photos. I am not sure what it is.
Reminds me of this photo.

upload_2020-7-17_10-40-20.jpeg

They are both holding something they know nothing about and have no real interest in.

At least Ivanka didn’t have to tear gas a bunch of peaceful protesters to get her picture taken. She merely broke the law.

Last edited: