• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Religions Like Filthy Rags

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
But its not entrapmemt and illusions. If the people interpret life by shadows, so be. Not all religions are people entrapped in shadows. In some denomni of christianity, the sacraments in Catholicsm or bein bor again in baptist are How people got from the chains not the entrapment itself.

Religions arent illusions and entrapment. It is what breaks people from the chains and its foundation is the sunlight.​

When the man comes down you can Also interpret it that he tries to get the people to use pickets or screws (religion) to get out of the cave. Like many nonreligious people, they rather see shadows as if getting out of he cave will some how magically without their effort (religion).

So the visible (screws and pickets) are just as valuable as the invisible, what he man saw outside the cave.

You can talk about love/shadows all day but until you literally and actually break yourself free or trust someone who will, thats your whole reality, the shadows.​

There are many shadows or illusions people see. When they have religion and are free, they find each person sees and interprets light differently. The freedom of individual expressions and interpretations not to mixed up with seeing one truth. What they see are different things.​

You can say they see the same thing because they are in the same environment and condition but unless you come from the cave, thats all youll believe because youre trapped in he same spot as your peers.

Once you have religion and you set yourself or someone sets you free, you see the polythestic nature/truth of the world. Everything has its own truth ans you appreciate this awakening.​

As long as you stuck in the cave youll misinterpret shadowz and the wall as love. Thats fine.

I dont see anything morrally wrong with it.

I just dont agree that illusioned people tell awakened people they dont believe awakened that there are many truths all because they rather be infront the shadows and think there is one.

I dont agree that awakened people think that chained people are somehow trapped in their illusioned love. Their truth is different than the awakened; and, thats okay.

-

Plato made it religious in nature, I believe. I think the Republic is a political book. Id have to read it again. But thats how I see truth. Im not special because I see variety of truths. I just appreciate that religion, the climbing, tools, wisdom, and such help me see what I see. I cant imagine being chained up seeing only the wall because yall dont like religion. But your truth just mine.

ignorance is what sin is based upon. knowing better and doing wrong anyway, is willful sinning.

ignorance of the Law is not an excuse. don't believe me? ask a lawyer or judge.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
ignorance is what sin is based upon. knowing better and doing wrong anyway, is willful sinning.

This above doesnt relate to my post. But, the law regonizes crime but depending on the circumstances (hence proesecuter and defender needed) is depending if there id an excuse and whether the supposed judge would mark the consequences at a pretrial or go jury.

As with Plato Cave, those ignorant to the variety of truths out in the sunlight have an excuse. They have been chained up sense birth and "know no other reality but the shadows." They reflect truth as if its Only the shadows and wall infront them.

If only all of them would break free, they see different truths and not all truths are love. Hopefully, they lear appreciate and accept this.

My thing is:

1. As long as the awakened to truths dont try to convince people who believe one truth they are wrong. Knowing many truths means also accepting whats reality to one is an illusion to another.

2. For the cave men trying not to convince the awakened that there is one truth. Their ignorance blinds them the evidence there is more than one because they have a man standing in front of him telling them what he saw and they dont believe so they stay in one truth reality.

Nothing wrong with that as long as one doesnt indoctrinate and/or force another to believe what he/she isnt conditioned to believe.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This above doesnt relate to my post. But, the law regonizes crime but depending on the circumstances (hence proesecuter and defender needed) is depending if there id an excuse and whether the supposed judge would mark the consequences at a pretrial or go jury.

As with Plato Cave, those ignorant to the variety of truths out in the sunlight have an excuse. They have been chained up sense birth and "know no other reality but the shadows." They reflect truth as if its Only the shadows and wall infront them.

If only all of them would break free, they see different truths and not all truths are love. Hopefully, they lear appreciate and accept this.

My thing is:

1. As long as the awakened to truths dont try to convince people who believe one truth they are wrong. Knowing many truths means also accepting whats reality to one is an illusion to another.

2. For the cave men trying not to convince the awakened that there is one truth. Their ignorance blinds them the evidence there is more than one because they have a man standing in front of him telling them what he saw and they dont believe so they stay in one truth reality.

Nothing wrong with that as long as one doesnt indoctrinate and/or force another to believe what he/she isnt conditioned to believe.

actually it does. allow me to reiterate in another form. ignorance of the law, of the Truth is not an excuse.

there are people in prison, jails, correctional facilities, psychwards, who believe they had the right to believe and do as they please. hypocrisy is having two sets of rules. one for self and one for other as self.

no one has the power to force belief. one's reality comes from belief. if you believe it's ok to steal then you're going to steal. if you believe its not ok to steal, then chances are you won't because you want done unto others as you would have done unto you.

it's called the golden rule; which is to love.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

This is what didn't seem to relate to my post. Ignorance isn't a sin. It's just ignorance. If you were in the cave chained and the only One reality you saw are shadows and the wall and I am the woman that broke free with religion (practice and effort to move the chains) and went out to the blinding light. I see so many truths that its blinding. I can't figure which one is the truth because I'm so condition to think there is only one truth, that's why I can't focus.

But, in reality, now I can. I was never raised religious and went in and out of Catholicism because I knew each religion isn't false just because the religion I went into says they have One truth when I know there are many.

But I don't go down into the cave and tell you are ignorant and you are in sin all because you see one reality and you are chained up. Your illusion is another person's truth. If we accept this in an optimistic way, we are a step closer to many truths. Until then, many people will be stuck one truth thinking one way is the only way and the only method through this belief style.

I feel it's more about ego, the "one truth" belief and political power. But that's me.

there are people in prison, jails, correctional facilities, psychwards, who believe they had the right to believe and do as they please. hypocrisy is having two sets of rules. one for self and one for other as self.

When people commit a crime, they are not guilty yet. They go to a court of law to determine if their commit has an excuse (no consequences) or it doesn't (consequences). If what they did has an excuse, then they may have charges because of damage done but not for the crime itself. If they don't have an excuse they may have charges for what they have done, damage, and/or jail time.

If it's an offense to someone's life, the excuse is harder to judge. If one is incapable of making decisions or in state of poor mental health, they have an excuse. Those who know and willingly hurt others or themselves do not have one.

The former, the people may be ignorant to the consequences because they couldn't control their actions or the circumstances that made them act (self-defense for example). So it's not a sin (an immoral action). That doesn't mean they are not charged. It just means the charges are not towards the offense but the damage and maybe damage to the victim's family.

The latter, they are not ignorant. They know they sined with a clean bill of health.

But back to the Cave. The people chained up are not ignorant/sinning. That's their reality. That's the One reality that they know. If their one reality is love, so be.

I just know there are many types of love/truths from a variety of different cultures, religions, communities, and individuals that to tell them they are chained up all because they associate their love with visible things is to put them in a box, take their family, friends, environment out, and tell them to look at the wall but don't worry about breaking the chains.

whirlingmerc

Man in his fallen nature has a righteousness like filthy rags and putting a bandaid on that
instead of dealing with the problem is like using colony on a corpse