• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Religions Like Filthy Rags

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Are Religions Like Filthy Rags for the Naked Truth

Isaiah 23
2 at that time the Lord spoke through Isaiah son of Amoz. He said to him, “Take off the sackcloth from your body and the sandals from your feet.” And he did so, going around stripped and barefoot.

Isaiah 64:6

All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Isaiah 66
66 This is what the Lord says:

“Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool.
Where is the house you will build for me?
Where will my resting place be?
2 Has not my hand made all these things,
and so they came into being?”
declares the Lord.

GodsVoice

Isaiah 23
2 at that time the Lord spoke through Isaiah son of Amoz. He said to him, “Take off the sackcloth from your body and the sandals from your feet.” And he did so, going around stripped and barefoot.

All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Isaiah 66

“Heaven is my throne,
declares the Lord.

Here's what God had St. Thomas write;

113. His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"
"It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, 'Look, here!' or 'Look, there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is spread out upon the earth, and people don't see it."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Isaiah 23

Isaiah 66

“Heaven is my throne,
declares the Lord.

No. Unless you feel that you are filfhy for saying thank you. For helping others. For folding your hands in prayer. For worshiping with people of like mind. For changing your life for the better. For being in touch with family.

Why would someone see their life as filthy rags? Thats not religion.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No. Unless you feel that you are filfhy for saying thank you. For helping others. For folding your hands in prayer. For worshiping with people of like mind. For changing your life for the better. For being in touch with family.

filthy coverings,

Revelation 17:16
And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the wh0re, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

GodsVoice

Lucifer = Earth
Beast = Religions and false gods
Christ = Spirit of God

Christ will destroy Lucifer and the Beast soon.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
filthy coverings,

Revelation 17:16
And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the wh0re, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

I dont understand that verse. You Must put commentary to any scripture you quote. I cant guess the connection and point without it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Lucifer = Earth
Beast = Religions and false gods
Christ = Spirit of God

Christ will destroy Lucifer and the Beast soon.

Huh?

Religion is just what you DO when you worship. Prayer, gratitude, being a LGBT advocate, being me, writing, drawing, are how I worship. They are my religion.

Yours sounds like evangalization. Many people Practice differently.

I dont see how worshiping god is related to false religions

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I dont understand that verse. You Must put commentary to any scripture you quote. I cant guess the connection and point without it.

you can't profit from what you can't control. if you can't control the image of the beast, you can't gain from it.

christianity is a cult of personality.

Babylon has fallen. Rule by divine right is done.

For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Huh?

Religion is just what you DO when you worship. Prayer, gratitude, being a LGBT advocate, being me, writing, drawing, are how I worship. They are my religion.

Yours sounds like evangalization. Many people Pracice differently.

I dont see how worshiping god is related to false religions

Love is not a religion, or the symbols, or a book of words. Love is an action.

worship Love in Action

You have the power to change someone's life with LOVE, to make a difference in the smallest act of kindness.

Empathy, compassion, and serving others as self, or selflessness

Love doesn't have a specific form and does not have to be rational, or organized.

it is in fact, quite fragmented and intuitive.

it doesn't come with careful observation of rituals, instructions, rules, commandments. it comes like a flash of lightning

GodsVoice

The ONE who makes desolate is God. All flesh born of Satan and the Beast will be destroyed very soon with hot molten lava that will burst through the crust and melt everything on it into a Lake of Fire. Right before the hot lava starts pouring out from the top of the mountains, the earth will shake violently. Here are some prophecies about this day of the Lord destruction.

Isaiah 24
18: He who flees at the sound of the terror shall fall into the pit; and he who climbs out of the pit shall be caught in the snare. For the windows of heaven are opened, and the foundations of the earth tremble.
19: The earth is utterly broken, the earth is rent asunder, the earth is violently shaken.
20: The earth staggers like a drunken man, it sways like a hut; its transgression lies heavy upon it, and it falls, and will not rise again.

Ezekiel 38
19: For in my jealousy and in my blazing wrath I declare, On that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
20: the fish of the sea, and the birds of the air, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep on the ground, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall quake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the cliffs shall fall, and every wall shall tumble to the ground.

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
11: Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
12: waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire!
13: But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Isaiah 66
15: "For behold, the LORD will come in fire, and his chariots like the stormwind, to render his anger in fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16: For by fire will the LORD execute judgment, and by his sword, upon all flesh; and those slain by the LORD shall be many.

Zephaniah 1
18: Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them on the day of the wrath of the LORD. In the fire of his jealous wrath, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full, yea, sudden end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

Revelation 21
1: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

The good news is that only the flesh of man burns up, not the spirit of man that remains in the spirit of God which is Heaven, or the MIND.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
"Filthy rags" strikes me as a good metaphor. In general, religions consist mostly of falsehoods and nonsense with a few nuggets of truth and wisdom scattered in among the falsehoods and nonsense.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
it doesn't come with careful observation of rituals, instructions, rules, commandments. it comes like a flash of lightning

Expand your mind :) Religion is not careful observation of rituals, instructions, rules, and commandments.

That's not the definition.

My religion is:

1. Ritual: I get up every morning and say thank you for being alive one more day. I get dressed (carefully observing that I put my pants and shirt on with the tag in the back)

2. Instructions: I fix something to eat. If I want something new, I usually read the instructions before fixing a meal. I do my prayer and add my little touch and I chow down before leaving out

3. Rules: Well, to catch the bus there are certain things I must do for my to get from point A to point B. Of course, I look at the schedule, stand at the bus stop, pay for the bus, and pull the cord when I need to stop. I follow these rules because they lead to a better transport to where I want to go without interuption.

This is part of my religion. My daily routine. No different than prayer and any other religious thing I do. It's gratitude for life and being productive in it.

4. Commandments: Can you imagine if I don't follow the rules in class, what would happen? I'd probably flunk the class. If I cheat on the test because I wanted to be "spiritual and not religious" then my grades will reflect on the lack of discipline towards this ritual of taking quizzes and tests to pass school. Discipline is in all religions. Without it, why and how are ye religious?

Someone who is spiritual and not religious, I see kind of like this:

1. Ritual: "Oh. Lala. I believe in god. I love god".

So? What do you do that lets me know you believe.

"Oh, nothing. It's just a feeling inside me and my consciousness or heart sings when god talks to me."

"Oh, that's nice" I say. "What has god done through you?"

"AAhh... what do you mean?"

2. Instructions: Yeah, I believe in god. But god doesn't tell me to do anything. I just do everything on my own. Oh yeah, if I wanted to pray to god, I can pray anyway I want to in any order. Don't worry about the Bible. Let me throw those instructions aside and just do as I please

3. Rules: Since I'm spiritual and not religious, and don't need god's instructions, why follow his rules? I mean, I still love god and all.

"Well, how do you love him if you don't follow his rules and instructions?"

"Because he is the light inside me."

"That's nice poetry" I comment. (Christians have a lot of poetic talk) "but you mean god doesn't have guidelines and rules for how you should conduct your life? So Jesus died for nothing?"

4. Commandments: While Moses can keep the commandments, so do the Jews, so do the Apostles, the Gentiles do not need to keep the commandments. No. If they are spiritual and not religious, the commandments (rules of obedience) from their god is useless.

From a christian perspective, spiritual and not religious sounds like that christian wants to be god. Literally acting as if they can do what god does for them because they don't want to discipline, guidence, and action of living for Christ.

THAT is religion (focusing on Christianty).

Outside of Christianity, religion is an umbrella term for what people do when they practice their faith. If you feel your evangalization, reading scripture, prayer are filthy rags, I don't know what to say. However, I call that religion because that is something you do for god.

Or am I wrong?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
All this knowledge is invisible to man so it needed to be revealed through us servants testifying to every word, vision, dream and spoken words by the voice of God to help us understand who we are IN HIM ( Christ ), also known as our MIND.

How can you testify to anything if you feel religion is false? If religion is false, that would include what you do for god too. You don't have to call it religion to have a religion. It just means you have a set discipline on how you follow your faith. Now if you said organized religion, I can kinda see your point since everyone always focus on that as if being organized (since there are millions of people) is somehow wrong, I guess religions should let their congregants do the electric slide and whatever they want.

I wonder how worship can even happen if we can do whatever we want. That reminds me of hip hop concerts I see on t.v. where every person has a mic and each dancing to their own tune with no unison.

While religion and congregation reminds me of a choir and everyone singing in unions. Of course, practice is needed, rules of how to use your tongue, commandments such as what to sing in our chour books, and rituals of practicing every morning and evening are needed to be successful. But then again, unless a person wants to be a one-person religion, I don't see how this can be bad.

You're generalizing religions you don't care for as if it represents religions as a whole. It's completely false.

GodsVoice

How can you testify to anything if you feel religion is false? If religion is false, that would include what you do for god too. You don't have to call it religion to have a religion. It just means you have a set discipline on how you follow your faith. Now if you said organized religion, I can kinda see your point since everyone always focus on that as if being organized (since there are millions of people) is somehow wrong, I guess religions should let their congregants do the electric slide and whatever they want.

I wonder how worship can even happen if we can do whatever we want. That reminds me of hip hop concerts I see on t.v. where every person has a mic and each dancing to their own tune with no unison.

While religion and congregation reminds me of a choir and everyone singing in unions. Of course, practice is needed, rules of how to use your tongue, commandments such as what to sing in our chour books, and rituals of practicing every morning and evening are needed to be successful. But then again, unless a person wants to be a one-person religion, I don't see how this can be bad.

You're generalizing religions you don't care for as if it represents religions as a whole. It's completely false.

What comes from those worshiping Satan and the Beast are visible things. What comes from Christ is totally invisible to man forever and ever but after Satan and the Beast are destroyed soon, then what comes from Christ is a New Jerusalem filled with new images to experience with our created senses.

GodsVoice

Expand your mind :) Religion is not careful observation of rituals, instructions, rules, and commandments.

That's not the definition.

My religion is:

1. Ritual: I get up every morning and say thank you for being alive one more day. I get dressed (carefully observing that I put my pants and shirt on with the tag in the back)

2. Instructions: I fix something to eat. If I want something new, I usually read the instructions before fixing a meal. I do my prayer and add my little touch and I chow down before leaving out

3. Rules: Well, to catch the bus there are certain things I must do for my to get from point A to point B. Of course, I look at the schedule, stand at the bus stop, pay for the bus, and pull the cord when I need to stop. I follow these rules because they lead to a better transport to where I want to go without interuption.

This is part of my religion. My daily routine. No different than prayer and any other religious thing I do. It's gratitude for life and being productive in it.

4. Commandments: Can you imagine if I don't follow the rules in class, what would happen? I'd probably flunk the class. If I cheat on the test because I wanted to be "spiritual and not religious" then my grades will reflect on the lack of discipline towards this ritual of taking quizzes and tests to pass school. Discipline is in all religions. Without it, why and how are ye religious?

Someone who is spiritual and not religious, I see kind of like this:

1. Ritual: "Oh. Lala. I believe in god. I love god".

So? What do you do that lets me know you believe.

"Oh, nothing. It's just a feeling inside me and my consciousness or heart sings when god talks to me."

"Oh, that's nice" I say. "What has god done through you?"

"AAhh... what do you mean?"

2. Instructions: Yeah, I believe in god. But god doesn't tell me to do anything. I just do everything on my own. Oh yeah, if I wanted to pray to god, I can pray anyway I want to in any order. Don't worry about the Bible. Let me throw those instructions aside and just do as I please

3. Rules: Since I'm spiritual and not religious, and don't need god's instructions, why follow his rules? I mean, I still love god and all.

"Well, how do you love him if you don't follow his rules and instructions?"

"Because he is the light inside me."

"That's nice poetry" I comment. (Christians have a lot of poetic talk) "but you mean god doesn't have guidelines and rules for how you should conduct your life? So Jesus died for nothing?"

4. Commandments: While Moses can keep the commandments, so do the Jews, so do the Apostles, the Gentiles do not need to keep the commandments. No. If they are spiritual and not religious, the commandments (rules of obedience) from their god is useless.

From a christian perspective, spiritual and not religious sounds like that christian wants to be god. Literally acting as if they can do what god does for them because they don't want to discipline, guidence, and action of living for Christ.

THAT is religion (focusing on Christianty).

Outside of Christianity, religion is an umbrella term for what people do when they practice their faith. If you feel your evangalization, reading scripture, prayer are filthy rags, I don't know what to say. However, I call that religion because that is something you do for god.

Or am I wrong?

Religion is based on what you can observe with your sense of sight, especially those false gods built with human hands. Each false god built with human hands has a lot of knowledge ( language ) needed to explain how to draw the plans, build it, clean and maintain it, and all the stories by the users of them false images. The last set of knowledge required for each false god is how to handle it after it's decayed, ugly and unusable. Homeless people might enjoy those decayed ugly looking false gods for awhile but most of them end up back in the soil where they came from.

Those of us IN Christ will enjoy all the visible things forever without ever building anything or being deceived by them knowing they are only formed illusions in the MIND.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
What comes from those worshiping Satan and the Beast are visible things. What comes from Christ is totally invisible to man forever and ever but after Satan and the Beast are destroyed soon, then what comes from Christ is a New Jerusalem filled with new images to experience with our created senses.
An those who are in religion that are not worshiping satan but christ? Is their religion false?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Those of us IN Christ will enjoy all the visible things forever without ever building anything or being deceived by them knowing they are only formed illusions in the MIND.

This is religion too.

Its not a nasty word. If there are specific religions you distaste, then its better to mention them and be specific.

Just plain religion has nothing to do with false gods. You are Practicing religion as we speak.

GodsVoice

This is religion too.

Its not a nasty word. If there are specific religions you distaste, then its better to mention them and be specific.

Just plain religion has nothing to do with false gods. You are Practicing religion as we speak.

You're not understanding what "Christ" means and neither does any visible body called a Christian. Only those of us who are IN Christ ( pure invisible thoughts of our Creator ) understands what all those visible images are that we experience with our created senses. What is invisible to man is not a religion. It's called the Truth.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Those of us IN Christ will experience life forever and won't understand what religion is when we awaken on the New Earth ready to experience many more make believe worlds for us to explore.

They are in religion because they are IN Christ. That is their religion. They can call it Sawusmsu if they want. As long as they are IN Christ, worship In Christ, and so forth, they are practicing religion.

:herb:

It has nothing to do with the beast.

GodsVoice

They are in religion because they are IN Christ. That is their religion. They can call it Sawusmsu if they want. As long as they are IN Christ, worship In Christ, and so forth, they are practicing religion.

:herb:

It has nothing to do with the beast.

People who call themselves Christians are worshiping the Beast and think they are in Me because they read about Me in a book.