• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are the 10 Commandments as a whole valid today?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
yeah it means tribe
"Jews" early on consisted of 12 tribes, but the name eventually began to be applied to anyone who is descendant from any of the twelve and/or those who may convert in. The word "gentile" means "non-Jewish" in this context.

meghanwaterlillies

"Jews" early on consisted of 12 tribes, but the name eventually began to be applied to anyone who is descendant from any of the twelve and/or those who may convert in. The word "gentile" means "non-Jewish" in this context.
and so they are a tribe; what does tribe mean?

meghanwaterlillies

12 tribes;
That means they practiced different stuff.. because would you class them all the same but then call them 12 different sets of people, they may have come from just different brothers but still would you say your brother is isn't from the same "tribe" family or what ever?
Which the reconversion in is even more confusion.
Because they say jews and gentiles a lot.
Which means the either the jews are who they are as a tribe not a different divided house.
Gentile means tribe.
So like the person said up there it's an oxymoron.
a social division in a traditional society consisting of families or communities linked by social, economic, religious, or blood ties, with a common culture and dialect etc etc

Biology
a taxonomic category that ranks above genus and below family or subfamily, usually ending in -ini (in zoology) or -eae (in botany).(which is not it)

Last edited:

meghanwaterlillies

12 tribes;
That means they practiced different stuff.. because would you class them all the same but then call them 12 different sets of people, they may have come from just different brothers but still would you say your brother is isn't from the same "tribe" family or what ever?
Which the reconversion in is even more confusion.
Because they say jews and gentiles a lot.
Which means the either the jews are who they are as a tribe not a different divided house.
Gentile means tribe.
So like the person said up there it's an oxymoron.
a social division in a traditional society consisting of families or communities linked by social, economic, religious, or blood ties, with a common culture and dialect etc etc

Biology
a taxonomic category that ranks above genus and below family or subfamily, usually ending in -ini (in zoology) or -eae (in botany).(which is not it)
And Even better you don't need to be classed back in LOL

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
and so they are a tribe; what does tribe mean?
We definite "tribe" in anthropology as relating to a collection of bands that have some common recognition and speak the same language. For example, I spend lots of time each year near and with the Ojibwe tribe, which has bands scattered around much of the Great Lakes that includes parts of the U.S. and Canada.

meghanwaterlillies

We definite "tribe" in anthropology as relating to a collection of bands that have some common recognition and speak the same language. For example, I spend lots of time each year near and with the Ojibwe tribe, which has bands scattered around much of the Great Lakes that includes parts of the U.S. and Canada.
That means nothing to what I said you gave me a place and a people but you also have that.

Muffled

Jesus in me
That means nothing to what I said you gave me a place and a people but you also have that.

I believe the Jews do not see themselves as a tribe but as a people who worship Yahweh. So technically if someone from a different tribe than the descendants of Israel wants to be Jewish all he has to do is worship Yahweh.

Everyone else is in a tribe that does not worship Yahweh.

Ben Avraham

Untruth, the Romans ended us by the destruction of
Jerusalem .. and therefore the Temple and alter for
sacrifice ... reason we did, well we had many tribes
2 with roles of community service Duty to HaShem
and Civic management .. a regular sacrifice of the harvest fed those 2 ... logic

No, they didn't. The Romans ended up with the Temple and the sacrifices, not with us. As a result of wha happened, we have cultivated a form of Judaism according to what had been before sacrifices were added. The consolation about this is that Jeremiah was right to say that the Lord had never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel.